Guest BOOM-BOOM-LANA-BOOM-BOOM

Cassie

@CassieArmy is made up of about 20,000 fans, it's a fanbase tumblr

WHOA. I have underestimated Cassie stans for too long.

This is getting all the recognition it deserves, mostly because not many people would do this for Cassie but it seems like a really necessary thing.

Taking notes on how to get fave recognition. (LOL all my faves hate their unreleased material. Maybe I should make a Lanalysis tumblr :creep: If highinthemind is somehow legit and Lana's actually visited my thread, she probably hates the living shit out of me and I just can't stand the thought of that. I'm in 2deep. Here I go, talking about Lana in a totally inappropriate topic. This is what it's like to know me IRL.)

Anywhey, CASSIE: I like Dope 'n Diamonds, a lot. I've played it the most. I suppose I haven't paid enough attention, though, because I'm wondering if that's actually a Cassie lyric and what are the odds her and Lana share that?

(You should get a Cassie set in the spirit of all this success with this blog, your setlessness is unnerving me.)

Guest Maru the Cat

Anywhey, CASSIE: I like Dope 'n Diamonds, a lot. I've played it the most. I suppose I haven't paid enough attention, though, because I'm wondering if that's actually a Cassie lyric and what are the odds her and Lana share that?

(You should get a Cassie set in the spirit of all this success with this blog, your setlessness is unnerving me.)

OMG someone is actually talking Cassie with me!!! :crying: Please don't abandon this thread :crying:

It's not actually a Cassie lyric... I wanted to go with a trio of Lana-inspired albums, so I had "dope 'n diamonds" from Diet Mtn Dew and "velvet night" from This is What Makes Us Girls, and for the last mixtape, there didn't seem to be any Lana-phrasings that fit the album. So, the mediocre mixtape got the mediocre name "Supermodel". :pft:

From what I've gathered on other forums, most newer fans/listeners like Dope 'n Diamonds the best, whereas the hardcore stans like Velvet Night the best. You definitely fit the trend. :3

Which tracks are your favourite? Thirsty is my absolute favourite on there, but there are so many good tracks, it's hard for me to choose. 2 the Morning is great too. And Can You Feel Me. And I Need Love. And Activate, Gimme That, King of Hearts, Stamina, Turn the Lights Off... :defeated:

Which songs do you not like so much? I'm interested to see if we similar tastes in terms of the songs on this mixtape.

(Good idea! I'm off to tumblr to find a gif!)

OMG someone is actually talking Cassie with me!!! :crying: Please don't abandon this thread :crying:

It's not actually a Cassie lyric... I wanted to go with a trio of Lana-inspired albums, so I had "dope 'n diamonds" from Diet Mtn Dew and "velvet night" from This is What Makes Us Girls, and for the last mixtape, there didn't seem to be any Lana-phrasings that fit the album. So, the mediocre mixtape got the mediocre name "Supermodel". :pft:

From what I've gathered on other forums, most newer fans/listeners like Dope 'n Diamonds the best, whereas the hardcore stans like Velvet Night the best. You definitely fit the trend. :3

Which tracks are your favourite? Thirsty is my absolute favourite on there, but there are so many good tracks, it's hard for me to choose. 2 the Morning is great too. And Can You Feel Me. And I Need Love. And Activate, Gimme That, King of Hearts, Stamina, Turn the Lights Off... :defeated:

Which songs do you not like so much? I'm interested to see if we similar tastes in terms of the songs on this mixtape.

(Good idea! I'm off to tumblr to find a gif!)

Can't keep the queen off your mind :hottie:

I can see how Velvet Night is the most, like, advanced. It's just not quite my style. However, I'm not that discriminating when it comes to music genres (unless Cassie surprises me with some country :eek: ) so I can see myself getting into it. I've listened to Supermodel least :creep:

If I had a top 3, I'd say "Stamina", "Activate", and "King of Hearts", although I think that ones probably just a solid introductory track to her unreleased material. Something about "Stamina", in particular. Honorable mention to "IV" (which you didn't mention at all, so you probably don't like it, but that beat) and "2 the Morning". I suppose I owe "Thirsty" another attentive listen if it comes so highly recommended.

What I don't like as much, hmm...I don't know, something in me kinda hates to love or hates to love "The Boys" because I don't understand why it's all over the place but it's a really addictive bop. Not terribly big on "HD", "I'm a Lover", or "Fuck U Silly".

Guest Maru the Cat

If I had a top 3, I'd say "Stamina", "Activate", and "King of Hearts", although I think that ones probably just a solid introductory track to her unreleased material. Something about "Stamina", in particular. Honorable mention to "IV" (which you didn't mention at all, so you probably don't like it, but that beat) and "2 the Morning". I suppose I owe "Thirsty" another attentive listen if it comes so highly recommended.

Stamina is apparently the Cassie song, not even according to Cassie stans, but just regular listeners. I just... I don't know. I love the song, but it just doesn't do it for me. It's like... dare I say.... the Yayo of Cassie's discography. :creep:

IV is great too, I can't believe I forgot to mention it! :facepalm: I'm 99% sure it'll be included in her "upcoming" (because who are we kidding here?) mixtape or album. The song is a rip from this video, a shoot for Clam magazine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IN_QgrLxPM

I wish Lana got to do cool photoshoots, instead she's stuck looking demure (or posing in awkward nude photos) and being told to look sad by photographers. :\

I suppose I owe "Thirsty" another attentive listen if it comes so highly recommended.

