fl0r1dakil0s

Gracie Abrams

1 minute ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

this new album is kind of different sonically than her previous music especially in that she sings in a more breathy voice which i love but i think it's giving her a lorde vibe that she usually never had

props to her for making a full length album with full length songs tho, usually i dont see that with debut albums

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

1 minute ago, mssainttropez said:

I’m not super into her but I’d listen to Stay, Feels Like, Block Me Out, tehe, I miss you I’m sorry, and Hard to Sleep :party:

She gives me a bit of a Clairo vibe as well :flutter:

Thanks for the suggestions! I do enjoy these indie girlies but their voices do tend to blend together for me a bit (Phoebe Bridgers, Lizzy McAlpine, Gracie…others):awkney:

I like them all though! 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.

4 minutes ago, shadesofyayo said:

never listened to her but she sounds a bit like lorde :oic3:

She gives me a bit of a Clairo vibe as well :flutter:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

6 minutes ago, sadness is a butterfly said:

Thanks for the suggestions! I do enjoy these indie girlies but their voices do tend to blend together for me a bit (Phoebe Bridgers, Lizzy McAlpine, Gracie…others):awkney:

I like them all though! 

I so agree and I’ve never heard anyone say that before :agree: Their song writing has their differences but sonically they’re extremely similar. They’re all great musicians though, but it can be hard to distinguish them as a causal listener :awkney:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

"Amelie" is beautiful but it's very interesting she picked this as a single versus some of these other much stronger tracks.. i do get how the repetition and melody of this chorus is unique and pretty and it's probs why she chose it 

13 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

oml the "2,3,4" at the beginning of "Will you cry?" sounds EXACTLY like the one at the beginning of Brite Lites.. literally i was sure my phone fucked up and skipped to another playlist  😭

Not me about to go listen to it to see :teehee:

Edit: It’s not one of those things I would notice unless it was pointed out but I see what you mean :oic3: I also didn’t realize she released a new album until now :toofloppy:

Edit again: Not me just realizing @fl0r1dakil0s included the new album release in the first post.. my adhd brain I swear :facepalm:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

this is a great album; imo the quality kind of dips right in the middle with I Should Hate You, Will You Cry, and Amelie, but picks up again towards the end. also for some reason i like Difficult less in the context of the whole record than i did as a single, i kinda think it should’ve been the opening track, because it’s definitely a highlight but gets a little lost within everything else. the last 3 tracks + Best and Difficult are my favorites for sure

I'm a fan of practically everything she puts out and been following her since some time, I love the album but I have to say I don't really love her working with Aaron? Like I'm more into her "minor" sound, I think it gave her a more "deep indie songwriter" vibe. The album is good but I still feel like she needs to exploit her sound. Like all the songs are good but it feels like she could have more epic moments and production. Wish there would be more songs like "Will you cry?" and "This is what the drugs are for". Still love the album tho. Btw, out of context but she said a couple days ago in an interview that Lana is one of her dream collabs :party:

I listened earlier while working so I didn’t  absorb a whole lot :w8ing: but I really liked it! Each song kind of feels like a little story? And I like the sentence (ish) case for the song titles actually. The whole album is very intimate feeling.

Where do we go now? Is my favorite. 

topsters2-2-1.png

It's a beautiful life, remember that too, for me.