Ultra Violet

Israel-Palestine conflict (Israel-Hamas war)

4 minutes ago, ep11 said:

This is the second time you've brought up racism, first Oscar, now me. You must see the world in a kaleidoscope of racism.

Allies of IDF are as wide and as varied as they come. There are some Muslim IDF soldiers. You are aware of this right?

I just know it’s not easy to approach or even look at the topic (especially given where your support lies) without first accepting the disproportionate treatment of “Palestinian people” due to the apartheid state- And how many supporters of said state, are Inherently supporting of the racism , subjugation to violence , and lack of human rights they are allowed as well.

6 minutes ago, ep11 said:

This is the second time you've brought up racism, first Oscar, now me. You must see the world in a kaleidoscope of racism.

Allies of IDF are as wide and as varied as they come. There are some Muslim IDF soldiers. You are aware of this right?

didn't you just call someone a donkey lover? Sounds like racist zionist filth to me.

It was a funny image in my mind, no harm intended by it. If anyone should be offended it should be me, by your very personal attack on my supposed mental state for simply stating I side with Israel. 

threadbare tapestry unwinding slow.

I am dropping out of this thread until the hostility dies down a bit. I tried to retract some of my insensitive statements.. but it seems people with the utmost Left political stances don't want peace and resolution. EVER. This is the state of the world and of internet forums apparently.

threadbare tapestry unwinding slow.

6 minutes ago, LolitasCherries said:

Can somebody summarize what's going on and who started it bc I'm so confused rn..

Well, israel committed a genocide killing 12,000 men, women and children. But some Lanablard members are celebrating that - because they havent taken their meds. That's it, it's all you missed.

9 minutes ago, ep11 said:

I am dropping out of this thread until the hostility dies down a bit. I tried to retract some of my insensitive statements.. but it seems people with the utmost Left political stances don't want peace and resolution. EVER. This is the state of the world and of internet forums apparently.

The first line in this post is the only smart thing you've said all day. We don't like zionists around here. So, scram.

6 minutes ago, ep11 said:

i don't consider myself utmost left remotely yet i am still utterly disgusted with you. if you want to leave the thread you can leave but you can do so without throwing blanket statements to cover all who disagree with you, just go :scajo:

giphy.gif

Just now, LolitasCherries said:

Ik I sound slow but what's that??

honestly just google it bc there's so much information out there a youtube video or a documentary of sorts might be the best way to get information on it if you don't know, it will be hard to get a cohesive knowledge on this from just an answer here

this is from 2020, so it does not cover the recent events but it will teach you about the occupation

https://academic.oup.com/ejil/article/31/3/1055/5903619

giphy.gif

I found this on BBC news

Hamas gunmen launched an unprecedented assault on Israel from the Gaza Strip on 7 October, killing 1,200 people and taking about 240 hostages.

The Israeli military responded with air strikes on Gaza, and launched a ground offensive. More than 14,800 people have been killed in Gaza, according to the Hamas-run government.

A pause in fighting to allow the exchange of hostages for Palestinian held in Israeli prisons has been extended again.

What is the goal of Israel's military operation in Gaza?

Israel Defense Forces (IDF) warplanes have been carrying out strikes across Gaza while its troops have been moving through the north of the territory.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said Israel has a "clear goal of destroying Hamas's military and governing capabilities", as well as freeing the hostages.

He has also declared that Israel will have "overall security responsibility" for the Gaza Strip "for an indefinite period" after the conflict, but Israel later said it has no plans to reoccupy the territory.

Israel has drafted 300,000 reservists for the operation, to boost its standing force of 160,000.

Map of Gaza, showing urban areas, refugee camps and border crossing between Gaza, Israel and Egypt. The map also shows the buffer zone declared by Israel

The IDF says it has struck thousands of targets belonging to Hamas - which Israel, the UK, US and other Western powers class as a terrorist organisation.

The IDF also says it has destroyed hundreds of tunnel shafts built underneath Gaza. Hamas has claimed that its tunnel network stretches for 500km (310 miles).

Israel claims to have killed thousands of Hamas fighters during the war, including many commanders. More than 390 Israeli soldiers have been killed, most of them in the 7 October attack.

Who are the hostages and how is the ceasefire working?

During the 7 October attacks,Hamas took about 240 hostages, which it said were hidden in "safe places and tunnels" within Gaza.

Israel said more than 30 of the hostages were children, and that at least 10 were aged over 60. It also said about half of the hostages had foreign passports from 25 different countries.

Under a deal brokered by Qatar, a four-day pause in the fighting began on Friday 24 November, during which Hamas agreed to release 50 Israeli women and children. In return, Israel agreed to release 150 imprisoned Palestinian women and youths aged between 14 and 18.

The deal also allowed more humanitarian aid to be sent to Gaza.

ATEF SAFADI/EPA-EFE/REX/Shutterstock A Palestinian teen hugs a family member after being releasedATEF SAFADI/EPA-EFE/REX/Shutterstock

Large crowds have been gathering in the occupied West Bank to greet Palestinians released from Israeli jails

Israel offered an additional day's pause in the fighting for every 10 Israeli hostages freed.

By the evening of Wednesday 29 November, a total of 102 hostages had been freed in return for 210 prisoners. These include:

• 70 Israeli women and children freed under the deal between Israel and Hamas
  • 23 Thai hostages and one Filipino released under a separate deal between Hamas and Egypt
  • 3 Russian-Israelis (two women and one man) not included in these deals

Before Israel and Hamas agreed the temporary ceasefire, four Israeli hostages had been released and another wasfreed by Israeli forces.

There are thought to be about 140 people still in captivity.

Minutes before it was due to expire,the truce was extended again to allow international mediators to continue their negotiations.

Hamas has said other armed groups in Gaza are holding hostages, including Palestinian Islamic Jihad, which could complicate the release process.

What is happening on the ground in Gaza, and what is the humanitarian situation?

More than 36,000 people - three quarters of them children and women - have been wounded in Gaza since the start of the war, the Hamas-run government says.

However, only a small number of hospitals are still operational due to damage caused by attacks and the lack of electricity and fuel.

Mr Netanyahu has admitted that Israel has been "not successful" in minimising civilian casualties, but insisted this is because Hamas uses Gaza's population as human shields.

Getty Images Injured Palestinian men sit in a classroom at the Ras Al-Naqoura school in Khan Yunis, in the southern Gaza Strip on 22 November, 2023, after being transferred from the Indonesian Hospital in northern Gaza.

~I do admit when I called your other bitch I told a little lie~

Lana Del Rey reveals 'Ultraviolence' video | NBHAP

12 minutes ago, LolitasCherries said:

Ik I sound slow but what's that??

Well, we don’t have anything to really compare it to, because nothing has ever happened like it in history. Israel has been allowed to subjugate the people of Gaza and the West Bank to an apartheid (which means one group of people is allowed to have rights, whereas the other is not allowed certain rights) for decades. It’s extremely nuanced and complicated, and so for the most context I truly recommend reading some literature or watching some documentaries about it. 

the issue of today, is that Israel has declared “war” on Gaza. Which is the most densely populated city on earth, and also one of the poorest. They’ve been allowed to cut off water, electricity, foreign aid meaning medicine, food, and even fuel. Almost 60 hospitals have been bombed or destroyed. An incredible amount of schools, some of them funded by the United Nations. Not only does Israel not care about the lives of the hostages taken on October 7th, but on the same day it is being investigated that they killed the majority of their own people that day. Using a guerilla tactic known in Israel as the “Hannibal Directive” in which to prevent captives being taken, they are killed instead, in order to minimize the “threat”. All this to ask ourselves…. How can the occupier declare war on the occupied?

I understand my response is kinda scattered, and it’s truly because the situation would take me an entire novel to explain. But it should also be known that many of the prisoners in Israeli prisons are under the age of 18. so that’s why they are trying to exchange prisoners right now. Many have been held there for years and been robbed of their childhoods. Subject to abuse , starvation, etc.

