Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

14 hours ago, Bluelake said:

Saw a tweet that said the “whoa-oh-oh-oh” part on “Him & I” by G-Eazy and Halsey is Lana. Is that true?

1 minute ago, audreysdance said:

It sounds like very Lana-ish lmao but I only know that the song was meant to be sung by Lana and then was replaced by Halsey - would have eaten tbh :oprah3:

Honeymouns talked recently about Him & I ⬇️

On 5/26/2024 at 3:09 AM, Lindsay Lohan said:

You're thinking about Him & I which features BGV Madison Love vocals which people thought were Lana for some reason, but Lana was never attached to that song. IT was always supposed to be only Halsey on that.

url%5D

Do you think lana played a persona/character throughout the born to die era? since yesterday, i started to think that she may did… ? Question mark

edit: i thought that way just bc reading off the comments from 2011/12 interviews… but her lyrics are too real life to be much of a persona/shtick (except loli and off to the races which are the only ones i doubt abt its origin story off the album)

54 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Do you think lana played a persona/character throughout the born to die era? since yesterday, i started to think that she may did… ? Question mark

edit: i thought that way just bc reading off the comments from 2011/12 interviews… but her lyrics are too real life to be much of a persona/shtick (except loli and off to the races which are the only ones i doubt abt its origin story off the album)

I don't think she played a character but to be honest, the whole Born To Die album is a satire of the American Dream. Some of the serious songs are obviously based on her real life when she was a teenager and her Lizzy days but the album as a whole feels like a satire of the American Dream, pop culture and female stereotypes - kind of almost like Marina's Electra Heart which is also probanly the reason these two albums were always compared to each other then.

url%5D

18 minutes ago, Embach said:

I don't think she played a character but to be honest, the whole Born To Die album is a satire of the American Dream. Some of the serious songs are obviously based on her real life when she was a teenager and her Lizzy days but the album as a whole feels like a satire of the American Dream, pop culture and female stereotypes - kind of almost like Marina's Electra Heart which is also probanly the reason these two albums were always compared to each other then.

Are you talking about the lyrics or the way she behaved then? I was talking abt the latter : )

2 hours ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

Are you talking about the lyrics or the way she behaved then? I was talking abt the latter : )

I was talking about the era in general (lyrics, photoshoots and music videos). But about her behaviour, I don't think that she played a character, like in interviews or live shows. It was her first time being in the public eye, in the centre of the media, so she was just very shy and her behaviour may have looked like awkward. She has said before that she never needed a character or persona for herself when she could've had.

url%5D