Sitar

Noir

I think it's the angry overtone. I can't think of any other Lana song that sounds even remotely upset like this....it's a side of Lizzy/Lana that we knew existed, but never had heard more clearly.

Imagine a four-song EP released with this + a few more 'angry' songs...that would be incredible.

That's what I love the most about it, the anger in it! I heard so much from sweet/sad babydoll Lizzy but Noir holds a certain power. Really like it, wish I'd hear more songs like this too.

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

I love songs where her vocals sound kind of unhinged, almost out of control, but not quite.

BTW... do you think the lines "Walking is an art, so is my body" and "He wants a real girl, I’m like a cartoon" are references to her having work done?

Brava, evil :mariah: That's actually great.

What year is it? It probably isn't in the right time frame, but when I first listened to it I felt like it was about the guy who came back into her life in Radio but after a bit he realised Lana was different now she's famous..

I'm thinking the love triangle of her, Mike, and her career was a little more convoluted than we can say. This involves her going kind of crazy for fame, I think it fits that era when her album flopped and she dropped her label.

He’s gonna leave me, he wants a real girl

I’m like a cartoon

Reminds me of this part of the Carmen acapella: "She looks animated like a cartoon baby, with her tiara smile and her shortcake heart. She looks animated like a cartoon baby, with her champagne sighs and her cocaine heart."

I'm thinking the love triangle of her, Mike, and her career was a little more convoluted than we can say. This involves her going kind of crazy for fame, I think it fits that era when her album flopped and she dropped her label.

Yeah, I agree. Obviously I don't know Mike, but I can imagine him saying she has to choose him or her career. I'm sure he's probably quite a nice guy, but I don't know, he seems controlling.

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

but i say my body is art but i haven't had anything done (apart from on my teeth) and i'm not going to have anything done. and you can have a 'cartoon' personality - it's thematic.

You say that? :oh:

I suppose the difference is that Lana actually did have work done :thankyou:

but i say my body is art but i haven't had anything done (apart from on my teeth) and i'm not going to have anything done. and you can have a 'cartoon' personality - it's thematic.

When articles talk about Lana they often say she has Daffy Duck lips, and compare her to Jessica Rabbit. She does look like a cartoon sometimes..

one time, lana del rey told me that I made her day~ it was awesome

When articles talk about Lana they often say she has Daffy Duck lips, and compare her to Jessica Rabbit. She does look like a cartoon sometimes..

i don't even read articles - i don't need some so called critic to tell me what to like or dislike. and jessica rabbit has bigger tits gosh.

You say that? :oh:

I suppose the difference is that Lana actually did have work done :thankyou:

i do srsly, i have like this really deep arty pretentious side.

she might of done, she might not of, tbh i don't give a fuck whether she's had surgery or not - her body, her life, her choices. and if i could like get a new nose i would. fuck that actually, i'd get a new face lol.

4r9w86.jpg

It's insanely good!

Definitely already up there with her greatest work in my opinion. I mean how is it that this girl can sing and write songs in such a wide spectrum of emotions and atmospheres and still manage to make it sound 100 % sincere and straight from her heart? We already knew she could do it with melancholy, nostalgia, sorrow, desire, playfulness, mischief etc but as some of you already pointed out we haven't heard her this angry/frustrated/aggressive before. I'm trying to avoid exaggeration here but it's difficult...

Ah what the hell, I've never heard any other musician that could capture and deliver so many different moods as convincing as Lana Del Rey!

I just love Noir. Got me addicted from the first hearing. Fucking in love with it. I send it to one of my brothers friend who is a really cool DJ here and he loved. He plays in some of the best clubs in town and he said he would put some beats and would play it for sure. I can totally see this song being played a lot in clubs at least over here. He said the song was like a "animalistic instinct" I thought that was a really funny description for a song

glgcDdT.gif

The rawness is obviously what sticks out. The vocals kind of remind me of the vocals from Velvet Crowbar a bit. Lana always says she's a bad actor, but I can just picture the Oscar worthy angst she sings in this song. I wish there was a video of her recording the vocals for it.

2dt29zc.jpg