mybluenectarofthegods389

“Honeymoon” Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

2 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

I think Zodiac leaking would put an end to this conflict! 

No. LBcita and lanaismamom would argue who the producer was, when it was recorded, what state she recorded it in and what file type it was extracted in if that happened. 

5 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

No. LBcita and lanaismamom would argue who the producer was, when it was recorded, what state she recorded it in and what file type it was extracted in if that happened. 

:deadbanana:

7 hours ago, LBcita said:

except Dan recorded everything live so he couldn't change the production without changing the vocals...once again you just like making things up lmao gtfo

Well no...

It's recorded live but each instrument is also separately recorded including the vocals, it's very much possible to (and he did) change the production without touching the vocals and vice versa 

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

To add to what Lindsay Lohan said, if it was never produced after being recorded live no way it would sound the way it does on the album. Even Cherry Blossom and Nectar Of The Gods are recorded live and have vocal production.

I think that's more about lana saying she did 1 take and then went on for something else (but I'm also pretty sure we do have alt. takes for Pretty When You Cry so it's like... lol). Of course they then adjust it even with mininal production, but they can also just take the vocals and place over a different beat (especially something that is so "raw" and basically just vocal + guitar).

8 hours ago, LBcita said:

around this time the Daniel Johnston movie she did a cover for was also being worked on, and Once Upon A Dream too

the daniel johnston cover was already done in 2013 and once upon a dream- it was already out 11 months ago by the time of the interview release

6 hours ago, Strangelove said:

i wouldnt mind but these peacemakers just wont let me reaching that many pages:oprah3: 

4 hours ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

the daniel johnston cover was already done in 2013 and once upon a dream- it was already out 11 months ago by the time of the interview release

well this is what im talking about:omfg:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

22 hours ago, LBcita said:

notice how you pivoted to an entirely different song because the whole point was that Lana said herself she didn't go back and change PWYC?

and...this is proving my point??? rick produced the vocals and Kieron engineered them and so they are credited with the production of the song...  there's a reason Rick is credited here lmao

also notice how you completely ignored the part where I said "except Dan recorded everything live" because whether or not they ended up using different vocals when they mixed the song is not indicative of how the song was recorded, so let's just hear what Dan Auerbach had to say lol: "From how great the songs were to how confident she is as a musician to her fucking singing every song live, with a handheld microphone and a seven-piece band"

so if they recorded every song live with the band...and Lana didn't record the vocals or anything else for PWYC again then...

if all the reason you have to say something is Black Out Zone saying he thinks it could have happened...okay lol, I will continue to listen to Lana and her collaborators! here's what LDR said "I made it up on the spot with my guitar player and left it as it was with that session drummer, and just called it a day on that song."

LDR and Dan Auerbach vs BOZ? I'm not choosing BOZ lol

Preach, sister!

No but for real...I think the truth may lie somewhere in between? I don't think everything BOZ says is a lie but I also don't believe that everything he says is the ultimate truth. We've had soooo many insiders over the years and most of the time the information they shared turned out to be only semi-true or skewed because whatever they knew got contaminated with assumptions from them or others.

It's definitely better to stay a little skeptical at times.

3 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

thats all right when we all see the leak of pretty when you cry and Guns and Roses by Dan auerbach and this the most useless discussion Will Come to an end:oprah3:

I wasn’t talking about those, sweetie but you do you. You clearly don’t seem to understand what I've been saying but that’s okay.

25 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

I wasn’t talking about those, sweetie but you do you. You clearly don’t seem to understand what I've been saying but that’s okay.

i didnt quote u either:oprah3:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

No drama here please again, I love you all but we have to end this Dan Auerbach discussion, we're in Honeymoon thread afterall :tea::dorothy2:

url%5D

I remembered when there was a rumour that the second demo of The Blackest Day was called "Blackest Of Days" - was this debunked right? The second demo's name was just The Blackest Day?

url%5D

1 minute ago, Embach said:

I remembered when there was a rumour that the second demo of The Blackest Day was called "Blackest Of Days" - was this debunked right? The second demo's name was just The Blackest Day?

I thought the one demo we have was titled BOD?

8 minutes ago, The Siren said:

I thought the one demo we have was titled BOD?

Idk I somehow remember that the name itself was debunked somewhere (by Honeymouns?) but i'm starting to doubt it. Idk.

Do you know something about it @lanaismamom or even @Unknown?

url%5D

16 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

I wonder if there’s a Crazy For You demo produced by stint. The leaked demo is so serene and beautiful I can’t imagine a version with intense production, but then again there’s stony demos of Say Yes to Heaven and God Knows I Tried

As far as I know when it leaked, we were told it was demo 1 of 2.