Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Why are people not liking "You"? it's so good. If it ends up an outtake from MATD4 i'm killing myself. It sounds like it could be a radio song and that's good for Marina, but I hope it doesn't get like Closer by the chainsmokers. ew

Why are people not liking "You"? it's so good. If it ends up an outtake from MATD4 i'm killing myself. It sounds like it could be a radio song and that's good for Marina, but I hope it doesn't get like Closer by the chainsmokers. ew

it's not that we're not liking it, but it doesn't sound like a 'marina' song, it's very generic sounding from what we've heard

Ugh, I miss this thread so much. 

Anyways, I'm lowkey excited for You snippet, although the song is from that scrapped album, so we won't get it :(

INHA instrumental is amazing too 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Ugh, I miss this thread so much. 

Anyways, I'm lowkey excited for You snippet, although the song is from that scrapped album, so we won't get it :(

INHA instrumental is amazing too 

there is still a chance we could get it, it was made/recorded in 2017 so who knows

xMcVPI7.jpg

there is still a chance we could get it, it was made/recorded in 2017 so who knows

That scrapped album was made on 2016 too.

Idk, for a reason it was scrapped, lol.

She probably created these songs just for because of little inspiration and now seems to be into the "right mindset" for the album.

But like... I don't think it's impossible to get it leaked. Maybe 10 years from now but :creep:

Also It's ok to say that "You" and "There's nothing wrong with You", right?

She probably created these songs just for because of little inspiration and now seems to be into the "right mindset" for the album.

But like... I don't think it's impossible to get it leaked. Maybe 10 years from now but :creep:

Yeah, both titles are the same song

weird but serious question: 

can someone explain these lyrics to me pls because I'm confused.

Maybe there's another road for me
Oh, maybe I was wrong all along
Maybe I'm not who I was trying to be
Now that all my dreams are dead and gone

There's no rush anymore
Time's on my side
All my worries are gone
I'm enjoying the ride

it sounds as if she's accomplished everything she needs in life but how has she if all dreams are dead and gone?... maybe I'm just high/looking into it too much. :tsk:

There's no rush anymore

Time's on my side

All my worries are gone

I'm enjoying the ride

it sounds as if she's accomplished everything she needs in life but how has she if all dreams are dead and gone?... maybe I'm just high/looking into it too much. :tsk:

Maybe she did accomplish what she wanted but it didn’t quite give her the fulfillment she was looking for? She became a singer but maybe she realized the path she took wasn’t exactly what she wanted and now her original dreams are dead because reality turned out to be much different from what she was expecting. But she responds to this with a “fuck it” attitude when she sings

“Time’s on my side

All my worries are gone

I’m enjoying the ride”

There's no rush anymore

Time's on my side

All my worries are gone

I'm enjoying the ride

I think it means she's questioning her choices in becoming a singer/songwriter.

The second part might mean that she's treating her work less of a job and more of a hobby, since Electra's production and FROOT's production are totally different and one is more of what Marina made into her own.

Its why I like FROOT so much, its almost solid Marina.

xMcVPI7.jpg

They're not. They're produced/co-written by completely different people. TNWWY is the better song by the way. 

They're not. They're produced/co-written by completely different people. TNWWY is the better song by the way. 

LEAK SUPERHUMNA

ty omg i've been saying this forever and nobody believed me that they were two different songs. :)

xMcVPI7.jpg

There's no rush anymore

Time's on my side

All my worries are gone

I'm enjoying the ride

I think it's all about Marina and her struggles with anxiety and depression. 

In the first part, I think Marina is getting quite anxious and depressed about her career as maybe it was not what she hoped it would be (success-wise, or style-wise). She is trying to think of other routes she can take in life, and trying to plan her next move. As this part is quite fast paced, it's like she is rapidly thinking things through and getting quite anxious and worked up in the process.

In the second part, some time has passed and Marina is dealing with her anxiety much better. Rather than trying to plan everything out and worrying about her career, she is happy to let things unfold by themselves. There is no rush to get to the point she wants to be in her career/life, and has learned to relax into the journey! The slowness compared to the first part also is like Marina has slowed down, and she is not trying to rush through life or her thoughts anymore and making dramatic decisions.

GOD I LOVE THIS SONG  :defeated:

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Yeah, both titles are the same song

I love being illiterate because I really forgot to put "NOT the same song" on the post even thought that's what I meant but thanks sis hahahahahah

This is the second time ever you quote me I feel really important now

Thanks for the tea :creep: