mybluenectarofthegods389

“Honeymoon” Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

Embach, what's the date on the first recording for Terrence Loves You? I'm positive by the time she got to work with Mark the song couldn't possibly have ever been an early version. Because I'm reading here it was previously completed with Rick. 

9 minutes ago, Dior said:

Embach, what's the date on the first recording for Terrence Loves You? I'm positive by the time she got to work with Mark the song couldn't possibly have ever been an early version. Because I'm reading here it was previously completed with Rick. 

We don't know anything about the recording dates for Honeymoon era songs but as @Unknown said, Terrence Loves You was part of early 2015 Honeymoon sessions. But besides those articles I posted here, we don't know anything about Mark Ronson demos and work for Honeymoon.

PS! If you want to mention or tag someone, you can reply to someone by using the "Quote" button or tag someone using "@". For example, like @Dior:)

url%5D

Just now, Embach said:

We don't know anything about the recording dates for Honeymoon era songs but as @Unknown said, Terrence Loves You was part of early 2015 Honeymoon sessions. But besides those articles I posted here, we don't know anything about Mark Ronson demos and work for Honeymoon.

PS! If you want to mention or tag someone, you can reply to someone by using the "Quote" button or tag someone using "@". For example, like @Dior:)

Thank you for the information. I quote you now.

If Terrence Loves You is from early 2015 (January, February, March) then when they met in April 2015 Terrence Loves You would have been across the early version stage. Someone mentioned David Bowie dying had an influence on the title which makes sense. If he died January 2015, honestly, I'm positive whatever version they made with Rick earlier on is what they released. That's why I am saying he misspoke. I believe he got the song mixed up and meant to say another song. That's just my theory though. I doubt she was revisiting that song with Mark; I think she was making new songs.  

Just now, Dior said:

If Terrence Loves You is from early 2015 (January, February, March) then when they met in April 2015 Terrence Loves You would have been across the early version stage. Someone mentioned David Bowie dying had an influence on the title which makes sense. If he died January 2015, honestly, I'm positive whatever version they made with Rick earlier on is what they released. That's why I am saying he misspoke. I believe he got the song mixed up and meant to say another song. That's just my theory though. I doubt she was revisiting that song with Mark; I think she was making new songs.  

Bowie died in January 2016. 

Even if she and Rick had already created Terrence Loves You, it can still be reworked by an other producer. For example, in January, this year, BOZ the insider said that when Lana met Dan Auerbach, he reworked Guns & Roses and Pretty When You Cry too but Lana released the early versions of the songs on the album made by Rick Nowels and Blake Stranathan respectively.

url%5D

Just now, Embach said:

Even if she and Rick had already created Terrence Loves You, it can still be reworked by an other producer. For example, in January, this year, BOZ the insider said that when Lana met Dan Auerbach, he reworked Guns & Roses and Pretty When You Cry too but Lana released the early versions of the songs on the album made by Rick Nowels and Blake Stranathan respectively.

Oh wow how did I totally mismark the year? Epic fail. Yes I have seen posts from BlackoutZone about that, good point. 

19 hours ago, Unknown said:

yeah i just forgot about GKIT tbh :toofunny: the demo that leaked features production by STINT along with SYTH, Blackest Day and Freak Like Me

oh, i just thought that god knows i tried was made in 2015 and by that time lana had dropped already that beat sounding, thank u for clarifying:) 1 last questions, was beautiful people ever intended to be on honeymoon?

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

3 hours ago, Embach said:

So what you’re saying is there are unleaked DAN demos of PWYC and G&R….. 

hm inch resting

giphy.gif

But is the 'Paradise' recorded during these sessions the same leaked song we have by that name? The one that's 3:40 and sounds like it came from the BTD era or earlier, based on the way she sings it? 

4 hours ago, Dior said:

Isn't the song ('Terrence Loves You') about David Bowie, about him and his brother, Terrence? 

Just now, Vertimus said:

But is the 'Paradise' recorded during these sessions the same leaked song we have by that name? The one that's 3:40 and sounds like it came from the BTD era or earlier, based on the way she sings it? 

The “i would fall down dead” and we only have snippet of is a Honeymoon outtake from 2015. The full hiphopish one is indeed a Born to Die outtake from spring 2011

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

Nope. Two different songs!

the Honeymoon Paradise is the snippet that interpolates a verse from “Axl Rose Husband” 

the latter is a Born To Die outtake!

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

Nope. Two different songs!

the Honeymoon Paradise is the snippet that interpolates a verse from “Axl Rose Husband” 

Got it, thank you both, blackenedrussianpoetry and Veinsineon. That makes perfect sense, as the one I'm referring to doesn't sound like 'Honeymoon,' the album, at all. 

9 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Got it, thank you both, blackenedrussianpoetry and Veinsineon. That makes perfect sense, as the one I'm referring to doesn't sound like 'Honeymoon,' the album, at all. 

Just another California (2015) / California (2017) situation :bop:

also, who is doing these edits on lanapedia mistook it, i can fly never intended for honeymoon and in 2014 it was reworked into a film (released) version, and original 2013 version remains unleaked

On 6/20/2023 at 11:49 PM, Dior said:

lanaismamom, if you're saying we know of all the finalized and fully produced songs even I think that's a stretch. It's more than common for her to record a fully produced song in a single day with a producer as a one-off thing. Look to her session with Barry when she was in Italy touring as I've read. And also the only way Sugary Sweet wasn't either sent to Lana or sent to a producer would fans having direct access to her iPhone or computer which I have already discussed why that isn't plausible. 

I am not going against the fact we know probably a majority of songs included in the process of making Honeymoon.  I just dispute the idea she recorded a measly 19 songs "finalized" and there aren't more fans are unaware of. I consider audio like Melancholia and Pussy to be finalized enough to be songs. 

I mean Lana herself said her hard drive has been remote accessed, the original mega leak was a hack, and her laptop got stolen lol there are multiple ways people might get files local only to her iPhone or laptop 

23 hours ago, Embach said:

BOZ was speculating and he was wrong

"I didn’t even think to go back and fix it"

"I didn't go back and try to sing it better"

- LDR on PWYC

On 6/22/2023 at 10:29 AM, LBcita said:

BOZ was speculating and he was wrong

"I didn’t even think to go back and fix it"

"I didn't go back and try to sing it better"

- LDR on PWYC

except he wasnt and he was right, what u linked is about vocals while dan auerbach made production changes not vocals:toofloppy:

A Lana interview from FUSE Magazine, released on December 3, 2014.

"I'm working on a new record," she confirmed. "I'm always writing small pieces for independent films, etc. Dan Heath and Rick Nowels are two of my dearest friends and producers and we are always up to something."

Does that mean that she wrote more songs for movies during Honeymoon sessions? She was interviewed when Big Eyes and I Can Fly was already out. She could've meant Life Is Beautiful but she already wrote that song in 2012. Also do we know in which songs Dan Heath was involved in? We only know Life Is Beautiful 2015 version right? :um2:

url%5D