lili

LanaBoards Writing a Song for Lana Project

forgot to post my lyric suggestions :w8ing:

lyrics 1

i wrote this a few years ago (i didnt save the date smh) but i think it could work as a lana song

https://paste.ee/r/rZ0LK

lyrics 2

i did this one back in 2020 after reading a really sad story i felt so invested in i nearly immediately finished the lyrics. thankfully the story had a happy ending.

https://paste.ee/r/PObaw

1 hour ago, The Siren said:

lyrics 1

i wrote this a few years ago (i didnt save the date smh) but i think it could work as a lana song

https://paste.ee/r/rZ0LK

this sounds more like a Madonna's song. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I think I’ll stick to LB if that’s okay, just because I feel like I have to be cautious considering what’s happened in the past (delulu king tweeting about me and Elle and making new accounts just to send rude DMs, not to mention that tasteless harassment when someone called Elle’s phone recently). I don’t mean that I think you’re bad people, but I... yeah. Have fun over at discord, can’t wait to see what things you all will cook up! :)

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

@Clampigirl and @Surf Noir, it’s okay, you don’t have to do anything you don’t feel comfortable with of course. The whole point of this is trying to enjoy creating something together. 

I’ll keep on updating this page every day, of course, this is a LanaBoards project! But it may be slow since I’m working and the conversation there flows quickly, please don’t feel left out. I’ll make sure to update everyday, promise, just stick with us! Love you both :kiss:

10 hours ago, Glitter Boy said:

OKAY so here's the first concept demo for the instrumental. Tried to follow some of what's been said regarding the sound, but it still needs A LOT of work done with it. I will try and rework it asap. Rough af, not even mixed properly but you can get the vibe i guess? it's just the first half and will get bigger towards the second half. Any feedback is more than welcome!

idea 1 instrumental

THIS SOUNDS SO GOOD

Hi! Here’s what we’ve got so far, @plastiscguy and @Glitter Boy have been doing a brilliant job! :godlaugh:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dAlmIPE9M74oHqFageS0-j5nyHTY8m3g/view?usp=drivesdk

Anyone is welcome to offer their opinions! @KingsMotelPart2 and @Clampigirl, please do try some vocals on this with whatever lyrics you choose! We’ll decide on the lyrics collectively after the production of the track is finished ♥️

I'll see if I can record anything with the suggested lyrics later. So far, I can only hear the lyrics to Freak in my head when I listen to the audio, haha. ^^'

I'm not sure if the trap beats fits with the rest...? Or maybe they will fit in better once they're mixed in to get a nicer transition. To me, the instrumental starts very Paradise-esque and trap beats is something I associate with Honeymoon. But! That being said, feel free to ignore my feedback. ^^' Great work so far! :party:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I'll see if I can record anything with the suggested lyrics later. So far, I can only hear the lyrics to Freak in my head when I listen to the audio, haha. ^^'

I'm not sure if the trap beats fits with the rest...? Or maybe they will fit in better once they're mixed in to get a nicer transition. To me, the instrumental starts very Paradise-esque and trap beats is something I associate with Honeymoon. But! That being said, feel free to ignore my feedback. ^^' Great work so far! :party:

thank you for the feedback! yeah, i still have yet to fully assemble what we have so far and make it sound more uniform and polished. loving the fact that it gives Honeymoon vibes despite me trying to emulate BTD/P/LFL instead lol. but that's overall the main idea, will keep y'all posted with it!

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

I took some inspiration from the suggested lyrics, moved around the words and added some of my own. This melody sounds a bit too similar to Freak in my ears, apologies in advance. :defeated:  Also, sorry that my singing and the instrumental doesn't match 100%, I just recorded a quick take because I have other things I should spend my time on instead. :toofunny: Also, oops, it's supposed to be "put out the flame" not "turn out the flame"! And I thought it would be fun to play with the idea of real gold and fool's gold, gold is really want everyone wants and strives for, and you might be a fool is you spend your money on the fake thing instead. I dunno.

Combined audio: https://voca.ro/1jw6Rz7tWSLW

Lyrics in the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

You say that I'm a goddamn melancholic
I could say the same 'bout you
You say that I'm a goddamn dreamer
I've always dreamt of you

White car, small town
Roses in my hair, you know I'm down
Your lips, fingertips
Mmm

I am your medicine, and you're my posion
I could give you life and light up your soul
Boy, don't act so distant 'cause if I didn't know ya
I know, I know we'd still find each other

I said I think your gold-chain makes you a fool
Let me treat you the real thing
You said "crazy", but that's why I'm your baby
My mind is diamond-sharp

Big dreams, wild thoughts
Don't put out the flame, you lit it up
Young star, even from afar
Mmm

Go fast, drive fast, life's a race, baby
Jaguars, Rolex watch, buy me Tiffany's
Roses, red dress, what's your wish, baby?
I'm down, I'm down, I'm down

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

12 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I took some inspiration from the suggested lyrics, moved around the words and added some of my own. This melody sounds a bit too similar to Freak in my ears, apologies in advance. :defeated: Also, oops, it's supposed to be "put out the flame" not "turn out the flame"! Also, sorry that my singing and the instrumental doesn't match 100%, I just recorded a quick take because I have other things I should spend my time on instead. :toofunny:

Hide contents

White car, small town
Your lips, fingertips
Mmm

My mind is diamond-sharp

Mmm

absolutely gorgeous. gives HM and BtD vibes. 

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It

21 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

I took some inspiration from the suggested lyrics, moved around the words and added some of my own. This melody sounds a bit too similar to Freak in my ears, apologies in advance. :defeated:  Also, sorry that my singing and the instrumental doesn't match 100%, I just recorded a quick take because I have other things I should spend my time on instead. :toofunny: Also, oops, it's supposed to be "put out the flame" not "turn out the flame"! And I thought it would be fun to play with the idea of real gold and fool's gold, gold is really want everyone wants and strives for, and you might be a fool is you spend your money on the fake thing instead. I dunno.

Reveal hidden contents

White car, small town
Your lips, fingertips
Mmm

My mind is diamond-sharp

Mmm

:oprah4: YOU SOUND REALLY GOOD! :defeated:  once again, it can be faked as a LDR9 leak :oop: 

+ lyrics are really good too, and i def hear the Freak inspiration but it doesn't seem as a Freak remake so I'm down (I'm down, I'm down...) for this :kris: 

btw let me share with y'all a more updated version of the instrumental, which sadly lacks the power of plastiscguy's outro but i tried to make a softer remake of it to test.

EDIT: welp, this is still not finished, i'll combine the very outro with that one of @plastiscguy and it will probably be very close to a final

1 hour ago, blackestday89 said:

please do a whole album in this style. im obsessed with this song.

honestly I'm all here to go for more than 1 song! I'll gladly contribute with more songs if it becomes a larger project.

Also I'm working on improving my vocal ability to at least sound from meh to decent and I could eventually try and demo a couple songs as well :bebe: 

Hello hello dear people. Just passed by to share with you what I think could be a final version of the instrumental. Added a bass because I didn't realise it was missing lol. If there's anything you consider that should be reworked, please let me know!

Instrumental 3.0 for the Lanaboards song

I’d record my vocals probably this weekend if I didn’t have this dry throat since last night. >___< Until I’m better, if anyone wants to edit my suggested lyrics or record themselves with another sung melody, feel free to do so!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png