Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

I keep trying to choose a favorite from the album but I literally cannot. I think that Superstar is my least favorite, but I still like it.  Enjoy Your Life has been on repeat the most, so I'm leaning towards that as a favorite.... but True slaps too... but so does End of the Earth... LOL

I’m so curious as to what FEAR is gonna sound like. There are like 3 weeks untill the album drop so she’s probably gonna release a single from FEAR before it. If she’s doing the thing where she drops it in order we’re getting “Believe in Love” soon. Maybe she won’t drop a FEAR song before the album release tho, idk.

qfrWuBl.png

I’m so curious as to what FEAR is gonna sound like. There are like 3 weeks untill the album drop so she’s probably gonna release a single from FEAR before it. If she’s doing the thing where she drops it in order we’re getting “Believe in Love” soon. Maybe she won’t drop a FEAR song before the album release tho, idk.

I'm thinking since we're getting a video tomorrow, this coming week is still for Love. If we do get a single, it'll be on the 19th, and I'm leaning towards it being Karma since it was a pre-sale code like Superstar was. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

I personally don’t get all the hype around EOTE*. It sounds like a rejected Dua Lipa track (not a bad thing, I love her) and seems so...heavily produced in contrast with the lyrics. It would’ve been cuter as a piano ballad.

*Every song I’ve said this about this year has grown on me over time, so we’ll see if this still rings true in like, a month

giphy-1.gif 

Handmade Heaven

To Be Human

True

Enjoy Your Life

We stan the best songs on LOVE

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

ok so

Love is saved just bc she names Verona... like literally

To Be Human, End Of The Earth and Enjoy Your Life are the best songs. None of them compares to the highlight of EH for me tho. They're still better than Superstar, Baby and Orange Trees. True is ugly. Handmade Heaven I can see liking it better in the future

overall she sings way too high and it gets kinda boring. Like your register is supposed to be used across all the notes? her vocals are quite repetitive for this, but maybe Fear is gonna bring us a wider variety of notes.

im happy she chose SS and OT as singles cos they're probably the worst songs and it's kinda better to know that the record is not like that?

the production doesn't feel cheap but it sure does feel like it goes nowhere. it's not nearly as cohesive as E•MO•TION (just to name a pop masterpiece). like how does baby work with End of the Earth? how does Orange Trees work with To Be Human? it looks like, to me, she just threw all the songs she had completed into the project, because I don't believe she singled out these songs bc she felt like they connected well. they don't

im kinda waiting for fear seeing how things turned out

people said all this same stuff about Electra, yet it's full of some solid ass tracks that emit Marina. These tracks all contain some sort of Marina, especially End of the Earth, To Be Human, and Handmade Heaven. It just sounds different, which should've been expected.

We are still missing half the whole album, so I wouldn't make any judgements yet.

but electra heart sounded like marina's project, it was cohesive and painted a picture overall, it was planned out

like obviously i know it'll sound different..? i'm not asking for another 'froot' or 'electra heart' moment, but from what she's done so far this isn't much when none of the songs sound like they are related other than being 'positive' i guess for the theme of this album, and sure electra heart had the same initial critiques but i immediately felt electra heart was using the mainstream pop in her own way, love is just regurgitated noises that almost every other song on radio plays and then overshadow her, nothing seems toyed with or experimented with which is fine but like not interesting or what i look forward to from marina.

she's also still singing about wordly problems and it sounds like froot pt. 2 sooo

therefore love is a scrap for me maybe the next album will be something interesting

insanity laughs under pressure -- we're cracking

I will say it.

End of The Earth isn't that good and I don't undestand the hype.

drag me

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

but electra heart sounded like marina's project, it was cohesive and painted a picture overall, it was planned out

First, Froot is way more sporadic in terms of themes. The only reason it became a nice package is because she last-minute came up with the theme of Froots. Second, I think people keep forgetting that three years ago she truly thought Froot was her last full length album. It's clear to me that from 2017 and on, she just made a ton of songs with her friends and ended up realizing that she could compile them into mini-albums. Personally, I like the simple idea of Love + Fear. I'm not saying that you have to love the songs or call this her most creative era, but I also don't get much of the criticism centered around this not being a cohesive piece of work.

This feels like the most authentic Marina album to me. She clearly wanted to prove something with her first three albums, but this just feels like she's enjoying making music again and not worrying about being a pop star. Sorry for always writing damn essays 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore