Sign in to follow this  
♥Love♥Lana♥Like♥Life

HYPOTHETICAL: MTV Unplugged with LANA

No what really would've been cool is if the MTV making the video specials still existed and they had done it for Born to die.. was just thinking about that the other day. sigh

this! If MTV was cool like the old days, we will have Lana 24/7, I'm telling ya

tumblr_nqgjv3rg7p1si48w3o1_540.gif

Monicker and I are probably the only ones here old enough to remember when MTV was still cool. Once upon a time they actually played MUSIC VIDEOS! :ohmy:

I remember I was at a friend's house and they were playing Nirvana's "Heart-shaped Box" and it just struck me

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I remember I was at a friend's house and they were playing Nirvana's "Heart-shaped Box" and it just struck me

You know, every time she says this i think of the episode of My So-Called Life when Angela is at the house party and Jordan Catalano is trying to have sex with her. Am i alone in thinking this? My So-Called Life? Anyone? ....

Monicker and I are probably the only ones here old enough to remember when MTV was still cool. Once upon a time they actually played MUSIC VIDEOS! :ohmy:

Naw, i bet PrettyBaby sat in front of the tube as a kid swooning over Axl Rose and other hair boys.

Also, while we're on the subject. 1985:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oCPNMZuWwI

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

You know, every time she says this i think of the episode of My So-Called Life when Angela is at the house party and Jordan Catalano is trying to have sex with her. Am i alone in thinking this? My So-Called Life? Anyone? ....

yeeessss. i watched that, freaks and geeks, and party of five religiously.

i actually was old enough to watch mtv videos, they didn't start room raiders and all of that stuff til the early 2000's. but with youtube, i don't think they really need to. it's a teen mom network now (my guilty pleasure lol)

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

You know, every time she says this i think of the episode of My So-Called Life when Angela is at the house party and Jordan Catalano is trying to have sex with her.

[insert "Jared Leto" soundbite from "Last Girl on Earth" here.]

And I see your Dead Kennedys and raise you Dire Straits ft. Sting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy6ennSQGbs

(First song ever played on MTV Europe.)

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Haa i watched those two also (amongst others). Party of Five, Wednesday nights at 8. What tragedy will strike the Salinger family this week.

[insert "Jared Leto" soundbite from "Last Girl on Earth" here.]

And I see your Dead Kennedys and raise you Dire Straits ft. Sting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy6ennSQGbs

(First song ever played on MTV Europe.)

I raise you Daniel Johnston. A little elusive at first, but the message is in there:

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I remember when Mtv played videos. I have the mtv hits channel which still plays videos but I haven't seen Lana on it. If Mtv was programmed like it was back in the 80s and 90s I have a feeling that Lana' videos would be in heavy rotation.

umm, no, i belong to that bygone era as well! i was practically raised on MTV, i never went through the "kids music" phase ("sesame street" or whatever)...i had MTV on all day with a videocassette on cue, ready to record the videos i liked! what joy, after all the expectation, when your favorite vids came on! :oprah: (i can imagine how inconceivable this is to those who only know the experience of seeing videos on youtube). and you could still discover good bands! who would've thought it would one day come to this, a fucking low-brow reality TV channel with crap videos played only as filler between shows?????

i actually was old enough to watch mtv videos, they didn't start room raiders and all of that stuff til the early 2000's. but with youtube, i don't think they really need to. it's a teen mom network now (my guilty pleasure lol)

Haa i watched those two also (amongst others). Party of Five, Wednesday nights at 8. What tragedy will strike the Salinger family this week.

HA! i loved "party of five" and was so enamored of "charlie salinger" (matthew fox as "jack" on "lost" killed that)...but lord was it a depressing show!

I raise you Daniel Johnston. A little elusive at first, but the message is in there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1NStcey_AQ

oh my, never thought i'd see good old daniel j. on lanaboards! i was just playing "true love will find you in the end" on my guitar ♥

http://youtu.be/xNXTh4A4uS0

I am Rayanne Graff, perpetually.

tumblr_nbdq8rb2Ps1qz85zpo1_400.png

How would you like that?

A MTV Unplugged concert and cd with LANA???

Where should it take place?

What instruments should be used?

What songs should be sung?

this would be amazing, and the added bonus should be that obviously all the songs on her setlist would be re-arranged to be acoustic and lana would play the guitar!!!!!! AAAH! can you imagine? :crying: lana, lizzy and may finally integrated, performing as one ♥ it'd be an intimate little show, with low lights (?), in MTV's new york studios. one can only dream :)