lili

LanaBoards Writing a Song for Lana Project

4 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

THANK Y'ALL I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE LIKING IT :oprah4: 

UGH LEGEND it means a lot, thanks <3 yup, it's 94 BPM but it will probably be slower considering the very on point suggestion of @Surf Noir, which I also considered first.

Reveal hidden contents

don't k1ll me but I know nothing about chords, lmao. this is what i came up with - applies for piano, strings and that orchestral-esque synth. as for how to read it, i have absolutely no idea :bebe: 

Captura-de-pantalla-1.png

I can read/identify chords but I can't understand keys nor chords progression and all that technical stuff :bebe:

But if I'm not mistaken, the chords are Cm - Eb - Fm - Eb :oprah4: it sounds so good! :defeated:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

48 minutes ago, Glitter Boy said:

OKAY so here's the first concept demo for the instrumental. Tried to follow some of what's been said regarding the sound, but it still needs A LOT of work done with it. I will try and rework it asap. Rough af, not even mixed properly but you can get the vibe i guess? it's just the first half and will get bigger towards the second half. Any feedback is more than welcome!

idea 1 instrumental

I love it omg

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Yooo I think it sounds pretty nice too, I would definitely mistake it as something official if it leaked as a snippet lmao!

By the way, you can create direct messages here on LB and have multiple people be part of it so it becomes like a group chat. My inbox is too full to create another message though, I think I had a mod privilege before that let me have more saved messages than ordinary users, so I can’t read or write any unless I delete old ones.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

2 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

well discord is beneficial because you can directly upload and play files from the application

Unless you’re not paying for upgrade so you can share bigger files.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 minutes ago, Clampigirl said:

Unless you’re not paying for upgrade so you can share bigger files.

Honestly the upload limit isn’t terrible without nitro if you know how to optimize files, plus you can organize things within channels 

1 hour ago, Glitter Boy said:

OKAY so here's the first concept demo for the instrumental. Tried to follow some of what's been said regarding the sound, but it still needs A LOT of work done with it. I will try and rework it asap. Rough af, not even mixed properly but you can get the vibe i guess? it's just the first half and will get bigger towards the second half. Any feedback is more than welcome!

idea 1 instrumental

thanks a lot babes! probably if i let it rest for a little and come back with renewed energies i can make it work. will give it a try tomorrow along with the comments y'all provide! <3 

I LOVE ITTTT. Thanks for doing this:trisha:

Can someone familiar with Discord helppp

6 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

Honestly the upload limit isn’t terrible without nitro if you know how to optimize files, plus you can organize things within channels 

True, I’ve just found it to be frustrating when I’ve tried to share school related stuff for uni assignments, haha. The files can be a bit large sometimes.

A similar thing to discord is slack, but maybe it’s mostly used for professional things.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

3 hours ago, lili said:

Can someone familiar with Discord helppp

Just made a server, y’all can join with this link

https://discord.gg/mb3jWUkWPr

I think it will be easier to organize stuff this way

@stupidapartmentcomplex get in here :beyonce:

If anyone else besides me knows how to use the app I can give you admin

14 minutes ago, Wait For Life said:

https://discord.gg/AfvkWbDt

welp, looks like i'm about to join discord lol :omfg2:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

i have hundreds of fragments over the years we can use :oopna:

1 hour ago, Wait For Life said:

https://discord.gg/mb3jWUkWPr

im in!

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

can someone get me up to pace on what's happening in this thread it looks interesting but i also don't feel like going through 8 pages of stuff

in a sentence: we're making a song trying to emulate Lana's aesthetics/styles/whatevs while we get news on LDR9!

@lili has been updating a summary of everything in the first post of the thread so you don't have to go through the whole thread to find out ;) 

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

well... i chickened out... :runs: 

you should do it you really don't need to go any further than just the server @lili made honestly (and this isn't me forcing you just encouraging but don't do anything you really feel uncomfortable with)

-

edit: also @lili i can help with visuals (and maybe backup dance if the visuals are too oversaturated :w8ing:)

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

2 minutes ago, the ocean said:

you should do it you really don't need to go any further than just the server @lili made honestly (and this isn't me forcing you just encouraging but don't do anything you really feel uncomfortable with)

-

edit: also @lili i can help with visuals (and maybe backup dance if the visuals are too oversaturated :w8ing:)

idk i just felt so weird and shy about it all, i probably give off the impression that i'm very introverted but i'm very reclusive, it's just that i became very comfortable here over time lol, but hopefully the discussion can still continue in this thread either way

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

On 10/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, lili said:

Lyrics Team:

add me betch :smokes:

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

idk i just felt so weird and shy about it all, i probably give off the impression that i'm very introverted but i'm very reclusive, it's just that i became very comfortable here over time lol, but hopefully the discussion can still continue in this thread either way

i think the discord server is really just to work on the song and this thread is to talk about it with the site :agree: