Rust Dress

Russia’s invasion into Ukraine

8 hours ago, TRENCH said:

😐

:eyeroll2: yet another stupidity on their behalf. What's the thought process here? "Let's create a nuclear catastrophe while we ourselves are here and physically affected by it too" or "Let's create a nuclear catastrophe in the country next to ours so our entire country is gonna be radioactive as well"...? Do they think things through or is this sheer despair because they wouldn't dare using nuclear weapons? And if Putin wins but Ukraine is completely radioactive, how is it still of any use? I have questions.

20230718-113117.gif

Honey, you make me feel I'm invincible

Today has been the most insane day of this war so far. Attacking a nuclear power plant? That’s like Russia is literally egging on other nations to step in- as if they really do want a ww3. What is the goal? As well as that Russia has thousands of nukes, I mean, are we just heading towards inevitable nuclear destruction of the global populace?

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Everything is FUCKED.

Kyiv friend was right near a massive explosion yesterday. She said she saw it before she heard it. She and her family can't get out of Kyiv; there is no safe passage so she needs to stay in the metro. 

Russia is also fucked. Half my friends have left or are trying to. One even married her boyfriend to make visas easier (he's Georgian, I think). 

It's difficult to even book train tickets because all the transportation sites (owned by the govt) have been hacked. Rumour has it Putin might ban freedom of movement to stop the mass exodus. People are also panic buying iodine because of the reactors 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

10 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Everything is FUCKED.

Kyiv friend was right near a massive explosion yesterday. She said she saw it before she heard it. She and her family can't get out of Kyiv; there is no safe passage so she needs to stay in the metro. 

Russia is also fucked. Half my friends have left or are trying to. One even married her boyfriend to make visas easier (he's Georgian, I think). 

It's difficult to even book train tickets because all the transportation sites (owned by the govt) have been hacked. Rumour has it Putin might ban freedom of movement to stop the mass exodus. People are also panic buying iodine because of the reactors 

what's the iodine for?

3 minutes ago, The Siren said:

what's the iodine for?

Because when there is a nuclear leak or explosion, it releases radioactive iodine which is absorbed by the thyroid, causing cancer. So if you take normal iodine then it stops your body absorbing the radioactive type.

Or something along those lines. Maybe someone with a medical or science background can explain better

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

Because when there is a nuclear leak or explosion, it releases radioactive iodine which is absorbed by the thyroid, causing cancer. So if you take normal iodine then it stops your body absorbing the radioactive type

Or something along those lines. Maybe someone with a medical or science background can explain better

this was explained just fine thanks <3

better than simply "radioation" :deadbanana: 

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

this was explained just fine thanks <3

better than simply "radioation" :deadbanana: 

i'm no scientist lmao

giphy.gif

On 3/3/2022 at 11:18 AM, Rorman Nockwell said:

I since clarified what I meant by that, and that is, that he wants an authoritarian capitalist bloc. A 21st century USSR, if you will. I agree completely that communism doesn't benefit him whatsoever. 

You're right in saying that Ukraine is strategically important but again, Ukraine is a sovereign nation, Putin doesn't get to make decisions or set conditions for them, and his paranoia over security doesn't justify an invasion. 

I can't work out if you're trying to justify his actions or sympathise with him - you make it sound like you think this is NATO's fault for not doing what he says(?) Why should they? Fuck that. If Ukraine wants to align with the EU and/or NATO because they feel it's in their interests then that's their decision and Putin can fuck off. 

I mean, if NATO gets to the point where they're like, "ohhhh he's unhinged so we better do what he says" then everyone might as well just send a limo to pick him up from the Kremlin and roll out the red carpet for him in Kyiv. 

Re: Palestine it's what we were saying a few pages back: they're not middle class white people and conflict in the Middle East is considered par for the course (this is not my personal belief; I'm just saying this is why the West cares more about this than that). 

(I can see some people tagged me, I will reply tomorrow)

For the purpose of clarity, I am neither justifying Putin’s actions or indeed sympathise with him. If you revisit both my posts; I believe I’ve offered an objective perspective based on my neutral position. I have stated that I do not condone the military action, and have also alluded to pacifism and an anti war mentality. 

Nevertheless, the fact remains that this could have been avoided for the sake of peace. Had NATO made concessions and agreed to cease their eastern expansion (who are they expanding against anyway?!), and no WMD in Ukraine (these are perilous times, why couldn’t NATO have thought outside the box?), then there wouldn’t have been an invasion. 

The Western neoconservatives also have blood on their hands for allowing this to happen. Why? Because they want Russia to implode, and it will! 

Putin has been played like a sucker. I totally get what your saying and agree; Ukraine are entitled to join whatever organisation they want. NATO were under no obligation to concede and impose Putin’s treaty, these are however unprecedented times and things are going sideways, fast! We have the potential for WW3 with nuclear capable countries!

This threat should’ve provided a stronger desire for mediation and concessions, it didn’t, which just illustrates the contempt the elite has for innocent civilians. 

