cola

Aka lizzy Grant Vinyl

Does this website only do vinyls? Using the fanmade/speculated real back cover and a release cover I found (it's virtually the same thing as the original), I'd really love to have AKA Lizzy Grant in physical CD form.

That would be amazing too. I mean all I have is a burnt disc in a clear case with a flimsy printed out front cover.

But a vinyl. That's just a whole new level, I don't really care if the quality's not great because neither's my record player but so long as we sort out the whole timing issue. I wouldn't really mind if it was just the Kill Kill EP.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

@ theFuture I'm not sure about the sound quality I can ask the website

@ Lana Del Rey I know what you mean about the 12' vinyls they do hold more and there are more pricing options and different materials to use I will of course post pictures of the site, currently I'm looking at two vinyl making websites so I will post the details for both once I get the prices :)

@ voidofcelluloid i think the website does make physical CDs as well I'll get back to you

:)

TZk1z.png

@ Ben I know I want to make a picture disc for Summertime Sadness I need that but we need to order 100 at a time :(

@Hello Heaven I need to Doyle check the timing we could always do two vinyls or a vinyl and a picture disc

I meant double* :)

TZk1z.png

@ theFuture I'm not sure about the sound quality I can ask the website

You don't need to ask. Pressing mp3s on a record (and i'm guessing this site is using cheap vinyl because it's for self-published stuff?) is pointless. It is not in any way taking advantage of the medium. And as theFuture noted, music has to be mastered differently/specifically for vinyl, which they would not be able to do even if they offered that service (which they wouldn't at that price).

Regarding time length, it's not like an actual limitation the way it is with the amount of data/time that can physically fit on a CD-R--you can technically press a long album on a 12" but the more music you put on it, the more the quality suffers. So it's not that it can't be done, it's just not done for a good reason.

I advise you all not to waste your money on this unless you’re doing it solely for the novelty of having your own personal copy of a quasi-unreleased album on a big, black plastic disc, which seems to be the case, so i guess carry on.

Oh yeah, and then there's copyright issues...

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Oh yeah, and then there's copyright issues...

This is also something I thought about. Those websites that offer custom vinyl pressing... well, this is a service intended for DJs or people that make music themselves. What would be sold on here is nothing but one more commercially sold (let's face it) unauthorized release which is no way different to any other illegally distributed bootleg release.

Also, let's think about where the source material comes from... I doubt more than two people on here payed for their digital copy of Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant. I really don't want to be the mood killer, but it can easily be traced back who ordered those vinyls and who sold them as it has been publicly discussed on this forum. Aside from the legal issues, I don't think this forum should be a platform for illegal distribution of copyrighted material (which has been pulled back for a reason and is technically unavailable for the public), despite the good intentions.

^ Yeah, totally. You guys would be publicly getting into the bootleg business and jeopardizing the entire forum. Think about this, kiddies.

Though i'm not too worried--i really doubt that any of these companies/websites are going to fulfill your order.

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

This is also something I thought about. Those websites that offer custom vinyl pressing... well, this is a service intended for DJs or people that make music themselves. What would be sold on here is nothing but one more commercially sold (let's face it) unauthorized release which is no way different to any other illegally distributed bootleg release.

Also, let's think about where the source material comes from... I doubt more than two people on here payed for their digital copy of Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant. I really don't want to be the mood killer, but it can easily be traced back who ordered those vinyls and who sold them as it has been publicly discussed on this forum. Aside from the legal issues, I don't think this forum should be a platform for illegal distribution of copyrighted material (which has been pulled back for a reason and is technically unavailable for the public), despite the good intentions.

the website was http://standardvinyl.com/

I thought about doing these more for the keepsake and since I love the vinyls, and us fans love them too, not for a platform for illegal distribution of copyrighted material, but what your saying makes sense that we don't own the rights to the songs and we got the songs illegially, I was thinking though you know on ebay how people sell the mixtapes of Lana's unreleased songs and they say it's legal becuase it's a mixtape, mabye we could call the vinyl a mixtape?

TZk1z.png

^ Yeah, totally. You guys would be publicly getting into the bootleg business and jeopardizing the entire forum. Think about this, kiddies.

Though i'm not too worried--i really doubt that any of these companies/websites are going to fulfill your order.

Sorry, I didn't really think about that!

But I'll be completely honest and say that I'd

actually pay for the CD if it was actually released..

Idk what happened to the rerelease, but that's another discussion

for another thread, I guess.

the website was http://standardvinyl.com/

I thought about doing these more for the keepsake and since I love the vinyls, and us fans love them too, not for a platform for illegal distribution of copyrighted material, but what your saying makes sense that we don't own the rights to the songs and we got the songs illegially, I was thinking though you know on ebay how people sell the mixtapes of Lana's unreleased songs and they say it's legal becuase it's a mixtape, mabye we could call the vinyl a mixtape?

I am not accusing you of intentionally wanting to violate the copyright law, but you can give it whatever fancy name that comes to your mind and it will still be illegal. eBay is filled with bootlegs, that's why many of those offers are taken down when reported. A ~~mixtape~~ isn't any different: it basically consists of material to which the owner doesn't hold any rights (it's the same case all over again: those songs are unreleased, they are mainly demos...).

As Monicker said, the company surely won't accept your order. They won't risk getting themselves in trouble for something like this.

I am not accusing you of intentionally wanting to violate the copyright law, but you can give it whatever fancy name that comes to your mind and it will still be illegal. eBay is filled with bootlegs, that's why many of those offers are taken down when reported. A ~~mixtape~~ isn't any different: it basically consists of material to which the owner doesn't hold any rights (it's the same case all over again: those songs are unreleased, they are mainly demos...).

As Monicker said, the company surely won't accept your order. They won't risk getting themselves in trouble for something like this.

Your right, oh well it was a good idea :hooker:

TZk1z.png

is this idea completely done?

If you're still doing it, I can remaster the album & send you wavs to get pressed on the vinyl

Artwork would be a problem though wouldn't it? We don't have a VHQ for the cover do we?

I don't think it's being done.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

If you're still doing it, I can remaster the album & send you wavs to get pressed on the vinyl

Artwork would be a problem though wouldn't it? We don't have a VHQ for the cover do we?

Thanks so much for the offer but sadly we can't because of copy right issues I didn't think of, as much as I want one it seems so out of the picture :( 

TZk1z.png

We don't have the album in wav though, do we?

last.fm  

No, the remastered tracks would be in wav

You can't remaster or master this without having the original file of each separate track, and I am talking about all sound layers of each song here. Forget about it. I don't mean to sound harsh or insulting, but playing with the EQ is not mastering. Also, using a lossy 256 kbit/s MP3-file and converting it to a lossless WAV-file after butchering and compressing it won't make it sound any better. 

That's like trying to remake a pizza out of what's been left in the toilet. Literally.