lili

LanaBoards Writing a Song for Lana Project

3 minutes ago, The Siren said:

wait i just had an idea - if someone could get their hands on a Lana AI voice, we could get someone to record this song acapella (to whatever tune/instrumental we come up with) and get the Lana AI to mimic that acapella and put it over the instrumental :shock:

:illumarina: hand me an mp3 file NOW

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

2 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Please don't use my voice if you have it from the earlier project, I rather not let an AI learn from it, they kinda freak me out. :bebe:

it would have to be consensual, of course :bebe:

Just now, The Siren said:

it would have to be consensual, of course :bebe:

Just felt the need to mention it just in case someone wouldn't think of asking, I've seen too many (graphical) artists hurting from AIs using their artworks without their permission this past year. :bebe:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

43 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Just felt the need to mention it just in case someone wouldn't think of asking, I've seen too many (graphical) artists hurting from AIs using their artworks without their permission this past year. :bebe:

ive been curious about that - is it noticeable when AI steals from real art? and how does it do that?

16 hours ago, The Siren said:

ive been curious about that - is it noticeable when AI steals from real art? and how does it do that?

I don't think it's noticable at all, which is why people in the art community encourage people to keep watermarks (although now it seems that some AIs know how to work around that too), get off websites that let AIs use artwork uploaded there (DeviantArt and ArtStation were in big trouble last year, especially dA who lost tons of users until they backed up and changed their minds but they had already lost trust by then), and try to inform each other of ways to avoid AIs using their artworks. I think it is noticeable if you tell an AI to mimic an artist's work, or even a style of art, like, Studio Ghibli has a very distinct art style. I'm not a tech person so I don't really know how it works but I guess it might be enough to just use images you search with google and that are uploaded on several sites (blogs, social media, portfolios etc). Some of the AI stuff is really cool but some of it just looks really off to me too. Also don't like that AIs learn from artists who have spent years and maybe even a lifetime to become good at what they do and just create something in that style in much less time, it doesn't sit right with me.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png