Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I hate the idea of Luis Fonsi on Marina's album so I just replaced Baby with Disconnect and honestly... It suits amazing. Sonically AND lyrically, especially with Enjoy Your Life playing right after (I've been feeling anxious/I want to disconnect - Sit back and enjoy your problems/You don't always have to solve 'em). 10/10 would recommend

I deleted Baby too, the album is so much better without it.

#amy lee from Oreomilkshake

God's dead, I said, "Baby, that's alright with me"

This! how come Disconnect (which is a bop) flops and Baby (which is good but still generic) hits better than it

It sounds even better playing right after Superstar (similar production) so I don't know what to do with OoohOoohrange yet. I think she recorded Orange so Baby wouldn't stand out that much.

Baby is ok as a CB's single (still hate Despacito's part tho), but definitely not on her album!

lmao this isn't a bad idea. right now I just use the radio edit of baby (solo version). disconnect doesn't really fit the theme of love too well but sonically it works!Y

Yeah I was also thinking about this whole LOVE theme, but with EYL both sound like yin-yang tracks so it fits perfectly!!

It sounds even better playing right after Superstar (similar production) so I don't know what to do with OoohOoohrange yet. I think she recorded Orange so Baby wouldn't stand out that much.

Baby is ok as a CB's single (still hate Despacito's part tho), but definitely not on her album!

orange trees is miles better than baby - the production isn't so in your face and it feels more marina than GP pleaser when compared to Baby. I love orange trees so much omg idk how y'all don't like the oOoOOoOorange part

xMcVPI7.jpg

orange trees is miles better than baby - the production isn't so in your face and it feels more marina than GP pleaser when compared to Baby. I love orange trees so much omg idk how y'all don't like the oOoOOoOorange part

I actually love the OoOoOorange part (I was super excited about this song after she posted 1st snippet), it's the rest of the song that bothers me.  :( But it's not that bad overall, I just think it doesn't belong to this album sonically.

Enjoy Your Life is the best song on LOVE.

It's also one of Marina's best songs. I really adore it

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

TNWWY would've fit so perfectly in this album ugh... I wish she'd release it

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Did anyone go to the School of Life talk yesterday?? It was AMAZING!! It helped give the album some more context, and I love it even more now!! She is so unbelievably honest and down-to-earth. The psychologist interviewing her also said she has listened to the full album, and it was not 'mainstream' but it also wasn't 'non-mainstream'. 

I also met her afterwards and I hardly slept last night but idec it was worth it :defeated:

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png

Did anyone go to the School of Life talk yesterday?? It was AMAZING!! It helped give the album some more context, and I love it even more now!! She is so unbelievably honest and down-to-earth. The psychologist interviewing her also said she has listened to the full album, and it was not 'mainstream' but it also wasn't 'non-mainstream'. 

I also met her afterwards and I hardly slept last night but idec it was worth it :defeated:

do you have a video of it?

giphy.gif

do you have a video of it?

Noo I didn't record any of it :( I wouldn't be surprised if the School of Life uploads a video of it though, because there was a poster saying that recording may be happening (although I am not sure if they just do that at every event!)

giphy.gif ldrclashsmall3.png