Sign in to follow this  
LBcita

Rank LDR Epics

Rank LDR Epics from each album!

I'm loosely defining "epics" but basically the songs that fit the vibe of being powerful, iconic, often but not always long, often fan favs, from each album - I feel like there's fair contenders from each album so feel free to substitute out your own but I wanna see ur rankings...this was harder to decide than I thought

1. COCC: White Dress

2. NFR!: Venice Bitch (tie) (my NFR choice but I think if I put the Greatest here the ranking would be the same)

2. DYKTTATUOB: A&W (tie)

4. Lust for Life: Heroin (tie) (my lfl choice but I feel like Change and Get Free fit the bill too)

4. Paradise: Ride (tie)

6. Blue Banisters: Dealer

7. Honeymoon: The Blackest Day (my HM choice though again I think title track, Terrence, and 24 could all be considered epics)

8. BTD: Off to the Races

9. Ultraviolence: Cruel World (if I chose Old Money or Black Beauty UV would probably rank higher hmm) 

just to be clear I do think Cruel World would be number 1 period in many other artists' discographies BUT I put it lowest here as a reflection of how good the other songs are

Hm I love "epic" music, I think this would be the most "epic" song from each record, not necessarily the best or the most iconic

Born to Die

Ride

Cruel World

The Blackest Day

Heroin

The greatest

White Dress

Arcadia

Grandfather

From these songs, this would be my ranking:

The Blackest Day

White Dress

Born to Die

The greatest

Grandfather

Ride

Arcadia

Heroin

Cruel World

(Love them all though)

1. yayo

2. off to the races

3. heroin

4. a&w

5. cruel world

6. wildflower wildfire

7. venice bitch

8. ride

9. white dress

10. the blackest day

x14CtFn.gif  89cxvIN.gif  BolwSzs.gif

i  h a v e  a  d i s c o  b a l l  m i n d  . . .  l i g h t s  f l a s h i n g  a l l  o f  t h e  t i m e

29 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

1. yayo

2. off to the races

3. heroin

4. a&w

5. cruel world

6. wildflower wildfire

7. venice bitch

8. ride

9. white dress

10. the blackest day

oh the TASTE :krylie:

😋🫶🏼

1. Ride

2. Venice Bitch 

3. Yayo

4. White Dress

5. A&W 

6. The Blackest Day

7. Off to the Races

8. Cruel World

9. Heroin 

10. WFWF

These are all some of my fave Lana songs besides heroin and wfwf, and I would definitely say get free is the “epic” of lfl tbh

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 and 2. A&W and Venice Bitch (tied)

3. Ride

4. Chemtrails over the Country Club

5. Born to Die

6 and 7. Cruel World and Wildflower Wildfire (tied)

8. Yayo

9. The Blackest Day

10. Heroin

Out of the epics you selected my ranking would be-

1. Ride

2. Off To The Races

3. A&W

4. Venice Bitch

5. Cruel World (tie)

6. The Blackest Day (tie)

7. White Dress

8. Heroin

9. Dealer

I very much overplayed Heroin and Dealer, they were once my favorite songs. Also the Cruel World and The Blackest Day are ties, I ranked them based on release date. 

My ranking from my epics-

1. Ride

2. Off To The Races

3. A&W

4. Venice Bitch

5. Get Free

6. Cruel World (tie)

7. The Blackest Day (tie)

8. White Dress

9. Dealer

I LOVE White Dress, it hurts me that it is this low </3 

If AKA was included, I would say the epic is Yayo and it would be high up on my rankings :flutter:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

Bold of you to assume that I can rank her most epic songs from each album :oic2:

I can try though :hooker: but I'll just rank based on my current mood:

The epics you chose:

1. The Blackest Day

2. Heroin

3. Off To The Races

4. Cruel World

5. White Dress

6. Venice Bitch

7. A&W

8. Ride

9. Dealer

My chosen epics (including Sirens, AKA, Violet Bent Backwards and one leaked unreleased song). I chose the epics based on the impact they have on the album (the iconicness, the power, the most memorable moment in the album, the song being a fan or GP favorite, but not by length)

