Sign in to follow this  
EXODUS

daine (Charli XCX protégée)

daine drops “IDC” as second single from primicia project - Peace Music and  Love

daine is a 18 years old, Filipino-Australian singer whose 2020 breakout "Picking Flowers" threaded the needle between digicore and Midwest emo.

Her music style branches from emo-pop to alternative pop to hyper-pop.

She mentioned  this about Charli XCX being her mentor:

“I think she’s a ******* genius. She’s taught me so much about work ethic, and she’s really helped me out, so I’ll take it. We met through a mutual friend at Laneway Festival in 2019, then we played mini golf in Sydney together. People think they’ve figured her out, but she’s always one step ahead. Her approach to everything is so smart – I really want to follow in her footsteps.”

As stated in FADER:

"Quantum Jumping is due on March 18 and is described in a statement as both "a chronological timeline of the very first songs she wrote at the age of 16" and "tombstone to her adolescence." "New Ground" was written with Into It. Over It. and is more upbeat than some of the moodier sounds we have heard from daine in the past. Check it out below."

Newest single:

Past singles:

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

daine_artwork.jpg

"Quantum Jumping"
Debut Mixtape

April 28th, 2022

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

30 minutes ago, Voignamir said:

ohh i remember her from charli's playlist, i really enjoyed ascension, will check her stuff later :)

Ooh, Ascension is the one that made me a fan!

Truly recommend:

Angel Numbers

https://open.spotify.com/track/4r6TS1gNXxga38z2Nq5qYn?si=63acf56953cb45a1

IDC

https://open.spotify.com/track/5OwLlkNv9SisPU2ERTks0t?si=a6fc1c74c1b74d27

Dainecore
https://open.spotify.com/track/48OqrwoQZCzqA1jIaduoEC?si=8546c68b3f3944f3

Don't miss out @the ocean you have immaculate music taste.

2 hours ago, Sucker said:

charger is THE serve, and the fact that charli did the remix made it even better

1 hour ago, venicebitch said:

isn't that ELIO?

Yup that's ELIO, not daine. 

1 hour ago, annedauphine said:

dainecore is not only a really good song, it also is an amazing song name it blows my mind

I know right? I love how hard it goes and how angsty the lyrics are. 

I heard several songs of her and i got bored, generic sound that brings absolutely nothing new.

innerspeaker.jpg

life is beautiful, it really is, without it you'd be dead.

18 hours ago, heatwaves said:

her new mixtape is a full fucking serve, i'm obsessed :party:

here's a live performance 

Her debut mixtape had many great songs and a few fillers, but this time is all killer no filler. 

I'm super impressed. 

She found her sound!