ethelcain

"Tropico" (Scrapped) Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

4 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

To be clear, I'm also obsessed with this project/era, but I'm also quite sure the last person we'll get any concrete info from about it is Lana.

Tbh she's the most random person I know so she won't surprise me anymore.

I'm definitely sure that Rick Nowels would remember every detail about this, idk he remembers a lot of studio stuff, the way how he has described his studio work with Lana and others on social media :wubna:

2.gif

1 minute ago, Embach said:

I'm definitely sure that Rick Nowels would remember every detail about this, idk he remembers a lot of studio stuff, the wah how he has described his studio work with Lana and others on social media :wubna:

i wanna meet him irl hes so sweet but id make sure to record info that i grab from him

Old Money, 2:12

tumblr_n66t9eCeoM1rdpjfqo1_500.gifv

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

I'm definitely sure that Rick Nowels would remember every detail about this, idk he remembers a lot of studio stuff, the way how he has described his studio work with Lana and others on social media :wubna:

I've heard him interviewed, and he's really on top of the history side of things - remembering facts, details, specifics. All the things that Lana is completely useless with. And he seems to really remember his time working with Lana very fondly, so there's no reason for him not to go into detail. However, it will have to be someone from here, because in the context of his career, Lana is one of the more niche artists he's worked with, and Tropico is definitely the most obscure part of their collaboration, not helped by the fact that 'Tropico' is also the name of a different, well known and official (movie) release.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

22 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

To be clear, I'm also obsessed with this project/era, but I'm also quite sure the last person we'll get any concrete info from about it is Lana.

I highly doubt that she even remembers it 😭

5 minutes ago, longtimeman said:

I've heard him interviewed, and he's really on top of the history side of things - remembering facts, details, specifics. All the things that Lana is completely useless with. And he seems to really remember his time working with Lana very fondly, so there's no reason for him not to go into detail. However, it will have to be someone from here, because in the context of his career, Lana is one of the more niche artists he's worked with, and Tropico is definitely the most obscure part of their collaboration, not helped by the fact that 'Tropico' is also the name of a different, well known and official (movie) release.

does anyone have any clue of who she was in the studio with in here? bc if it was with rick he prob would remember something from this sessions if we asked him

Recording_01.JPG

my slow ass just saw a few pictures from this photoshoot and she did was with rick

Old Money, 2:12

tumblr_n66t9eCeoM1rdpjfqo1_500.gifv

12 minutes ago, Dark City said:

I highly doubt that she even remembers it 😭

I think she does, she reworked Connection for Blue Banisters and Pink Champagne for Chemtrails and both of these albums are quite new cause it's from 2021. So I think this project after many years still has a little place in her heart. :flutter:

Question, but were Wild One and Axl Rose Husband considered for Tropico? I think I heard that they were but I might be misremembering it :eek:

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

41 minutes ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

Question, but were Wild One and Axl Rose Husband considered for Tropico? I think I heard that they were but I might be misremembering it :eek:

I think wild one was not sure about axl tho.

we know most title of this so i'm gving my predictions what the rest could be

1.Ave Maria (fits to dark religious theme)

2.I Talk To Jesus (same)

[...]

10.Old Money

11.Pink Champagne

K2WshA8.png