Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

About to have my first listen  :defeated:

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I like it but can't help but feeling it would be better as a stripped back piano ballad.

Ugh cannot wait for the album/tour.

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

I don't know why she would try to make something radio-friendly, when we all know that this ain't gonna play on the radio

I like it, not on par w HH but it’s not bad

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You

Tbh I prefer Superstar lyrically because I feel like there is some sort of depth to the lyrics rather than just repeating "bluebirds forever" 100 times BUT Handmade Heaven is far superior production/sound wise

FzytWEW.png

I was thinking... she wasn't joking when she said we would think we know the general sound of the album just by listening to HH, but we're gonna be wrong. She said the album was gonna be nothing like HH. Now I get it, Superstar is so different, the beat is very different.

ddbf9f67d5d606fd309eba5825b44324b0a60919

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

I was thinking... she wasn't joking when she said we would think we know the general sound of the album just by listening to HH, but we're gonna be wrong. She said the album was gonna be nothing like HH. Now I get it, Superstar is so different, the beat is very different.

They're very alike.

The only outstanding track is "Baby" so far.

We also know the sound of 'You' and 'Emotional Machine' which gives the same vibe as HH and SS.

Even Orange Trees has this odd vibe like HH, it's hard for me to explain.

But I really hope the rest of the tracks are different.

So far, the general sound of the album is really mediocre at best.

giphy.gif

Superstar is a cute track, but that’s about it. When I read the lyrics before hearing the song, I thought the lyrics read like something Ariana Grande (or any generic popstar) would sing. :rip:

I love Marina to death, but I really hope other songs on the album have a little more depth than this. We all fell in love with her because of her songs that hit so deep and are complex and relatable. I get she’s in a better mental and emotional place than she was in TFJ and EH, but that doesn’t mean the writing has to become bland, girl.

giphy-1.gif 

Superstar is a cute track, but that’s about it. When I read the lyrics before hearing the song, I thought the lyrics read like something Ariana Grande (or any generic popstar) would sing. :rip:

I love Marina to death, but I really hope other songs on the album have a little more depth than this. We all fell in love with her because of her songs that hit so deep and are complex and relatable. I get she’s in a better mental and emotional place than she was in TFJ and EH, but that doesn’t mean the writing has to become bland, girl.

T

H

S

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup: