Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

An early release makes sense tbh. There are several people who have the full album already, and it has a chance of leaking, so why not just do an early release to avoid the mess, like, even all of the lyrics are out there already. It's not like it's gonna really affect anything, she's not one of those mainstream artists who have to stick to a certain release schedual to get those chart topping songs. But also I don't think there's gonna be an early release.

qfrWuBl.png

I would actually be flattered that my fans were that impatient for my music that they couldn’t wait to hear it. I’d be happy that they get to hear it, even if it was through a leak (which is a common thing within the music industry nowadays) and wouldn’t take it too seriously. Also did you know that like 90% of the money artists make in this day an age is through merchandise and tour ticket sales as with the internet, downloads, and streaming, barely anyone actually buys albums anymore (in digital or physical form)...

Some artists aren't performers and don't want their fans to pay hundreds of dollars on their merch, or a weak meet & greet package. Marina's is actually the cheapest compared to other artists and that's probably because she considers the cost of travel and her fan's personal time. Would you really be flattered after spending hours in the studio, expecting to share your hard work when it's perfected to your liking and have people steal your material for your upcoming project? What would be the point then in mastering a song since these rabid fans that you'd be flattered by in this hypothetical situation would be constantly taking your material, and sharing it with the public? What would be the point in sharing your art when it'll never be enough? A year becomes too long, a month became too long, now fucking two weeks is too long? And she's kind enough to share a double album, with one half released and it's not enough? That's borderline obsessive and selfish, don't you think? These artists aren't going to slave away to make new material, and it's creepy as hell to think this way. Sorry, but not sorry.

r we getting an early release lol

probably not. maybe we'll get a track friday? but it's not unusual for track lengths to be up with an album pre-order (usually they go up when the pre-order does).

I’m actually so scared that You is different to the snippet that leaked a while back. I’ve been dying to hear that songs for too long and as I said before someone who has the vinyl said it’s “so different”. Can anyone confirm or deny this as 100% fact? I just want the big YOU! shout part to stay the same (and the melody)...

I’m actually so scared that You is different to the snippet that leaked a while back. I’ve been dying to hear that songs for too long and as I said before someone who has the vinyl said it’s “so different”. Can anyone confirm or deny this as 100% fact? I just want the big YOU! shout part to stay the same (and the melody)...

from what i've heard its different. the Y E W  !  ! shouts aren't there anymore, its a vocoder (?)

xMcVPI7.jpg

It's really different. Almost totally different. "Doesn't sound the same anymore"

it has probably been changed since is a one year old snip. i just hope is not a overproduced song tho

from what i've heard its different. the Y E W  !  ! shouts aren't there anymore, its a vocoder (?)

It's really different. Almost totally different. "Doesn't sound the same anymore"

So if it didn't leak how did you guys hear it? Just wondering

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif

Ughhhhh I was so looking forward to this song. I'm praying it's still really good & hopefully one day the demo will leak so we can hear the original...

Some artists aren't performers and don't want their fans to pay hundreds of dollars on their merch, or a weak meet & greet package. Marina's is actually the cheapest compared to other artists and that's probably because she considers the cost of travel and her fan's personal time. Would you really be flattered after spending hours in the studio, expecting to share your hard work when it's perfected to your liking and have people steal your material for your upcoming project? What would be the point then in mastering a song since these rabid fans that you'd be flattered by in this hypothetical situation would be constantly taking your material, and sharing it with the public? What would be the point in sharing your art when it'll never be enough? A year becomes too long, a month became too long, now fucking two weeks is too long? And she's kind enough to share a double album, with one half released and it's not enough? That's borderline obsessive and selfish, don't you think? These artists aren't going to slave away to make new material, and it's creepy as hell to think this way. Sorry, but not sorry.

It's strange how leaking completed work is basically 'stealing' but isn't regarded as such. Because it's not produce, or something Tangible, it's overlooked.

Work does go into music but because music is so easily consumed, we undervalue it. And artists are supposed to be happy when they're work is freely distributed because society has always been shady towards artists lmao. Consuming art, to them, is doing the artist a favour. If you do art, you've heard the 'create my thing for free because it'll give you exposure!! I'll be doing you a favour!!'

idk if it’s already been discussed but does anyone know what song this could possibly be from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nee7m-SrNng

According to people who who already have the album, it’s not any song on there. Possibly an early demo of EM

An early release makes sense tbh. There are several people who have the full album already, and it has a chance of leaking, so why not just do an early release to avoid the mess, like, even all of the lyrics are out there already. It's not like it's gonna really affect anything, she's not one of those mainstream artists who have to stick to a certain release schedual to get those chart topping songs. But also I don't think there's gonna be an early release.

Not to mention Taylor, Pink and Banks are all releasing on Marina’s date now