L4L: Dirty Shirley

NFR!: margarita

COCC: wine

BB: sunny d

EDIT:

omg the thread says songs not albums:toofunny:

Edited by godsmonster

negAbhB.png

Love this thread!!!! I'm gonna post some of my favorite recipes along with the songs, if anyone ends up trying these please post pictures & let me know what you think!! Alot of the recipes use alot of the same ingredients too!

Kill Kill: Pina Colada

This makes 4 good sized ones

7 ounces of white Bacardi

7 ounces of coconut cream (Coco Lopez is OG & works fine, but I recently tried the Coco Real brand in a squeeze bottle & it was so LUSCIOUS)

6 ounces of Lakewood pineapple juice

Freeze 1/2 cup fresh pineapple & keep a few wedges fresh (Worth it vs buying frozen pineapple) 

3 cups of ice

Lime

4 ounces of Sailor Jerry dark rum

If I'm making them for a brunch or kickback I'll blend all the ingredients sans the dark rum, lime & fresh pineapple freeze it for like half an hr then blend it again so it has the perfect thickness. Pour into 4 glasses & top with an ounce of the Sailor Jerry rum in each, I like to add an extra little heart of the coconut cream with the squeeze bottle, put a wedge of the fresh pineapple on top of the drink next to the little heart + one on the rim, then add a lime slice to the rim as well. Best pina cola EVER & so great to serve to the people you love

For K Part 2: Old Fashion

1 Tsp Simple Syrup (Made with equal parts raw organic sugar & water simmered + cooled-look up how to make it if you need to know)

1 tsp of honey (I love local honey personally)

3 dashes of Jack Rudy bitters

2 ounces of Heaven's Door bourbon whiskey (This is Bob Dylan's brand! Tennessee whiskey is the absolute best next to canadian)

Piece of orange peel

Maraschino cherry

I personally muddle the orange peel in the glass & then rub on the rim. Set it aside & add all the ingredients & stir-if you can get the big square ice cubes it's the BEST! Add one of those or two regular sized ones, then stir it again to get it to the right temp. A friend of mine likes to just chill the mixture instead of adding ice, but I definitely prefer it with ice it helps blend all the flavors & add some balance. Garnish w/ the orange peel & cherry & it's done!

Florida Kilos: Hurricane (SUPER EASY FOR BEGINNERS)

2 ounces of white Bacardi

2 ounces of Sailor Jerry dark rum

2 ounces of Simply orange juice

3 ounces of organic Simple Truth passion fruit juice (It's a Ralph's/Kroger brand but probably the best I've had)

1/2 ounce simple syrup

1/2 ounce of Liber Co Grenadine

Juice of half a lime

Maraschino cherry

Orange slice

Add everything in a cocktail shaker & shake (it for him shake it for him :dance:), pour over ice & garnish with an orange slice & cherry!

Back to the Basics: Sidecar (Super super easy too)

2 ounces of Hennessy (You can also use the Heaven's Door bourbon from the Old Fashion recipe, I personally prefer brandy, but they're both great in this)

1 ounce of Grand Marnier

1 ounce of fresh lime juice

1 teaspoon of honey

Orange wedges

Raw granulated sugar

Chill your glass for atleast a half hour before if you can! After that take one orange wedge & rub it around the rim so the juice is on the glass. Lay out the sugar on a plate & dip the rim into it!! Pour all the other ingredients (no sugar or orange) into shaker & shake with ice. Strain into ice-free glass & it's done!

High by the Beach: Liquid Marijuana

1 ounce of Sailor Jerry dark rum

1 ounce of Malibu rum

1 ounce of Blue Curacao liqueur

1 ounce of sweet & sour mix

1 ounce of Midori Melon liquer

4 ounces of pineapple juice

I usually just get a really big glass & pour all the ingredients in over ice & stir! This one will get you feelin really good really quick 

How to Disappear: Long Island Iced Tea (This one is very strong as well, I personally leave the tequila out but if you want to add an ounce of silver tequila-I don't recommend it)

1 ounce of Ketel One vodka

1 ounce of white Bacardi

1 ounce of Tanqueray

1 ounce of grand Marnier 

1 ounce of simple syrup

Lemon slice

3/4 ounce of fresh lemon juice

Can of coca cola

Pour all the ingredients besides the lemon slice & coke into shaker with ice & shake! Pour over ice in a big glass & add as much Coca Cola as you want, some just add a little splash but I try to fit as much on top as I can

Off to the Races: El Presidente

1 & 1/2 ounces of white Bacardi

1/2 ounce of Grand Marnier

1 ounce of Lillet Blanc vermouth 

2 dashes of Liber Co Grenadine

Chill glass beforehand-It's best to make this in a mixing glass, add everything in to it & stir with ice! Strain into the chilled glass & it's done & ready to chase you all over town!!! :godlaugh:

This took forever to type up, but I had alot of fun. Let me know if you try any of these, I might add more later this week!

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif