Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

15 hours ago, AllForYou said:

marina said that froot originally had a different producer and she worked on the album with them for months before meeting david. this mystery producer was someone she worked with before, and was probably based in the uk (based on her social media). I think this is why she scrapped some of the more 'interesting' production which is a shame.

we need these files + get to know who this producer is 

:trisha3:

17 minutes ago, LunaeManifestum said:

we need these files + get to know who this producer is 

:trisha3:

I was talking about the ones that already leaked, blue's first demo had a date of january 2014 by the og file name and she didn't get into the studio with david until april 2014. though I'm sure there are more we don't have. desperate for the full froot demo, she was so mean for teasing that:crai:

1 hour ago, AllForYou said:

I was talking about the ones that already leaked, blue's first demo had a date of january 2014 by the og file name and she didn't get into the studio with david until april 2014. though I'm sure there are more we don't have. desperate for the full froot demo, she was so mean for teasing that:crai:

ooops lol but yeah i also love the demos we have for froot and we deseeerve the 10min+ version of Froot

On 1/12/2024 at 3:11 AM, Slowginfizz said:

Love and Fear makes me feel depressed, that whole era… nothing exciting or tasty about it, the music just fell on its face, she picked the worst songs on the album for the acoustic ep, the clean bandit shenanigans…(sort of unforgivable…) it felt like the death of the artist I had known and not in a good way. Idc if that’s sounds dramatic either I fell in love with Marina BECAUSE she was so weird and different, when she played the basic pop card with the L+F era it was soooo lame and disappointing for such a powerful artist. :smokes:

I'm probably the only person on Earth who actually enjoyed Love Fear era. It was fun for me, I don't care. It's mostly because it was such a terrible time in my personal life, so this album kind of...helped me get through this :emma:

url%5D

On 1/12/2024 at 9:22 PM, AllForYou said:

marina said that froot originally had a different producer and she worked on the album with them for months before meeting david. this mystery producer was someone she worked with before, and was probably based in the uk (based on her social media). I think this is why she scrapped some of the more 'interesting' production which is a shame.

I don't think she had a different producer, is this confirmed anywhere? But I certainly remember that she tried following electronic path, so if anything she could've returned to Kurstin who was her safest bet when preparing Die Life.

BTW What amazes me is that while it is canon in the fanbase to hate Love + Fear, for some reason everyone likes different songs from it, so it's not technically objective to hate on the record tbf and it just proves that the problem with the album is a lack of sound consistency.

original.gif

52 minutes ago, vrtvie said:

I don't think she had a different producer, is this confirmed anywhere? But I certainly remember that she tried following electronic path, so if anything she could've returned to Kurstin who was her safest bet when preparing Die Life.

from this interview https://www.vice.com/en/article/rq48qw/froot-marina-and-the-diamonds-interview

How was working David Kosten? He has produced some incredible records—Bat for Lashes in particular. Was he the first choice?
He wasn’t. I actually worked for months with someone who I had worked with before and it wasn’t right. It was the realization that I wanted to make a live sounding record with real drummer, real guitarist that I could talk to and form a relationship with, which I hadn’t really had before. When you get into the pop world, a lot of it’s synthetic. Or the musicians come and you just don’t know them. Whereas with this, David had a fantastic network of people, so I was able to get Jason who drums for The Cure. And he produced Everything Everything and they played with me. It was a very different process. I wanted to be produced as a band, I made that clear from the start. I was like, how is PJ Harvey or Patti Smith produced? I was trying to find these females who were songwriters in their own right but didn’t necessarily sound ballad-laden.

Thanks! So indeed it was someone she had worked with previously. I can't give reactions to posts for some reason lol so forgive me my unnecessary post ig

original.gif

On 1/11/2024 at 12:01 AM, 5adboy said:

Oh God. FROOT is literally the only album that aged like fine whine........ Blue, Forget, I'm a Ruin, Better than That, Immortal, Savages, and all the other tracks are gag worthy. Such a cohesive and immaculate body of work. TFJ has some cute bops, both Electra Heart and L+F sound outdated af, and let's not even talk about about ADIAML... (Venus Fly Trap is still that bitch)

thank you, i was gonna comment the same thing. 

Ironically i was thinking the other day which of her albums will stand the test of time 20 years from now. I think FROOT will do so the most, EH not as much; but the nostalgia will blanket over the dated production and writing of the time. 

On 1/13/2024 at 3:32 PM, vrtvie said:

BTW What amazes me is that while it is canon in the fanbase to hate Love + Fear, for some reason everyone likes different songs from it, so it's not technically objective to hate on the record tbf and it just proves that the problem with the album is a lack of sound consistency.

Yeah as time passes, this seems to be the general consensus: bad album lacking cohesion, good songs scattered throught. Last year I commneted how after giving LF a refreshed listen, the record is actually not bad, it just had the wrong producer and subgenre for it. The "late 2010s tropical edm-pop" production is not coherrent to the lyricism and concept that she was trying to push (the psychological spin on the album shouldve stayed in the drafts). This is further proven by many fans prefering the demos over the released songs. 

10 hours ago, soccermom4life said:

looking  for Scab & Plaster (HQ OG Files) Prefer for demo 3 & 4. Unless the real final leaked. I tried looking on dbree and earlier in the forum but only found upscales

Demo 4 is the "Final" or at least some sources call it demo 4 some call it final. And i don't think we have OG files for them, the max quality I've seen is like 324kbps mp3

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

Idk, why but I used to be a huge and obssessed fan of hers for years and years but like in 2022 I just lost interest, or like...I really want to be excited for her new album and I just can't. I feel like I've outgrown her music today but my heart will always be close to TFJ, Electra Heart and Froot. And kinda L+F, too since it played kinda a huge role in my life...

I do have to confess now, perhaps with an embarrassed feeling, that L+F might have a bigger meaning to me than her other albums. I think I could write a whole thesis and analysis about this album but yeah...I'm kinda embarrassed to do that and I'm also kinda stuck in her first three eras :crying5:

url%5D

Just now, Embach said:

Idk, why but I used to be a huge and obssessed fan of hers for years and years but like in 2022 I just lost interest, or like...I really want to be excited for her new album and I just can't. I feel like I've outgrown her music today but my heart will always be close to TFJ, Electra Heart and Froot. And kinda L+F, too since it played kinda a huge role in my life...

I feel the exact same, I became a fan during EH and went to see her live on the L+F tour (she was lovely!!) but I’m not that excited as I used to be in the past for this new era, after L+F it felt to me like she became more distant and it’s just not the same vibes anymore… nonetheless I’m still curious to see what she does next!!

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

6th album timeline:

https://marinaandthediamonds.fandom.com/wiki/Sixth_Studio_Album/Timeline

Possible lyrics we know so far - she's also known for teasing lyrics under her Instagram post captions:

*Posted on December 18th - caption under an Instagram post* 

"Becoming a buttefly is not what I thot"

*Posted on January 9th - caption under an Instagram post*

"You've been feeding off my goodness"

*Posted on January 14th - photo from an Instagram post*

(A verse before the pre-chorus)

Come meet the demons

Living in my head

Come meet the angels

Living in my bed

(Pre-chorus or chorus?)

My skin it sparkles