Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

Im glad she kept the more insightful songs to be released last cz this album has now got me shaken. The flow makes so much sense and omg the second half of The End of the World lorddtt  :wowcry:  :wowcry:  :wowcry:

Enjoy Your Life is the best one for me atm. True and End Of The Earth are pretty good too, I don't like To Be Human because I've always hated name dropping locations like that. Gotta admit that overall the new tracks are somewhat a positive surprise, Baby has no plausible reason for being on the album though.

Could anyone who has heard the demos give us info if any of the final versions are different from what they heard weeks/months ago?

Enjoy Your Life should’ve been the main single after Baby.

Is fun, the lyrics are lovely and it has potential for a radio hit.

people only had HH, Baby and Superstar from the LOVE side. People mostly had demos from the FEAR side - like 6/8 or something. If anyone had Orange Trees, Enjoy Your Life, True, To Be Human and End of the Earth before their release, they would of had the final versions.

Handmade Heaven was more piano based. Superstar had different beats and few different tweaks but very similar. Think HH sounded very different.

I didn't like it, as expected. My favorites were Superstar and End of the Earth.

It's dated on arrival.

What bothers me the most is her voice.

Yeah I hate that kind of outlook, like you would never say that to someone who is suffering from cancer or something. It's like they're living in fairy land.

I don’t really get the message of “enjoy the issues you have”, but rather accept the issues in your life to enjoy the positive aspects of it. And I get more of a general attitude from it. I don’t get it as a song specifically directed toward people with terminal illnesses. Also- although people with debilitating illnesses will suffer mentally/physically, they need to be provided with emotional support whether it’s laughter, or encouraging them to continue the everyday things they can, or simply telling them it’s OKAY to rest and not have a good day. That bit of positivity won’t cure any of us, but it helps when you’re trying to heal. It’s not saying to ignore the grim situation you’re in, rather what can you do to make it through tomorrow? What can you do to make it tolerable, and make what you have enjoyable, no matter how much time you have left? Btw this is what I get from EYL from Marina. For some reason it doesn’t bug me as much as BPBP by Lana does. Idk, Marina seems more socially aware and mature than Lana. Maybe that has something to do with it.

From my like two listens, I interpreted Enjoy Your Life as her having a partner or like friend who is depressed or down a lot of the time and her encouraging them to relax and enjoy their life. Kinda like a more positive Black beauty

Sadly, I really didn't like this album. I found the production extremely generic and dated and the melodies were incredibly boring. Also, I find her voice increasingly annoying. I wish she would sing more in her lower range. I'll give the album a few more listens and I guess I'm still looking forward to FEAR, but I can't help feeling that perhaps her music just isn't for me anymore, which is disappointing since I've loved just about everything she's released up to this point. :/ 

I AM MY ONLY GOD

I knew ‘Love’ would end up being bland as Handmade Heaven. Not really a fan unfortunately.

Hopefully ‘Fear’ will be interesting enough..

I hope it won’t end up being her Lust for Life cause it does seem like that - the songs feels really dated already and it’s annoying.

giphy.gif