Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

The title tracks til Froot were like the weakest for me, but then... FROOT is really my fav from the album. It's really strong.

Froot >>>>> The Family Jewels > Electra Heart 

funny cuz the order for albuns would just switch the > 

n

Was listening to "Like The Other Girls" (love this one so much even thought it's so rough) and got me thinking it could have been part of what the original project for the second album was before Electra Heart?

Just realized it really sound quite like the early Sex Yeah demo with the "Ohhhh" part after the breakdown since they probably didn't have lyrics yet.

Was listening to "Like The Other Girls" (love this one so much even thought it's so rough) and got me thinking it could have been part of what the original project for the second album was before Electra Heart?

Just realized it really sound quite like the early Sex Yeah demo with the "Ohhhh" part after the breakdown since they probably didn't have lyrics yet.

literally one of my faves, it's good

The Family Jewels > her MySpace EPs >>>>>> Electra Heart > Froot

What Is This HLL91UNm.jpg

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

FROOT is her best album and you can't deny it.

We Been Knew sis.

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Electra Heart is honestly just filler after filler. you gotta be in the mood to listen to EH and even then i usually just stop midway thru and listen to TFJ or Savages x10

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

The Family Jewels is her absolute best album and I been listening to her ass since 2008. Froot has a couple ok songs on it (Forget, Froot, Blue), but the rest is meh. Electra Heart has a lot of bops (Lonely Hearts Club, Sex Yeah, Teen Idle, Power & Control) but is just too pop-y to be Marina. TFJ was the best because it was a polished version of the music she had been releasing on MySpace for years. Y'all need to get with it.

TFJ rules always and FROOT is great and Electra Heart is just noise to me at this point 

yeah electra aged really fast, now that most fans are out of that "teenage depression phase" 

TFJ is her most interesting and consistent album.

Exactly. The album is just so thematically sound. The lyrics and production all follow a similar style without sounding repetitive and that's what makes it her best work. It has like no filler.

yeah electra aged really fast, now that most fans are out of that "teenage depression phase"

How dare you I'll always be 16 losing virginity and burning bibles

ZC6GB6Q.gif

but sadly yeah. I wonder if the next album will be something happier now that she seems to be studying stuff really...deeper than ever. It will be interesting