pinupgirls

Vintage Lana vs. Rocker(?) Lana

Someone recently made a comment about how Lana seems more content and happy in her recent performance.

Normally shes portrayed as vintage and "stuck in a different time period" but in her recent performance she had a more carefree rocker chick and she appeared much more comfortable on stage.

I don't know about you all, but I looove Lanas vintage looks. Just a thought.

7338e157b4b318699b988ced0289df17.gif

i like that she's happier now and more comfortable ..

however her vulnerability on stage was so adorable and cute and oooooh :3

If i had to choose .. probably GQ shoot ;)

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I think her vintage Priscilla Presley hair styles and general golden age glamour is absolutely breathtaking. That being said, her more casual qt """soft grunge""" look gives her this girl next door look which has it's own certain charm. I think Lana can pull off a variety of looks quite well and I actually hope she continues to do so because the way she transcends different styles and eras is quite interesting.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

I like this new expression Lana is giving us because she is clearly more confident as an artist. She emotes more and gives more of a show. Vintage Lana was so shook and unsure, and it made for a boring performance. I need her to amp up this new expression for the next era. I also like the images from both stages of expression. Hair, hair, and more hair, but the subdued, heroin chic casualness of her most recent era was also a fave. 

We all fell in love with Vintage Lana, her aesthetic was so captivating it's totally understandable if most of us prefer it.

Maybe her big hair/makeup/vintage style/classic elegance was a kind of disguise to hide her real self while she was being discovered...she was so shy so she hid herself behind the flawless, cold act that she had on.

But after doing so well with her tours and performing night after night for thousands of people, of course she became more confident so she doesn't need a disguise anymore. Hence, the UV era is more laid-back and "natural". I'm curious about the aesthetic of the Honeymoon era, here's to hoping she explores the vampire princess style, she looks amazing when playing around with that :D

lana_tumblr_torn_by_florentina_hysenaj.p

We all fell in love with Vintage Lana, her aesthetic was so captivating it's totally understandable if most of us prefer it.

Maybe her big hair/makeup/vintage style/classic elegance was a kind of disguise to hide her real self while she was being discovered...she was so shy so she hid herself behind the flawless, cold act that she had on.

But after doing so well with her tours and performing night after night for thousands of people, of course she became more confident so she doesn't need a disguise anymore. Hence, the UV era is more laid-back and "natural". I'm curious about the aesthetic of the Honeymoon era, here's to hoping she explores the vampire princess style, she looks amazing when playing around with that :D

lana_tumblr_torn_by_florentina_hysenaj.p

THIS. I love her with her dark features. Such a beauty.

I prefer "the rocker era", my personal preference in clothing and such. And I kinda feel like the whole vintage look was made only for Born to Die. 

Every evening I died, and every evening I was born again, resurrected.

This is so hard. But I really fell in love with Lana's vintage look especially since that was the first image -National Anthem MV- that I saw of her. She was stunning back then. Not that I'm saying she isn't now but her whole look back then was on point and special.

tumblr_m6aj13fH581r7oj7fo1_r2_500.jpg

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371