Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Just now, ivory almond said:
  Hide contents

and with that you entered your flop era, fingertips has her best lyrics to date and sweet is a gorgeous fairytale with lush strings and a perfect melody
get rid of the interludes, and THEN it's a skipless album

Spoiler

Sweet is beautiful part two and fingertips is boring to listen to even tho the lyrics are interesting😭 I LOVE kintsugi, candy necklace, and Paris, Texas which are all piano ballads but they have great melodies, fingertips does not which makes it a skip for me unfortunately 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

5 minutes ago, sereneking said:

Reveal hidden contents

I honestly think this album is ranking one of the lowest for me....it's way too long, the interludes should've been cut, and I love that there are many career highlights, but the entirety of this album from front to back is one of her worst

Taco truck is also her worst closing track (worse than for free) it's lazy, and literally recycled venice...

I love her and many of the tracks, but this album is gonna need a LOT of time to grow. I love her last track runs... and the fishtail, peppers, taco truck is just not doing it for me. I hope it grows and i learn to love the interludes

this is ur first post??:omfg2:

Just now, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Sweet is beautiful part two and fingertips is boring to listen to even tho the lyrics are interesting😭 I LOVE kintsugi, candy necklace, and Paris, Texas which are all piano ballads but they have great melodies, fingertips does not which makes it a skip for me unfortunately 

Spoiler

UM EXCUSE ME BUT SWEET IS NOT BEAUTIFUL PART 2
if anything, that's paris texas
sweet literally has so many layers and it's one of my favorite melodies ever
beautiful was bland and simple and sweet isn't

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

7 minutes ago, sereneking said:

Hide contents

I honestly think this album is ranking one of the lowest for me....it's way too long, the interludes should've been cut, and I love that there are many career highlights, but the entirety of this album from front to back is one of her worst

Taco truck is also her worst closing track (worse than for free) it's lazy, and literally recycled venice...

I love her and many of the tracks, but this album is gonna need a LOT of time to grow. I love her last track runs usually... but the fishtail, peppers, taco truck is just not doing it for me. I hope it grows and i learn to love the interludes

NO TACO TRUCK SLANDER, NEWBIE. YOU WILL GET CRUCIFIED LOL

40 minutes ago, taco truck said:

If they heard the album friday then there is no way they played an early version… we are either getting glitch pop candy necklace (which lowkey sounds like it would work better with the A&W- John Batiste interlude run) or that reviewer was on crack and not listening

I'd like to think the same but they are always messy, so part of me thinks that it's exactly what they did.

I'm more intrigued by no other reviewer mentioning the song at all.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

2 minutes ago, ivory almond said:
  Hide contents

UM EXCUSE ME BUT SWEET IS NOT BEAUTIFUL PART 2
if anything, that's paris texas
sweet literally has so many layers and it's one of my favorite melodies ever
beautiful was bland and simple and sweet isn't

Spoiler

Not the Paris, Texas slander… literally the most gorgeous her voice has sounded since 2015… 

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Not the Paris, Texas slander… literally the most gorgeous her voice has sounded since 2015… 

Spoiler

how can you say that when cinnamon girl, white dress, and cherry blossom are right there 

she sorta sounds like a kid on paris, texas

7 minutes ago, taco truck said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I’m gonna get killed for this but fingertips and sweet need to be deleted and this could be a 10/10 album for me

Spoiler

I agree, in a way?

Sweet is cute, but I wouldn't mind if it never existed, to be honest. Other than the "do you want children, do you wanna marry me?" part, it doesn't really bring much to the table. It pretty much feels like a filler, especially in between Ocean Blvd. and A&W. 

Fingertips, on the other hand, is a super necessary song for, not only the album, but also for Lana and for whoever needs context on her personal life and her relationship with her family.

But, I understand why many people might not love it right away. It's beautiful, but it's extremely deep and heavy. Due to its heaviness and lack of structure, it doesn't have the same replay value as the rest of her songs. It simply is not a song you'd listen to on your everyday, just for fun.