As I said, Putin is done, whatever the outcome. Let’s just hope that history is still able to judge him and his collaborators. Surely they’ll end up answering for their crimes in The Hague. 

(I really should have caught up with the thread before jumping in lol, my bad!) However, and with regard to Palestine and the Middle East in general; what Putin is currently doing has far-reaching implications for any chance of some kind of stability there. Without Russian support, Syria will have little chance against Western objectives, which in turn will lead to more innocent bloodshed and refugees. 

Sending peace and love. 

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, Smoqueed said:

For the purpose of clarity, I am neither justifying Putin’s actions or indeed sympathise with him. If you revisit both my posts; I believe I’ve offered an objective perspective based on my neutral position. I have stated that I do not condone the military action, and have also alluded to pacifism and an anti war mentality. 

Nevertheless, the fact remains that this could have been avoided for the sake of peace. Had NATO made concessions and agreed to cease their eastern expansion (who are they expanding against anyway?!), and no WMD in Ukraine (these are perilous times, why couldn’t NATO have thought outside the box?), then there wouldn’t have been an invasion. 

The Western neoconservatives also have blood on their hands for allowing this to happen. Why? Because they want Russia to implode, and it will! 

Putin has been played like a sucker. I totally get what your saying and agree; Ukraine are entitled to join whatever organisation they want. NATO were under no obligation to concede and impose Putin’s treaty, these are however unprecedented times and things are going sideways, fast! We have the potential for WW3 with nuclear capable countries!

This threat should’ve provided a stronger desire for mediation and concessions, it didn’t, which just illustrates the contempt the elite has for innocent civilians. 

As I said, Putin is done, whatever the outcome. Let’s just hope that history is still able to judge him and his collaborators. Surely they’ll end up answering for their crimes in The Hague. 

(I really should have caught up with the thread before jumping in lol, my bad!) However, and with regard to Palestine and the Middle East in general; what Putin is currently doing has far-reaching implications for any chance of some kind of stability there. Without Russian support, Syria will have little chance against Western objectives, which in turn will lead to more innocent bloodshed and refugees. 

Sending peace and love. 

The Hague doesn't really mean all that much, since Western war crimes and interests are always protected. Putin should be judged by the peoples of both Ukraine and Russia and nobody else.

giphy.gif

New law against freedom of speech basically threatens journalist but also citizens of Russia with up to 15 years of prison for "discrediting" the Russian military.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/04/world/europe/russia-censorship-media-crackdown.html

"The crackdown comes as the Kremlin scrambles to contain discontent over the war and to control the narrative as Russia faces its most severe economic crisis in decades"

20230718-113117.gif

Just now, BlueINK said:

New law against freedom of speech basically threatens journalist but also citizens of Russia with up to 15 years of prison for "discrediting" the Russian military.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/04/world/europe/russia-censorship-media-crackdown.html

Yeah and (less serious) but he's also blocking many socials including Facebook. Russians being force fed propaganda with no opportunities to read other perspectives

Can someone novichok his blini, please

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

Yeah and (less serious) but he's also blocking many socials including Facebook. Russians being force fed propaganda with no opportunities to read other perspectives

Can someone novichok his blini, please

I think social media in this case aren't that unimportant. They tried to block telegram in 2018 and failed so it's becoming a very important platform now. Out of all the social media it has to be telegram...

Yes the only reason why basically everybody knows what's going on is the internet! Propaganda doesn't work as well as 80 years ago because of it.

He's gonna go down the drain. This will not work out. History has taught us that warmongers can't win.

20230718-113117.gif

1 hour ago, BlueINK said:

I think social media in this case aren't that unimportant. They tried to block telegram in 2018 and failed so it's becoming a very important platform now. Out of all the social media it has to be telegram...

Yes the only reason why basically everybody knows what's going on is the internet! Propaganda doesn't work as well as 80 years ago because of it.

He's gonna go down the drain. This will not work out. History has taught us that warmongers can't win.

If warmongers don't win, why are Bush and Cheney and Obama and Trump still alive and well?

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, baddisease said:

If warmongers don't win, why are Bush and Cheney and Obama and Trump still alive and well?

idk what Bush or Cheney did (i was born in 2000) and i dont remember Obama doing anything close to warmongering.

Trump, im surprised hasnt been assassinated :hoe:

Just now, The Siren said:

idk what Bush or Cheney did (i was born in 2000) and i dont remember Obama doing anything close to warmongering.

Trump, im surprised hasnt been assassinated :hoe:

Bush and Cheney went to war in Iraq based on lies, then set up the groundwork for worldwide warfare with drone strikes and bombings and such.

Obama had troops running around Africa and the ME blowing up America's "enemies" (non-Americans). He also drone struck people and murdered children knowing they were children.

Trump...do I need to say what he did? AND he might even run again against Biden (or possibly Kamala)

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

...syria :bebe:

Yep. He literally armed terrorists in Syria. The news called them "moderates" but they were not.

giphy.gif