lili

LanaBoards Writing a Song for Lana Project

6 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

also, i'll be stylist for when we all make our red carpet appearances! slay

Oooo we’re in good hands :flutter:

I mean they’re basically handing out Grammies like gum these days, they might as well just give us the Song of the Year:smile:

help the concept instrumental sounds so bad i wanna cry this is gonna be a mess omgomgomgomg i hate it it originally had potential but now it just sucks and i might need to start from scratch i ruined it with some weird pop-like drums and a couple arps and now i can't unhear it sorry guys this is going to take longer or a different producer im crying

:bebe: 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 minute ago, Glitter Boy said:

help the concept instrumental sounds so bad i wanna cry this is gonna be a mess omgomgomgomg i hate it it originally had potential but now it just sucks and i might need to start from scratch i ruined it with some weird pop-like drums and a couple arps and now i can't unhear it sorry guys this is going to take longer or a different producer im crying

you obviously don't have to, but i would share it anyway! maybe it's not as bad as you think lol :bebe: are you able to remove the drums and harps? honestly that concept sounds cool monique

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Just now, Surf Noir said:

you obviously don't have to, but i would share it anyway! maybe it's not as bad as you think lol :bebe: are you able to remove the drums and harps? honestly that concept sounds cool monique

i think i will post till first chorus, while i work on the second half of the song. the arpeggios make it sound, er, a little too much of synthpop for her usual style and it completely deviates from the original vibe, so lemme export and post real quick

2 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

i think i will post till first chorus, while i work on the second half of the song. the arpeggios make it sound, er, a little too much of synthpop for her usual style and it completely deviates from the original vibe, so lemme export and post real quick

just think of it as an early demo, it wouldn't be unusual to start again from scratch based on that concept and rework it into something better! :) 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

7 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

Don't worry, I understand perfectly, I once tried to do something on FL Studio and ended up with a broken head, but it can always be fixed, so cheer up, and I send you lots of love and good vibes!!!! :kiss:

ezgif-3-d7619d8ad8.gif

OKAY so here's the first concept demo for the instrumental. Tried to follow some of what's been said regarding the sound, but it still needs A LOT of work done with it. I will try and rework it asap. Rough af, not even mixed properly but you can get the vibe i guess? it's just the first half and will get bigger towards the second half. Any feedback is more than welcome!

idea 1 instrumental

3 minutes ago, KingsMotelPart2 said:

Don't worry, I understand perfectly, I once tried to do something on FL Studio and ended up with a broken head, but it can always be fixed, so cheer up, and I send you lots of love and good vibes!!!! :kiss:

thanks a lot babes! probably if i let it rest for a little and come back with renewed energies i can make it work. will give it a try tomorrow along with the comments y'all provide! <3 

4 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

OKAY so here's the first concept demo for the instrumental. Tried to follow some of what's been said regarding the sound, but it still needs A LOT of work done with it. I will try and rework it asap. Rough af, not even mixed properly but you can get the vibe i guess? it's just the first half and will get bigger towards the second half. Any feedback is more than welcome!

idea 1 instrumental

thanks a lot babes! probably if i let it rest for a little and come back with renewed energies i can make it work. will give it a try tomorrow along with the comments y'all provide! <3 

That's a great idea!

I just listened to it, it sounds very atmospheric, the beginning reminds me a bit of I talk to Jesus!, I even tried it with a random melody I came up with, and it went very smoothly for a first idea :dafuq:

ezgif-3-d7619d8ad8.gif

11 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

idea 1 instrumental

wtf THIS IS SO GOOD :wowcry: i could definitely imagine something very cathartic/ultraviolence-esque for the lyrical content, thanks for sharing this with us! :party: although, i think it would be better if it were a little slower, but that's just me lol!

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

wtf THIS IS SO GOOD :wowcry: i could definitely imagine something very cathartic/ultraviolence-esque for the lyrical content, thanks for sharing this with us! :party: although, i think it would be better if it were a little slower, but that's just me lol!

YESSS!

Perhaps my suggestion would be to have the iconic western guitars, or some orchestral percussion a la Dan Heath :delish:

ezgif-3-d7619d8ad8.gif

Just now, KingsMotelPart2 said:

YESSS!

Perhaps my suggestion would be to have the iconic western guitars, or some orchestral percussion a la Dan Heath :delish:

yes! some of the other instruments that came in during the middle of that little preview reminded me of guitars, that would be really cool and so reminiscent of her born to die/paradise era! :flutter: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

30 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

idea 1 instrumental

THIS IS SO EFFING GOOD, WTF :crazy: 

May I ask for the chords and BPM of the project, if you don't mind? :hooker:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

By the way, should we create a group chat or a discord server so we can share the audio files easier? :bebe: like, maybe have separate channels for each parts of the song, like one for songwriting brainstorm, one for the production, etc? 

I don't even remember if LB had an official server or not :bebe: 

Anyways :bebe:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

28 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

omg yes im here for it 

THANK Y'ALL I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE LIKING IT :oprah4: 

10 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

THIS IS SO EFFING GOOD, WTF :crazy: 

May I ask for the chords and BPM of the project, if you don't mind? :hooker:

UGH LEGEND it means a lot, thanks <3 yup, it's 94 BPM but it will probably be slower considering the very on point suggestion of @Surf Noir, which I also considered first.

Spoiler

don't k1ll me but I know nothing about chords, lmao. this is what i came up with - applies for piano, strings and that orchestral-esque synth. as for how to read it, i have absolutely no idea :bebe: 

Captura-de-pantalla-1.png

4 minutes ago, plastiscguy said:

By the way, should we create a group chat or a discord server so we can share the audio files easier? :bebe: like, maybe have separate channels for each parts of the song, like one for songwriting brainstorm, one for the production, etc? 

I don't even remember if LB had an official server or not :bebe: 

Anyways :bebe:

yeah, totally! I think that would make it easier to interact and stuff. however i don't really know how to create one :bebe: