Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Omg can you come up with something else??????????

????????????????

Also Savages is kinda boring. Like lyrically it says nothing new. Humans are savages. Omg who would’ve thought????

Like it’s really fake deep, it looks like it’s trying to say something important but it’s very shallow

the irony.

????????????????

Also Savages is kinda boring. Like lyrically it says nothing new. Humans are savages. Omg who would’ve thought????

Like it’s really fake deep, it looks like it’s trying to say something important but it’s very shallow

Not surprised this coming by an Electra Heart stan. :(

Marina sweetie I'm so sorry

stream marina's lead single when it's out :hooker:

hi lukas

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

????????????????

This is pretty much my issue with it. She's reiterating what I'm sure EVERYONE is aware of; that humans are just shitty. She could've pushed the box more and done something different, but it comes across as very tumblr-lite.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Not surprised this coming by an Electra Heart stan. :(

Marina sweetie I'm so sorry

I mean what does it say that it’s so subverting?? Literally nothing...

Let’s compare 2 songs that deal with humanity being evil lyrically

Are they the same????? Is one better lyrically than the other??? Maybe Savages is a little shallow?? Mmm

Like it literally doesn’t say anything more than “humans are evil”...

The song itself has some cute parts like the bridge but I think the production itself doesn't help. It really sound... demo-ish.

I like the "Hidden behind Shirts, Ties & Marriages" and "I'm not afraid of God, I'm afraid of man" as well.

The song it's not about exposing the humanity, it's about vend of the bad things the humanity has done.

Yes, Humanity sucks, it's not news. I bet Marina knew it before Savages was made. Let the girl express her opinion in HER WAY, and if you don't like it, then just delete the song off your iTunes Library

I mean what does it say that it’s so subverting?? Literally nothing...

Let’s compare 2 songs that deal with humanity being evil lyrically

Are they the same????? Is one better lyrically than the other??? Maybe Savages is a little shallow?? Mmm

Like it literally doesn’t say anything more than “humans are evil”...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxaTAFXgykU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y8q3gUdDZI

Marina and Regina are literally different artists with different genre, different minds, different style, etc. I don't find the point on comparing two songs about two artists that are very different. Just say that you prefer the way Regina express her opinion and go off

Electra Heart is the epitome of EDM-Dubstep-Electro-Pop-2012.

It's a bible with the finest productions of what became the most satured trend of this decade. Yet, it does sound fresh because it was done THE RIGHT WAY.

It's the album the kids could look in 2030 to understand what was happening with the world.

All this with a tumblr-esque package.

Ikr? remember when she exposed us

This post was a Joke b4 yall call me ironic

Electra Heart is the epitome of EDM-Dubstep-Electro-Pop-2012.

It's a bible with the finest productions of what became the most satured trend of this decade. Yet, it does sound fresh because it was done THE RIGHT WAY.

It's the album the kids could look in 2030 to understand what was happening with the world.

All this with a tumblr-esque package.

okay its my favorite album of hers and iconic but you lost me at "fresh".....

The song it's not about exposing the humanity, it's about vend of the bad things the humanity has done.

Yes, Humanity sucks, it's not news. I bet Marina knew it before Savages was made. Let the girl express her opinion in HER WAY, and if you don't like it, then just delete the song off your iTunes Library

Marina and Regina are literally different artists with different genre, different minds, different style, etc. I don't find the point on comparing two songs about two artists that are very different. Just say that you prefer the way Regina express her opinion and go off

I mean I did not say I didn't like it? I just said that it's not deep. Like the THOUGHTS expressed in the song and THE WAY they are expressed are not very articulate.

The chorus is literally "underneath it all we're just savages". 

Even though the CONTENT of the song may be "deep", the way the message was SENT ACROSS is shallow because it doesn't add nothing new to the discussion around humanity being savage. She doesn't use particularly interesting metaphors and the song is very standard. 

You are confusing the content of the song with how the content itself was conveyed.

There's nothing new, interesting, smart, brilliant, never-heard-before about Savages. it's a run-of-the-mill song on how humans are evil and savages. Like it just repeats a sentence.

It's not about liking Regina more, it's about showing you that you can express the same (well, more or less) content in a lot of ways.

Froot is a brilliant song because it talks about a common topic (love) subverting completely the rules and expressing her feelings through the seasons changing and shifting. which is brilliant.

Savages is boring because it talks about a common topic with 0 originality. it's boring.

edit: im not even hating on savages i like the damn song it's just that i recognise that it's not marina's best work and she's done so much better and can do so much better????

I really struggled for several years to get into Electra Heart - since it has some of (imho) Marina's best (Bubblegum Bitch, Teen Idle, Sex Yeah, Valley of the Dolls) and some of her worst (Primadonna, Heartbreaker...) songs on it which makes the album as a whole a bit of a rollercoaster experience for me (and not in a good way). But nowadays I enjoy the album, I just skip the 3 songs I hate and the rest is (more or less) great. (And, yes, my favourite album of hers remains TFJ. But I couldn't stand it at first too :) )

I like Savages as well btw. Yeah, the lyrics might be somewhat shallow but I don't really care.

EH is her best album. It’s lyrics aren’t quite as good as Froot and TFJ, and it’s production is on par w/ Froot imo, but the character aspect and the fact that it is not only a concept album, but an extremely well executed concept album sets it apart from her other records. Plus it has my two fav Marina tracks ever.

savages is bad (most of Froot is)

EW, Savages is her best song lyrically

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

okay its my favorite album of hers and iconic but you lost me at "fresh".....

Maybe Fresh isn't the right word at all, but it's still a shooking good album that sound different.

Friend of mine never really got into Marina and decided to give her another try. He listened to Froot and kinda enjoyed and then we went for electra heart and by the time Bubblegum Bitch began he was like "This is just 100x times better than I remembered honestly"

and it repeated for Homewrecker & Lies, he called starring role a filler so we had a fight.

He also praised the songwritting around teen idle and the idle\idol play and honestly Marina is really a master on songwritting. This is something I feel that EH\TFJ may work better as "pop records" than Froot.

They are all made with innuendos, with double ideas. This is Pop at it's heart.

Froot have really beautiful lyrics, but everything feels "on the nose". Way too direct?

It's like a diary entry. Her thoughts and all. But EH\TJF is like telling the truth about the deepest scars while joking about it and then crying.

I just love it.