Lana to be featured on 'Life Lesson' from Jon Batiste's new album - Out Now

4 minutes ago, Lanasvape said:

I also think it’s about Sean. And I think it’s also about his new wife. I like that Lana isn’t just insulting her and is rather complementing her, and referring to her as “a blessing” to Lana for getting her away from Sean. It’s such a beautiful song. 

yep and I think that was also the intention with her covering stand by your man at the recent shows. I think she felt more compelled to speak to her rather than him. I think that's powerful. 

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

It’s a special sonf. I think I like it after one listen

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

3 minutes ago, Lanaspoisonivy said:

yep and I think that was also the intention with her covering stand by your man at the recent shows. I think she felt more compelled to speak to her rather than him. I think that's powerful. 

Exactly. It all ties together. Listening to it I instantly thought of the way she’s been preforming “stand by your man” recently. 

1 minute ago, Lanasvape said:

Exactly. It all ties together. Listening to it I instantly thought of the way she’s been preforming “stand by your man” recently. 

I've said this time and time again. With lana nothing is a coincidence, every single thing she does/says is with intention and I love that. 

People are hating on the cover too btw and it's such a shame because her rendition is absolutely beautiful. 

5 minutes ago, Lanaspoisonivy said:

I've said this time and time again. With lana nothing is a coincidence, every single thing she does/says is with intention and I love that. 

People are hating on the cover too btw and it's such a shame because her rendition is absolutely beautiful. 

Wait what I haven’t seen anything about the cover. It’s absolutely beautiful how can you hate it??? 😭

Wait what I haven’t seen anything about the cover. It’s absolutely beautiful how can you hate it??? 😭

go on show specific threads and you'll see...

2 minutes ago, Lanaspoisonivy said:

go on show specific threads and you'll see...

God I can’t believe this fandom sometimes. Like there’s personal preference, and then there’s disrespect. I just keep seeing all these posts about people who hate her new work and just keep thinking back to the lyrics (like I said before)

“just another folk song,

but anyway…

i try so hard, but that’s ok

its how the light gets in”

These people will see this woman pour her heart out onto the table for us, and they can only say how they liked her before or they “are sick of all these piano ballads” 

she’s being so personal and open and y’all will just chalk it up to “just another folk song”

sorry for the ramble I get heated when it comes to this 😅

God I can’t believe this fandom sometimes. Like there’s personal preference, and then there’s disrespect. I just keep seeing all these posts about people who hate her new work and just keep thinking back to the lyrics (like I said before)

“just another folk song,

but anyway…

These people will see this woman pour her heart out onto the table for us, and they can only say how they liked her before or they “are sick of all these piano ballads” 

she’s being so personal and open and y’all will just chalk it up to “just another folk song”

I am totally with you and I must admit, I often get upset. That's why I just disengage when I see people being entitled or disrespectful.

26 minutes ago, CandyRaye said:

Are any of you listening to this song? Why all the bad reviews? It’s absolutely beautiful. I knew it would be fabulous because I absolutely love Candy Necklace. They make magic together.  

Their magic can stop with this and she always can record a new song or an album with Barrie  😌

33 minutes ago, Actor said:

Their magic can stop with this and she always can record a new song or an album with Barrie  😌

Candy Necklace >>>> Riverside :xgiggle:

:icant:  Did You Know That The B***h Emptied My Bank Account? :icant:

cASqFK.699fdee4f96aae1cc420d1731bf36fa7-

40 minutes ago, Lanasvape said:

“just another folk song,

but anyway…

This is exactly why I’ve been less and less present in these forums (until LDRX starts to take shape). It’s kind of exhausting to keep reading the same recycled “ugh this is boring”, “ugh I wish she could go back to doing bangers”, “ugh not another piano ballad” comments over and over again without any depth to them. 

With that being said, I respect this song a lot and I love the lyricism as per usual but I don’t think it all gels for me, sometimes it sounds like they’re in two different songs entirely.

IMG-7960.jpg

21 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

This is exactly why I’ve been less and less present in these forums (until LDRX starts to take shape). It’s kind of exhausting to keep reading the same recycled “ugh this is boring”, “ugh I wish she could go back to doing bangers”, “ugh not another piano ballad” comments over and over again without any depth to them. 

With that being said, I respect this song a lot and I love the lyricism as per usual but I don’t think it all gels for me, sometimes it sounds like they’re in two different songs entirely.

As much as I like her pop-y music, I really like the piano ballads, they are deep and emotional. Pure poetry. I love when she makes me feel something. 8eff42a20d58172c7471811d55c468d8045f7f16

50fb032d9879fce096cb0040119b2481354c3eac

I love you, but you don’t understand me.

-Lana Del Rey

50 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

I totally agree, and on your criticisms of the song I totally get that. Sometimes it sounds funky but it’s grown on me. At least that’s more constructive criticism than “this is boring” tho 💀

3 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

Jon Batiste I can assure you that I won't listen to this messy song ever again

I bet he’s shaking in his boots knowing YOU of all people won’t listen to his song ever again. I bet you’re really making a big dent in his bank account. How ever will he recover from this 🙁

I actually love the lyrics to this song. And I definitely think it’s about Sean too.

LOL when people ask Lana to go back to doing “bangers” I never know what they mean cause it’s not like she’s ever had any??! 
unless they mean BTD… if that’s the case, I’d rather listen to Life Lesson all day long 😳

23 minutes ago, Lanasvape said:

I bet he’s shaking in his boots knowing YOU of all people won’t listen to his song ever again. I bet you’re really making a big dent in his bank account. How ever will he recover from this 🙁

loll yea he should