Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

you're free to like what you like, but don't you insult us people with ears

facts are facts. i can't apologise if your taste is awful - that's very much a you problem.

:flutter:

Superstar is by far the most basic song I've heard from Marina  :rip:

You haven't heard 'You' then.

I liked Marina because she was different not because she sounded like the other pop girls. If she starts watering stuff down and coming out with ‘Modern pop” she’s gonna lose half her fans. Let’s face it the warning signs have been there, the name change the basic album name.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

It’s sad that people can’t accept or admire progression. If you had any clue about music whatsoever you’d know she isn’t going “mainstream” or watering things down, Superstar isn’t “made for radio”, her lyrics aren’t basic, I’m sorry that she’s not dressing up like a 1950s doll and pretending she’s a suicidal teenager anymore and some of you can’t accept it but she’s a grown ass woman and she’s acting like one. It’s inspiring.

giphy.gif

i just feel like M4 has literally added 0 to marina's career

tfj had the lyrics and the melodies, eh had the production and the visuals (and melodies too tbh), froot had visuals and lyrics (too many yeah-s but like... froot,,,,,) what does this have?? 

are these lyrics better than her previous works? no

are these visuals better than her previous visuals? no

is the production better? miss overproduced bubblegum trash EH begs to differ

are the melodies better? i mean superstar is basically jumping octaves in falsetto...

i just don't feel like, as of now, she has done anything interesting with respect to what she did before. if a new artist came out with hh and ss (this is literally nazi propaganda but go off i guess) i'd go "cool", but marina has already done it. i don't know. the tea is stale. lemme bop to mowgli's road 

i just feel like M4 has literally added 0 to marina's career

tfj had the lyrics and the melodies, eh had the production and the visuals (and melodies too tbh), froot had visuals and lyrics (too many yeah-s but like... froot,,,,,) what does this have?? 

are these lyrics better than her previous works? no

are these visuals better than her previous visuals? no

is the production better? miss overproduced bubblegum trash EH begs to differ

are the melodies better? i mean superstar is basically jumping octaves in falsetto...

i just don't feel like, as of now, she has done anything interesting with respect to what she did before. if a new artist came out with hh and ss (this is literally nazi propaganda but go off i guess) i'd go "cool", but marina has already done it. i don't know. the tea is stale. lemme bop to mowgli's road 

what do you mean by this?

already her worst album  :rip:  lacks the quirkiness of TFJ, the aesthetic/lyrical irony of EH and the personal-ness of FROOT... I can only hope FEAR makes up for the so far dire LOVE 

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

Guys lets wait for the album we just have 2 songs by now, I also dont like ss that much i think HH is superior and gives me good vibes about this album sonority

3 including Baby, and 4 if you include Emotional Machine (which is the best track so far and even that is... average)

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

3 including Baby, and 4 if you include Emotional Machine (which is the best track so far and even that is... average)

yeah I forgot about Baby (kind of a bop) and EM (I love it) do u guys think she's going to upgrade the instrumental for the album?

Superstar > Handmade Heaven > Baby > Emotional Machine

Superstar feels like a wonderful balance between a nice pop song & something personal! Handmade Heaven definitely sets the point for the rest of the album! Diverse in production & simple & sweet with the lyrics. You don’t need Complex lyrics or have super deep ones to have it be good! Sometimes simple is the best. Plus, from what I’ve heard she sounds more mature than she has previously on past records! It feels more like a progression in her life that’s she is sharing with us! Emotional Machine feels juvenile to me & reminds me of an EH outtake! It just makes me cringe sometimes, but the best part of it is the bridge! If y’all want quirky I feel like Orange Trees or No More Suckers might provide that for you.

tumblr_put6epa8mC1uz4347o9_500.gif

I liked Marina because she was different not because she sounded like the other pop girls. If she starts watering stuff down and coming out with ‘Modern pop” she’s gonna lose half her fans. Let’s face it the warning signs have been there, the name change the basic album name.

shes been pure pop since electra heart dude,I mean froot was a lil left of centre with the pop rock/new wave stuff but she's always been a pop star.

You know what? I don't mind much if she goes for a more commercial sound or whatever. The fact is that every song she came out with this era is boring AF to me.

I think it's just Marina that has completely lost inspiration, it's not only the "generic pop" sound itself.

She's made it clear that we're getting new music because of the literal opposite of this. 2016-17 was when she didn't have much inspiration for music and why she pursued other things. Whatever you're disliking about any new material isn't coming from a lack of drive from her. 

I definitely sense something different about her music, but I'm still enjoying it as much as any other project. Maybe I'm just too much of a stan to have a different perspective

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

It’s sad that people can’t accept or admire progression. If you had any clue about music whatsoever you’d know she isn’t going “mainstream” or watering things down, Superstar isn’t “made for radio”, her lyrics aren’t basic, I’m sorry that she’s not dressing up like a 1950s doll and pretending she’s a suicidal teenager anymore and some of you can’t accept it but she’s a grown ass woman and she’s acting like one. It’s inspiring.

I don’t see this as progression honestly where are you getting that lol?!. Don’t think anyone said they wanted a suicidal 1950’s doll either. Can anyone have an opinion on this forum without getting attacked or told they don’t have any clue about music? Lots of people feel the same here boo.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance