mybluenectarofthegods389

“Honeymoon” Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

6 hours ago, americangothic said:

She must truly love "I Can Fly", if she considered for both "Honeymoon" (2015) and "Blue Banisters" (2021), even AFTER she already released it for the "Big Eyes" soundtrack.

i feel like the only reason it was considered for blue banisters was cus of the phoenix lyric and it’s relation to chuck’s daughter - the song itself sounds very much like a soundtrack to a movie though 

Honeymoon was her most interesting era, older fans know that. It was her last time being an enigma, yet at the same time she was extremely revealing. From this thread it was also the first album to not include older material. Obviously there are more songs she recorded for Honeymoon, but I can't help but to think she was heavily inspired by her Lizzy era with posting from her Taylor Secman account because that was a Lizzy era moniker on her Twitter. 

2 minutes ago, BartenderDeco said:

someone make a thread like this but for norman

include LFL deluxe, LA who am i, get dark and the interesting post lfl song

interesting post lfl song is called poetry in motion and actually a lfl outtake

26 minutes ago, Break Me Down said:

Wait when did we find this out

http://lanaboards.com/topic/16417-snippet-cry-kill-die/?do=findComment&comment=1594202

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

12 minutes ago, Dior said:

Honeymoon was her most interesting era, older fans know that. It was her last time being an enigma, yet at the same time she was extremely revealing. From this thread it was also the first album to not include older material. Obviously there are more songs she recorded for Honeymoon, but I can't help but to think she was heavily inspired by her Lizzy era with posting from her Taylor Secman account because that was a Lizzy era moniker on her Twitter. 

im pretty sure thats everything she recorded for hm, many insiders told so plus lana said she recorded 'around 16 songs' 

2 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

Sorry lanaismamom I think I misspoke, I mean demo wise like voice memos on her phone or something. I doubt she only recorded less than 20 songs. She is an unreliable source historically... But we really will never know. 

16 minutes ago, Dior said:

Sorry lanaismamom I think I misspoke, I mean demo wise like voice memos on her phone or something. I doubt she only recorded less than 20 songs. She is an unreliable source historically... But we really will never know. 

oh thats definitely there are much more demos exist, I can even list the ones weve been told of

leaked

god knows

freak like me too

freak like me too alt. mix

the blackest day

unleaked

Pink flamingos (earliest version of music to watch Boys to) 

music to watch Boys to (demos) 

terrence loves you (Mark ronson version) 

freak demo 2 (desctibed to have Phil spector like production) 

art deco demo 

soft Ice cream (salvatore demo) 

religion (Demo) 

honeymoon (demos) 

4 songs with a lowered key

80s sound early demos

alleged demos

the blackest Day (Demo 2)

get high (high by the beach demo) 

Every song has a demo, so I wonder if anyone who has heard them if there was ever a modern "Lizzy" vibe like we saw with Get Free, A&W. Also the Honeymoon home video was an obvious tribute to her Lizzy era films. It's such a strange and complex period of time it's no wonder many fans dislike it. 

2 hours ago, BartenderDeco said:

someone make a thread like this but for norman

include LFL deluxe, LA who am i, get dark and the interesting post lfl song

tbh we could create threads like this for almost every album (maybe except bb) - Lana's creative process is so fascinating

archiving any ldr-related stuff I can find (like, literally)

LANA DEL REY TRACKER

last.fm

163c956c5fc19ea25e79f89d6eec3b83.gif

53 minutes ago, Veinsineon said:

David Bowie passing away

But he passed away in early 2016, i don't know if there were any rumors or news going around about his health prior to that though.

I wonder if the "Space Oddity"-sample bridge was added later on and that sparked the change

6 hours ago, Dior said:

Every song has a demo, so I wonder if anyone who has heard them if there was ever a modern "Lizzy" vibe like we saw with Get Free, A&W. Also the Honeymoon home video was an obvious tribute to her Lizzy era films. It's such a strange and complex period of time it's no wonder many fans dislike it. 

That makes it all the more alluring to me. The ridiculously fast turnaround between UV and HM, both of which are such strong and grand records and yet visually and sonically they couldn't be more different is so fascinating. 

And the fact that she made an account for HM...it was special to her as well.

I really hope we get an interview some day where she talks about it again like she did with Swan Song prior to DYKTTATUOB

4 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

i would suppose its rick nowels demo

I remember when the demo leaked, some fans speculated that Mark Ronson was the producer of the demo.

url%5D

I don't know if this makes sense but Swan Song could be one of the last songs she recorded since the lyrics are similar to the ones of the LfL demo.

"The world can change in a day if you go away"

-------------

"It's funny how some things just change in a day, or even in an hour"

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

10 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

so apparently god knows demo wasnt created by stint, it also explains that the song was made in 2015

Who said this?

5 hours ago, x VB said:

I don't know if this makes sense but Swan Song could be one of the last songs she recorded since the lyrics are similar to the ones of the LfL demo.

"The world can change in a day if you go away"

-------------

"It's funny how some things just change in a day, or even in an hour"

Probably not since on January and February she was in California and the song was recorded in New York

12 hours ago, Dior said:

I am an older fan, although I never bothered to sign up until recently and quite frankly… that era was BORING as hell.

No tour, only few performances (most of the album remains never performed) and the only proper original video we go was High By the Beach and even that video was kinda shit (like the song).

The best thing was the album photoshoot. That’s about it.