Wryta Thinkpiece

The Last Dinner Party

So excited for this album we are so close! I have noticed they have been performing a few songs not on the album like Godzilla and Second Best. I wonder if they are saved for potential deluxe edition? They are so well managed so far I wouldn't be surprised if they have extra tracks prepared. Godzilla sounds amazing, I hope it gets a released.

Ooh I hope there won't be a deluxe album, I don't want to buy another copy, haha! > w< I hope they'll do like Inhaler did, and release them on a following album instead.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

9/10 review by Clash! :oprah4:

https://www.clashmusic.com/reviews/the-last-dinner-party-prelude-to-ecstasy/

What’s the opposite of lacklustre? Is there a word for that, or is it just ‘Prelude To Ecstasy’? Because across the whole record, the most tangible, excellent quality is the sense that the band are doing the most. From the gorgeous, immersive overture that opens the record with motifs from the album’s most memorable moments arranged in crescendoing orchestral […] The Last Dinner Party draw up the red velvet curtain on ‘Prelude To Ecstasy’ with serious panache before tumbling headfirst into the expansive dark-pop of ‘Burn Alive’. 

The Last Dinner Party are unabashedly going for highbrow, greedily scattering literary references, historical characters, theoretical influences, poetic techniques and classical instrumentation across ‘Prelude To Ecstasy’.

[…]
‘The Feminine Urge’ takes its title from a meme used to describe actions that signpost a distinctive girlhood, and its lyrics take what is ostensibly silly little tweet format and turn it into a body-horror drama groaning under the pressures of said girlhood. ‘Beautiful Boy’, a piano lament a couple of tracks forward from ‘The Feminine Urge’ is a sort of antithesis, now referencing more body horror (‘The Green Ribbon’, a favourite of feminist storytellers) but spinning a yarn about gender envy and masculinity. 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

On 1/30/2024 at 10:11 PM, pop said:

So excited for this album we are so close! I have noticed they have been performing a few songs not on the album like Godzilla and Second Best. I wonder if they are saved for potential deluxe edition? They are so well managed so far I wouldn't be surprised if they have extra tracks prepared. Godzilla sounds amazing, I hope it gets a released.

Nvm

I listened to most of the album on my walk/while running some errands, I only have  Mirror left to listen to but this album is truly baroque renaissance rock, and it’s their own little universe and I’m loving it! :legend:Gjuha sounded as special as it did when I heard it live in November, no idea what the words are but I’m sure I’ll find out sooner or later. I’ll have to listen to the album a few more times to properly take in the lyrics! Beautiful sound and inspirations, it’s a great album! I just wished the opening track was mixed a little differently, I’ve heard live orchestra recordings with horns sounding more bombastic and flutes more fluttering in the distance BUT I still think it’s wonderful.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

So now that I’ve listened to the full album I can say I really enjoyed Burn Alive and Gjuha from the new tracks! 

I think it’s a strong debut, it’s not easy to pull off an album that is unique and cohesive both sonically and lyrically but doesn’t feel repetitive or boring at any point despite that.

TLDP is probably the most enthusiastic I’ve felt about a new artist in a long time! 

2 hours ago, honeyslow said:

So now that I’ve listened to the full album I can say I really enjoyed Burn Alive and Gjuha from the new tracks! 

I think it’s a strong debut, it’s not easy to pull off an album that is unique and cohesive both sonically and lyrically but doesn’t feel repetitive or boring at any point despite that.

TLDP is probably the most enthusiastic I’ve felt about a new artist in a long time! 

I agree with all of the above! I realized that I had heard Burn Alive live too when I listened to it, but I kinda had a better experience now because I could hear the lyrics better, haha. Love it!! I have a feeling I might overplay it in a near future. :teehee:

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I liked the album! Although I was expecting a bit more… I think they played it safe, I wish they kept more folk/medieval vibes. Other than that I’m excited to see where they’re headed next, I’m sure they’re gonna be huge! 

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

They have this exclusive bonus CD released through Rough Trade with 6 tracks recorded at Church Studios. I got it but will only be able to pick it on Thursday. Does anyone here have it and could upload the tracks for me?

DUA IS MY FIRST NAME q8PdfBi.gif AND LIPA IS MY SURNAME

10 minutes ago, headztrong said:

They have this exclusive bonus CD released through Rough Trade with 6 tracks recorded at Church Studios. I got it but will only be able to pick it on Thursday. Does anyone here have it and could upload the tracks for me?

Omg really?? I had no idea!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

12 hours ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Omg really?? I had no idea!

Yeah this is the tracklist:

1. Prelude to Ecstasy (live at the Church Studios)

2. Burn Alive (live at the Church Studios)

3. Portrait of a Dead Girl (live at the Church Studios)

4. Nothing Matters (live at the Church Studios)

5. Mirror (live at the Church Studios)

DUA IS MY FIRST NAME q8PdfBi.gif AND LIPA IS MY SURNAME

I love Sinner and especially their vocals, but ehhh. The Grammy's are gonna love them, that's all i'll say :smokes:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Prelude to ecstasy debuts at #1 on the UK charts! :party:

It’s the biggest opening week for a debut album by a band since 2015 [...] Prelude to Ecstasy is also the best seller in UK independent record shops this week, landing at Number 1 on the Official Record Store Chart, and is the biggest vinyl album of the week too. With over 14,000 vinyl copies included in its total, it's the fastest-selling debut album by a group on vinyl of the century [...]

Source: https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/the-last-dinner-party-prelude-to-ecstasy-debut-number-1-album/

GF6Pjp8XkAEHkWJ?format=jpg&name=medium

GF6Pjp6WsAAAzdZ?format=jpg&name=medium

GF6Pjp7W0AEH7jq?format=jpg&name=medium

lol @ Abigail for licking the award

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

5 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

The album is really good, Portrait of a dead girl is a 10/10, and On Your Side.  
Overall a 9 a solid debut album. 

Portrait of a dead girl is so stunning, and the lyrics are great! I love on your side as well, taste! :wub:

I hope I’ll get my vinyl soon, just waiting for the paper slip to arrive telling me to pay for customs.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png