You should! The Guardian does a really good job of explaining why I love the song:

Thirsty, though, is a great example of how Cassie turns her weaknesses into strengths. Taking her signature fragility to an extreme, she essays a performance which is even more dream-like than usual. The pay-off is a brilliantly paced middle eight on which, having tantalised her suitor with the promise of being "fully submersed", Cassie turns and flicks him away: "I think about it, I doubt it, should make you live without it and keep you dying of thirst – I'm just playing with you!"

(Also, the guy that wrote that article is a massive douche. I found him talking shit about me and my mixtapes behind my back. :\)

I don't like as much, hmm...I don't know, something in me kinda hates to love or hates to love "The Boys" because I don't understand why it's all over the place but it's a really addictive bop. Not terribly big on "HD", "I'm a Lover", or "Fuck U Silly".

I also am not the biggest fan of all these songs, although I do admit that I prefer "Fuck U Silly" to "The Boys". I think it's safe to say that our tastes are kinda similar with this mixtape :creep:

Speaking of, I promised Baby V Alex I would find the original Cassie-only demos for him, and I'm gonna quote him below anyway so: DEMO 1 + DEMO 2 :grin:

Also, the reason why it's "all over the place" is because it was produced by John Baptiste, who also produced Chris Brown's

... so I think that just may be his thing, that odd, big sound?

Gurl, I have been pussy popping to Cassie and everything it's your fault!!!!!

Flawless idea tbh, it's something really sweet from you and now I can say I'm a fan.

Yay! :3 Do you have any favourite songs? (And be sure to scroll up to see the Money on Love demos) :3

Stamina is apparently the Cassie song, not even according to Cassie stans, but just regular listeners. I just... I don't know. I love the song, but it just doesn't do it for me. It's like... dare I say.... the Yayo of Cassie's discography. :creep:

IV is great too, I can't believe I forgot to mention it! :facepalm: I'm 99% sure it'll be included in her "upcoming" (because who are we kidding here?) mixtape or album. The song is a rip from this video, a shoot for Clam magazine:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IN_QgrLxPM

I wish Lana got to do cool photoshoots, instead she's stuck looking demure (or posing in awkward nude photos) and being told to look sad by photographers. :\

You should! The Guardian does a really good job of explaining why I love the song:

(Also, the guy that wrote that article is a massive douche. I found him talking shit about me and my mixtapes behind my back. :\)

I also am not the biggest fan of all these songs, although I do admit that I prefer "Fuck U Silly" to "The Boys". I think it's safe to say that our tastes are kinda similar with this mixtape :creep:

Speaking of, I promised Baby V Alex I would find the original Cassie-only demos for him, and I'm gonna quote him below anyway so: DEMO 1 + DEMO 2 :grin:

Also, the reason why it's "all over the place" is because it was produced by John Baptiste, who also produced Chris Brown's

... so I think that just may be his thing, that odd, big sound?

Yayo doesn't do it for you? :eek: Looks like my taste has been pretty predictable, I suppose I'm not much of a boat rocker in my musical preferences.

Speaking of her official releases, is this critical acclaim from her one album or from the impressive unreleased stuff? Should I hear her album?

Let me say with 100% for-sure-ziness: Cassie's modeling >>> Lana's modeling. I think I'd still rather procreate with Lana, though. But dammit is Cassie beautiful and dammit is she a good model. I wanna see Lana in an interesting photoshoot idea...maybe somewhere along the way. The Ride and National Anthem videos were pretty and interesting enough, I suppose. (I love the Born to Die and Blue Jeans videos but they are kind of just like two huge sad photo shoots.) (Lol why is there this instinct to compare these two.)

Aw, how'd you find that out? I don't even know what there is to criticize. "Queen of pop" is pretty stanny, I guess, but your blog is very eloquent and helpful and clever in its trilogy idea and FUCK maybe Cassie is tha queen.

UGH PEOPLE TALKING ON THOSE DEMOS. I was in heaven without Minaj until people talked over the singing.

Does Cassie write any of her own stuff? (Not a prelude to "oh she's not an artist", I'm genuinely curious :P)

I love Fuck U Silly. It's been stuck my head for days. I haven't given the mixtapes my complete and utter attention yet, but I shall soon and I wanna discuss them with you! I love how hard you stan for Cassie tbh, reminds me of myself with Aural Vampire... too bad I don't have anyone to stan for them with.

:defeated:

14417469274.gif

HOLY SHIT THERE'S A CASSIE FAN ON HERE AND ONE PERSON I DIDN'T HAVE TO BEG TO LISTEN TO HER MUSIC  :defeated:  :defeated:  :defeated: 

I love RockaByeBaby, such a strong and cohesive mixtape, Paradise is so good  :creep:

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

really like Cassie. I'm a fan! I need more of her discography but I love her Supermodel mixtape (especially I Never Knew) and the Velvet Night mixtape is really chill. My favourite song at the moment is I'm A Lover, it's perfect  :flutter:

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

really like Cassie. I'm a fan! I need more of her discography but I love her Supermodel mixtape (especially I Never Knew) and the Velvet Night mixtape is really chill. My favourite song at the moment is I'm A Lover, it's perfect  :flutter:

:flutter: :flutter: :flutter:

Have you listened to her new (well, released this year) mixtape? It's freeeeee and it's fabulous. :makeup:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

I've heard a few of the songs on there but I never got round to downloading it so thanks for the link!

You're welcome!

I guess I know all too well what @@maru meant when she mentioned begging people to listen to Cassie's music. :defeated:

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png