Guest Zephyr

MARINA (and The Diamonds)

LIS was my least favorite FEAR song I've heard parts of, but this insta snippet honestly gave me hope for the song, it sounds like a cute bop. It sounds a lot like EYL tho.
I'm really excited for Belive In Love, I haven't heard that much of it just LQ discord snippets but from what I've heard it's the best song from FEAR.

qfrWuBl.png

what's the point of making a double record if the second part sounds exactly like the first one expect it has "deeper" lyrics

the difference is the central meaning of love / fear - she probably based releasing them differently (possibly even the whole concept) off of that poem she recited about not being able to experience love and fear at the same time. She doesn't want us to get love and fear at the same time because to her, it doesn't make sense.

xMcVPI7.jpg

the difference is the central meaning of love / fear - she probably based releasing them differently (possibly even the whole concept) off of that poem she recited about not being able to experience love and fear at the same time. She doesn't want us to get love and fear at the same time because to her, it doesn't make sense.

u realise this is the most fake deep shit ever? like it doesn't make sense

maybe she should've channelled a tenth of the amount of work and energy she put into thinking this mental gymnastic into actually making a good record

u realise this is the most fake deep shit ever? like it doesn't make sense

maybe she should've channelled a tenth of the amount of work and energy she put into thinking this mental gymnastic into actually making a good record

it’s not really “fake deep shit” at all - a meaning is a meaning. although both parts are sonically similar, the context and the meaning between both is completely different. it wouldn’t have made sense to have had the songs flip back and forth throughout the record, and she clearly had a point of view about fear and love when compiling it. don’t get me wrong, i don’t think any of us are going to have a spiritual awakening over the whole idea of love and fear, but as a whole they both have stark differences (and so I can see why she’s complied them this way). maybe it does come across as a bit instagram inspirational post, but taking out anything she’s said externally and looking/just listening to the album it makes sense.

Time for another rant :)

I truly have no idea why people are complaining so much about this era's theme. TFJ didn't have one. If you are basing your judgement from EH: the "concept" was basically just the name alone. There was no storyline, and the idea of the Archetypes came just as late in the album process as this albums (in both she looked at the songs she had made and thought "huh I guess this fits with this idea). She also came up with Froot of the month like the month before she released the song. That campaign idea makes even less sense than this. Literally what did any of those froots have to do with the songs? The froots for the singles didn't even match with the scratch and sniff froots for each song. She's never had a 100% thought-out theme for a record. She just makes music and then looks back and realizes she can package it in a certain way. If anything, Love + Fear matches the creative vision of EH.

I love the idea for each era, but I also find it annoying that some of you act like she suddenly didn't have an idea for a theme or that she spent the bulk of the last two years centering everything around the Love + Fear idea. Next time she should just put a collection of songs onto SoundCloud, I figure y'all will complain just as much about it.

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

She should fire Joel Little - his productions are the literal same.

It sounds like Handmade Heaven and To Be Human sonically and I hate his bland productions.

giphy.gif

Time for another rant :)

I truly have no idea why people are complaining so much about this era's theme. TFJ didn't have one. If you are basing your judgement from EH: the "concept" was basically just the name alone. There was no storyline, and the idea of the Archetypes came just as late in the album process as this albums (in both she looked at the songs she had made and thought "huh I guess this fits with this idea). She also came up with Froot of the month like the month before she released the song. That campaign idea makes even less sense than this. Literally what did any of those froots have to do with the songs? The froots for the singles didn't even match with the scratch and sniff froots for each song. She's never had a 100% thought-out theme for a record. She just makes music and then looks back and realizes she can package it in a certain way. If anything, Love + Fear matches the creative vision of EH.

I love the idea for each era, but I also find it annoying that some of you act like she suddenly didn't have an idea for a theme or that she spent the bulk of the last two years centering everything around the Love + Fear idea. Next time she should just put a collection of songs onto SoundCloud, I figure y'all will complain just as much about it.

TFJ didn't have a concept but it had storytelling?? the family jewels is a play on word bc "family jewels" means balls in pretty much every romance language + a hint at the crown jewels + a hint at the fact that she speaks about her upbringing. it's a very clever title and paves the way for the main themes: family and smart puns (and like... the fact she's an overachiever but a title can only hold so much meaning.) 

EH was a concept all along, what are you even saying? back in 2011 she asked her label if she could record 2 projects at the same time, one based around a character she had invented (Electra Heart), and she even wanted to have a new stage name (Electra Heart herself) to release it, and one based around her distress about the whole fame thing. the label said no cos she was broke and she merged the two projects. Miss Y? anyone? I agree that EH was kind of a shitty project in terms of storytelling because there is none, but there's still good social commentary in some songs. also it has great visuals which make a wonderful job at carrying whatever concept there may have been (which, again, she barely scraped the surface)

like while her past projects might not have been entirely thought out they were solid and coherent

half of love is shit sonically, the visuals are nonexistent, the lyrics are bad and when they are good it's not very consistent like what are we talking about?

if f+l was a bunch of songs uploaded to sc it'd still be bad. the problem is not that the concept is half assed, it's that everything is half-assed. nothing is consistent. NOTHING. the only thing that's consistent is the release schedule, which nobody asked for