Sign in to follow this  
Lxlita

Lana's "Mystery Illness" in 2014

Just now, avenue said:

in all seriousness though this is an invasion of lana’s privacy 

it’s none of our business unless she wants to make it our business (and she doesn’t) :true:

This logic is so weird. I'm assuming you don't listen to any leaked songs considering they're "an invasion of lana's privacy"?

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

I understand the concern regarding her privacy, but she said all we need to know in an interview, it's not secret information. That said, it's not unusual for musicians, especially those with newfound fame and on the road for so long to get depressed, so no need to speculate further on it imo.

2020 might have been the turning point to start talking about mental health issues without shame or saying it’s a « physical illness ». I’ve read into that 2014(?) interview that she could be suffering from anxiety / panic attacks that do manifest physically. But given that it was/ still is taboo to talk about those important issues publicly, it could have been written as a « physical illness ». Of course it’s not my business to « diagnose » anyone with health issues or anything else, but that’s my interpretation of the whole thing. 

Pretty sure she was never sick, she just didn't want to go through with certain engagements, like her David Letterman appearance and her private Virgin Radio concert in Paris (which she cancelled twice :creep:).

19 hours ago, eyelovelefteye said:

This logic is so weird. I'm assuming you don't listen to any leaked songs considering they're "an invasion of lana's privacy"?

i mean leaked songs are different. this is dealing with her health and body issues which are incredibly personal, even more than her music. while i could see why you’d make this an argument, they just aren’t on the same level of privacy 

giphy.gif

22 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

i doubt it ever existed

ahe probably just wanted to get out of interviews without being rude

its giving sky ferreira 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 hour ago, bigspender said:

i mean leaked songs are different. this is dealing with her health and body issues which are incredibly personal, even more than her music. while i could see why you’d make this an argument, they just aren’t on the same level of privacy 

Pouring your blood, sweat, & tears into a song just to have it leaked is an extreme invasion of privacy that not only messes with you mentally it also fucks you financially. Look at how Madonna, Charli, Marina & GaGa have reacted to their leaks. Charli is literally traumatized from the XCXWORLD leaks...Marina called the cops when Living Dead leaked... being concerned about someone you care about & their health (after they mentioned an "unknown illness" publicly) is far less of an invasion of privacy than music that's been stolen/scammed & shared online (which Madonna calls "artistic r**e") especially when there's zero medical records involved, just speculation. So strange hearing anyone preach about someone's "privacy" when they're members of a website dedicated to said person + their life-past, present, & future.

tumblr_m9qygi5S6s1rdc44xo1_500.gif

1 hour ago, eyelovelefteye said:

Pouring your blood, sweat, & tears into a song just to have it leaked is an extreme invasion of privacy that not only messes with you mentally it also fucks you financially. Look at how Madonna, Charli, Marina & GaGa have reacted to their leaks. Charli is literally traumatized from the XCXWORLD leaks...Marina called the cops when Living Dead leaked... being concerned about someone you care about & their health (after they mentioned an "unknown illness" publicly) is far less of an invasion of privacy than music that's been stolen/scammed & shared online (which Madonna calls "artistic r**e") especially when there's zero medical records involved, just speculation. So strange hearing anyone preach about someone's "privacy" when they're members of a website dedicated to said person + their life-past, present, & future.

fair argument 

giphy.gif

i don’t understand how it’s an “invasion of privacy” to discuss this if she openly talked about it in an interview?

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓀𝑒𝑒𝓅 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓂𝒶𝓇𝒾𝓁𝓎𝓃 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝒿𝑜𝒶𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝒶𝓇𝒸

𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒹 𝒶𝓃𝑜𝓉𝒽𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝑜𝓂𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒶𝒻𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒹𝒶𝓇𝓀

𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝓎 𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓎 𝒾𝓈𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎

31 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i don’t understand how it’s an “invasion of privacy” to discuss this if she openly talked about it in an interview?

correct me if i’m wrong but she didn’t openly talk about it

if she did openly talk about it we would know what the “illness” was and clearly we don’t otherwise this thread wouldn’t exist

and to me at least it seems a bit invasive or at least rude to speculate/talk about someone’s medical history if the person hasn’t openly talked about it

this is just my stance though

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif