mybluenectarofthegods389

“Honeymoon” Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

On 6/18/2023 at 8:04 PM, Unknown said:

Not really 😭 other than the fact that Rick Rubin produced a rock version of Body Electric while he was working on Ride 

does anyone knows if this version that unknown is mentioning is the one from the snippet we got??

(https://krakenfiles.com/view/KgyPyM7eaY/file.html)

Old Money, 2:12

tumblr_n66t9eCeoM1rdpjfqo1_500.gifv

honeymoon really is her best album if you think about it :teehee: like her best instrumentals, some of her best vocals, her best song titles, even the outtakes have great titles. Like wow this album really is that girl :dancedy: 

On 6/18/2023 at 7:04 PM, Unknown said:

Not really 😭 other than the fact that Rick Rubin produced a rock version of Body Electric while he was working on Ride 

oh i need everything he did for Lana. i love his work :crying5:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vol._3:_(The_Subliminal_Verses)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21_(Adele_album)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_(Lana_Del_Rey_EP)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artpop

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gag_Order_(album)

I revisited some interviews from Honeymoon release time and found some interesting info, so there is a recap:

— Lana had 17 compositions she had been working on for the album, it is 14 released tracks + California, Crazy for You and Say Yes to Heaven (the strongest u released that were considered); or 13 released tracks (minus cover) + California, Crazy for You, Say Yes to Heaven and Paradise (as the rest are rough)

— In one interview she said she had already started recording for the next long play during mixing of Ultraviolence, however, in the other one she said she started sessions in September 2014 (which is common knowledge)

— What is interesting, she the first and only time mentioned the sound of the early version of Ultraviolence (that she done with Rick before handing it over to Dan), saying that first sessions for Honeymoon sounded very similar to the easley version of Ultraviolence

I Wonder how many Songs a songwriter can wrote, Mix and record in less than 9 months?

She probably Had to be done with HM in June to Release it in September.

Mfhp.gif

Ultraviolence release, Endless Summer Tour and Honeymoon rollout... you had to be there

6 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Ultraviolence release, Endless Summer Tour and Honeymoon rollout... you had to be there

Honestly... it was quite annoying but we had it good so I can't complain sksksksks.

The endless teasing, the Honeymoon lyrics over that Lyric Book sold at Endless Summer yet no release date, the tour missing most of ultraviolence, Honeymoon leaking through store speakers... a nightmare, but a good one.

17 minutes ago, WaitForLife said:

I Wonder how many Songs a songwriter can wrote, Mix and record in less than 9 months?

She probably Had to be done with HM in June to Release it in September.

I think we've been told Honeymoon was done in early 2015,  but back then they were able to finish the albums much closer to the release date without the messy "vinyl backlog" thing. We know she was still recording for Lust For Life in early June for a July release.

59 minutes ago, iktr said:

— What is interesting, she the first and only time mentioned the sound of the early version of Ultraviolence (that she done with Rick before handing it over to Dan), saying that first sessions for Honeymoon sounded very similar to the easley version of Ultraviolence

Hmm this is interesting? I quite remember that quote but I thought it was that "early Honeymoon sessions were too close to Ultraviolence sound" as in Ultraviolence final, which makes sense with snippets like Dark City and the fact she was just extending from the Ultraviolence mixing sessions

12 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

Honestly... it was quite annoying but we had it good so I can't complain sksksksks.

The endless teasing, the Honeymoon lyrics over that Lyric Book sold at Endless Summer yet no release date, the tour missing most of ultraviolence, Honeymoon leaking through store speakers... a nightmare, but a good one.

I think we've been told Honeymoon was done in early 2015,  but back then they were able to finish the albums much closer to the release date without the messy "vinyl backlog" thing. We know she was still recording for Lust For Life in early June for a July release.

Hmm this is interesting? I quite remember that quote but I thought it was that "early Honeymoon sessions were too close to Ultraviolence sound" as in Ultraviolence final, which makes sense with snippets like Dark City and the fact she was just extending from the Ultraviolence mixing sessions

I think interesting is that she mentions and acknowledges the early Ultraviolence with Rick, specifying “Early sessions for Honeymoon sounded familiar to the early version of Ultraviolence” which is for sure the common sense, but it was just random she acknowledged that!

22 minutes ago, iktr said:

I think interesting is that she mentions and acknowledges the early Ultraviolence with Rick, specifying “Early sessions for Honeymoon sounded familiar to the early version of Ultraviolence” which is for sure the common sense, but it was just random she acknowledged that!

I can see her comparisons with stuff like JFK, Starry Eyed, Black Beauty demo, Hollywood, AFFA, Wild One, James Ford's SYTH and Fine China versions being from that time. Also, I wonder how the early actualy UV Rick Nowels demos sounded like yk, Fine China, Sad Girl, Shades of Cool, I Can Fly (we only got SYTH from thay bunch, right?).

so basically these are the scraps we know she recorded during that era:

1. Beautiful People (HM version/leaked)
  2. Black Magic Stars (Snippet)
  3. California (Leaked)
  4. Come With Me (Leaked)
  5. Crazy For You (Leaked)
  6. Cry Kill Die (Leaked)
  7. Dark City (Snippet)
  8. Dead To Me (Snippet)
  9. I Can Fly (Rework) (Unleaked)
  10. If I Die Young (Leaked)
  11. Paradise (Snippet)
  12. Yes To Heaven (one version of HM leaked)

7 minutes ago, Yes To Heaven said:

I wonder how much she worked on BP during HM era, I hope more of its demos from that era leak because it had a lot of potential.

22 minutes ago, Yes To Heaven said:

so basically these are the scraps we know she recorded during that era:

2. Black Magic Stars (Snippet)
  3. California (Leaked)
  4. Come With Me (Leaked)
  5. Crazy For You (Leaked)
  6. Cry Kill Die (Leaked)
  7. Dark City (Snippet)
  8. Dead To Me (Snippet)
  9. I Can Fly (Rework) (Unleaked)
  10. If I Die Young (Leaked)
  11. Paradise (Snippet)
  12. Yes To Heaven (one version of HM leaked)

I think the I can fly rework was the one for big eyes and I think beautiful people is also from big eyes but I think there is an unleaked version for Honeymoon