Sitar

Noir

I love it. I wish we had more songs/demos that she did on her laptop.

Why does everyone assume it's "from her laptop????" We have absolutely ZERO evidence for this...I mean, if there was even a shred, I wouldn't mind, but I don't like how this false info seems to have suddenly become universally accepted.

:hooker:

Why does everyone assume it's "from her laptop????" We have absolutely ZERO evidence for this...I mean, if there was even a shred, I wouldn't mind, but I don't like how this false info seems to have suddenly become universally accepted.

:hooker:

It just doesn't sound like studio at all. Like when she says 'You're Crazy' it sounds like a laptop recording. Could be wrong tho.

VyIsfwC.jpg

I think the whole concept she puts into her songs could possibly be from the movie Cool World. It has this cartoonist going inside the world he created himself - along with many others creations, there's Holli. I even think her name is inspired by Hollywood, for all of what she is: all caught up in the fame game, as Lana would say. She's like a blonde Jessica Rabbit, not as famous though. She drinks a lot, she smokes her cigarettes, she can be sweet and sexy at the same time (just like the voices and faces Lana does). Holli is like a grown-up Lolita that knows what she can do to get some coins. That, in the case, being her goal to become a real person and have fun probably singing and having fun with men (as shown in the movie, it's the first thing she does when she steps in the real world). She tries to kill anyone who tries to stop her little game. Such a femme fatale. I really think Lana could be into that movie, but it's just what I think about listening to the songs.

Also, here's a gif of Holli showing her illegal moves:

tumblr_m920jqXHdG1rd1s14o1_500.gif

And then:

tumblr_mfb835moF71qhfkg1o1_500.gif

I even think her face reminds me blonde lizzy a little bit.

tumblr_inline_mf7gy9MZWE1rstddl.gif

But then again, it's just a thought I had.

I just love Noir. Got me addicted from the first hearing. Fucking in love with it. I send it to one of my brothers friend who is a really cool DJ here and he loved. He plays in some of the best clubs in town and he said he would put some beats and would play it for sure. I can totally see this song being played a lot in clubs at least over here. He said the song was like a "animalistic instinct" I thought that was a really funny description for a song

I'd love to hear what he would do with it! :defeated:

20r46kx.jpg

The lyrics and basic direction of the song is amazing. I think it's just the way that the recording process was carried out. Like, in some parts you can barely hear her ~ and in others her voice just blasts through the speakers and makes the whole listening process totally uncomfortable and awkward. IA about the Britney comparison though.

i feel like this song was lifted from the answering machine of a lover who scorned her that she called semi-wasted and decided to sing the lyrics she had been scribbling on a napkin to into the phone idk, it's one of my faves

tumblr_mg9v6lYlwT1qhhn3go1_500.png

i feel like this song was lifted from the answering machine of a lover who scorned her that she called semi-wasted and decided to sing the lyrics she had been scribbling on a napkin to into the phone idk, it's one of my faves

That's what I thought too!

B8wHSYZ.jpg