1. West Coast (this song has every great quality to be an epic song, everything about it is so epic, from the end to the start, from the intro to the outro, just everything)

2. The Blackest Day (the bridge itself is already the most epic thing Lana has written, the song is just so incredible, the melodies create such a great tension and the melodies become only bigger and bigger, by structure lyrically and sonically, it is THE SONG and it's a very perfect song)

3. Heroin (I'd describe that song the same way I described The Blackest Day, I consider this song a sister song or a part 2 to The Blackest Day; this song is so amazing, the storytelling and production is perfect, the build-up is just so insane and beautiful)

4. Video Games (a classic LDR song, created herstory)

5. Fine China (it's also such a classic LDR songs with great metaphors, it's my second favorite unreleased song from her)

6. Sportscruiser (it's even more underrated than people think, she's telling a really great story there, the way she's describing it, it is so engaging)

7. White Dress (I know it's a fan favorite but people don't understand the POWER is it holding, it's so vulnerable yet so powerful)

8. Kill Kill (it was my first favorite unreleased song when I became a LDR stan, it's such a classic Lizzy Grant song, I love it :flutter:)

9. Venice Bitch (I think with time I have appreciated the song more and more, it's actually a lot more simpler and carefree song than I used to think, it has a really great nostalgia element to it and the longer and more intense the song gets, the more nostalgic it gets, it's perfect for long summer/the end of summer road trips; I realised how connected I actually was to that song thematically when it was released. But I didn't really pay attention to it because it was released in a very weird time of my life)

10. A&W (this song is so insane and I mean it in a good way, the beginning is so mysterious yet sad, it sounds like a mini documentary and when it gets to the end it just gets more intense and insane, it sounds like a celebration yet the meaning is still sad, the Jimmy part really reminds me of Lizzy Grant; sadly I don't really have great memories with this song, it was a really difficult time for me when this song came out)

11. A Star For Nick (my favorite unreleased song ever from Lana, I just get chills everytime I listen to it, it's the most May Jailer song ever and it describes that era perfectly, it's like an introduction to May Jailer :legend:)

12. Ride (the song is amazing but I don't have really great memories with this song)

13. Dealer (I just have worst memories ever attached to it and because of that it's not really easy for me to listen to that song, even though the song is really great)

This is my ranking...I guess. I don't know why I added descriptions and why I wrote such long descriptions but that's who I am...:prettyhurts: I am weird and the ranking is weird too, a lot of them is ranked by emotions and memories, but I was objevtive in a way that all of the songs are actually very amazing and they are the most epic songs from each albums, but the top 3 of my chosen songs are probably my favorite Lana songs of all-time too. :legend:

Edited by Embach
I got my shit together and started actually ranking and choosing the most epic songs. But I did it in a weird way, as always.

url%5D

my selection: born to die, ride, cruel world, high by the beach, heroin, the next best american record, dark but just a game, dealer, a&w

ranking:

1. the next best american record

2. a&w

3. heroin

4. dark but just a game

5. cruel world

6. dealer

7. high by the beach

8. born to die

9. ride

15 hours ago, Embach said:

Bold of you to assume that I can rank her most epic songs from each album :oic2:

(including Sirens, AKA, Violet Bent Backwards and one leaked unreleased song). 

well I would absolutely agree with Sportcruiser, and I'd probably choose Your Girl, Pawn Shop Blues or Oh Say Can You See, and Pretty Baby but I have no idea how I would rerank...also pure personal preference I would say Wild at Heart is the true epic from Chemtrails but also White Dress is flawless

15 hours ago, revadece said:

my selection: born to die, ride, cruel world, high by the beach, heroin, the next best american record, dark but just a game, dealer, a&w

taste