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

Album Ranking

Spoiler

1. A&W

2. Margaret

3. Peppers

4. Let The Light In

5. Candy Necklace

6. Taco Truck

7. Kintsugi 

8. Paris, Texas

9. Grandfather

10. The Grants

11. Ocean Blvd

12. Fingertips

13. Fishtail

14. Sweet

im afraid fishtail is slightly growing on me

3 minutes ago, barttttender said:

NO TACO TRUCK SLANDER, NEWBIE. YOU WILL GET CRUCIFIED LOL

Spoiler

IM SORRY... I usually lurk as a guest but i seen everyone loving taco truck and for me its so hard... we literally get 2 min of taco truck which could've been so beautiful and an amazing closing track... then we just get recycled VB :( maybe if VB was integrated more into taco or something... but I don't see the hype for it bestie

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

13 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Morgan dropped to 250k sales 2nd week(with 36 songs!)

Miley debut with 119k. And Twice is 152k.

Lana would've easily scored a #3 or #2(a bit hard to top Twice)...

Now she does have a slim chance of beating Morgan in his 4th week.

But she's up against Pink Floyd, Jimin and Luke Combs as well.

Praying for a top #4 atleast. 

jimin will struggle going top10 nobody knows him in the US, pink floyd is irrelevant now, and who tf is luke combs

i think we'll be fine!

1 minute ago, ivory almond said:
  Hide contents

how can you say that when cinnamon girl, white dress, and cherry blossom are right there 

she sorta sounds like a kid on paris, texas

Spoiler

The way Cherry Blossom was literally recorded in 2013😭😭😭

Just now, sereneking said:
  Hide contents

IM SORRY... I usually lurk as a guest but i seen everyone loving taco truck and for me its so hard... we literally get 2 min of taco truck which could've been so beautiful and an amazing closing track... then we just get recycled VB :( maybe if VB was integrated more into taco or something... but I don't see the hype for it bestie

vb is one of her greatest. And hearing it in this new iteration is literally an event. And the taco truck part before it is iconic. Best track on the album. Sorry buddy

Just now, taco truck said:

Album Ranking

Hide contents

1. A&W

2. Margaret

3. Peppers

4. Let The Light In

5. Candy Necklace

6. Taco Truck

7. Kintsugi 

8. Paris, Texas

9. Grandfather

10. The Grants

11. Ocean Blvd

12. Fingertips

13. Fishtail

14. Sweet

im afraid fishtail is slightly growing on me

Spoiler

1. Let The Light In
2. Peppers
3. Sweet
4. Margaret
5. Kintsugi
6. Fishtail
7. A&W
8. Taco Truck
9. Fingertips
10. DYKTTATUOB
11. The Grants
12. Grandfather
13. Paris, Texas

1 minute ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

The way Cherry Blossom was literally recorded in 2013😭😭😭

Spoiler

the demo on youtube sounds different than the BB version
is it confirmed that it's the same audio recording bc i always thought it wasn't

1 minute ago, ivory almond said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1. Let The Light In
2. Peppers
3. Sweet
4. Margaret
5. Kintsugi
6. Fishtail
7. A&W
8. Taco Truck
9. Fingertips
10. DYKTTATUOB
11. The Grants
12. Grandfather
13. Paris, Texas

Hide contents

the demo on youtube sounds different than the BB version
is it confirmed that it's the same audio recording bc i always thought it wasn't

Spoiler

Yes she did a YouTube rip, you’re probably just listening to a different vocal take, I forgot which one she used

2 minutes ago, barttttender said:

vb is one of her greatest. And hearing it in this new iteration is literally an event. And the taco truck part before it is iconic. Best track on the album. Sorry buddy

yeah one of her greatest let vb stand on its own and be for what it was not be literally copy and pasted into a closing track 3 albums after

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

18 minutes ago, sereneking said:

Hide contents

I love her and many of the tracks, but this album is gonna need a LOT of time to grow. I love her last track runs usually... but the fishtail, peppers, taco truck is just not doing it for me. I hope it grows and i learn to love the interludes

2 posts...

lana-del-rey-arcadia.gif

1 minute ago, taco truck said:
  Hide contents

Yes she did a YouTube rip, you’re probably just listening to a different vocal take, I forgot which one she used

Spoiler

thought this was the only version
do you have a link to the one she used? now im curious lmao