33 minutes ago, LolitasCherries said:

Yes, but when I look at news sites it always mentions Palestine firing first...

If you want to believe the events of October 7th were random, and not the fallout of decades of dehumanization and illegal occupation , then I suppose you could say “Hamas attacked first”. 

but Hamas is a radical resistance militia , thus does not represent the millions of others living in the region, who are Palestinians. Meaning Arabs from the motherland. So no, “Palestine” did not start anything. And of the nearly 20,000 killed, Israel is still not willing to admit how many are innocent / how many are “Hamas” :biblio: which might be revealing…… because it is.

they don’t know :smh:

and before people harp on the fog of war argument, this is one of the most sophisticated militaries on the planet that we are talking about here……With almost $40 billion a year ALONE allocated specifically for military funding……you cannot tell me that they don’t have access to, or just might not know where and who they are bombing. 

And like I’ve said 1 million times before, “the war on terror” does not exist. War is terror. Isis still exists today. Al-Qaeda still exists today. The only thing military powers have ever accomplished in going to war on poor countries to exterminate “terrorism” is creating more terrorists. You can’t accomplish the abolition of resistance. It doesn’t happen. Soldiers in tanks firing at schools and hospitals and destroying livelihoods as they move from town to town does not erase terror. It creates more. WAR. IS. TERROR.

WAR. IS. A. CRIME.

Gaza is probably the most prime example of this violence machine known as the western war on terror…….half of the population in Gaza are children. Children who have never known anything but military occupation, military COURT, and the lack of human rights that their israeli counterparts are allowed. What do you think they will believe of western society after this? When children’s entire families are killed… what do you think they will turn to? They will want Justice too. They are children as well, not just “people under 18”. There is a reason that the United States did not accomplish anything in its wars in Afghanistan or Iraq. There is a reason most Americans were made to believe terrorism was beat with the killing of Osama bin Laden….. because as long as the idea of conflict remains polarized, it is easy to accomplish whatever else a government wants to on the basis of eliminating the enemy!!!!! In this case, maybe it’s land, maybe it’s ethnic cleansing, who knows!!!!!! But from what we can see, over the last 60 days of war, the hostages have NOT been the emphasis. Or the priority. Preserving the sanctity of human life is not a value held by the Zionist far right wing fascist  governing body. This is the exact reason you see thousands of Israelis, protesting, BB Netanyahu. Even their own don’t even want this to be done in their name. Because never in history, has a genocide been so blatant.

3 hours ago, ep11 said:

I'd like to see them try to attack a 6 ft 4 30 y/o man with a bullet vest and hand grenades. 

I thought I would come back to this to show something you said you’d like to see.

here are only two Al-Qassam resistance fighters. Feigning off an entire Squadron of 6ft4 30 y/o IDF men with bullet proof vests and hand grenades. With naught but a few warning shots and a flash bang :smh:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0AbAjfoO29/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

This thread has maintained its civility for the most part and am always happy to see ongoing discussion, learning, and data being shared amongst one another. Props to the majority of you for keeping this thread on track and civil. I often feel informed and can rely on many of you to share news stories on what’s going on in the region as this horrific war continues to unfold. 

That being said, I’ve noticed some users purposefully oversimplifying the topic at hand at various times. I’ve of course also seen the disgusting name-calling, which is so childish considering the real-life consequences the larger issue at hand has caused.

Learning from one another and listening to - or at the very least acknowledging - one another’s perspective should be what goes on here. Disagreement is expected, but respect goes a long way. It is tantamount to fostering a healthy dialogue. I understand that this issue is personal to some of you. I understand the passion that is behind some of these posts. I just ask for people to be reasonable. 

I will be warning those who have contributed to the hostility in this thread. If you can’t be nice, if you’re going to resort to name-calling, if you’re going to grossly oversimplify the war for personal purposes, then I recommend not commenting on the thread at all. There are places for more heated or vapid discussions other than Lanaboards. Please reach out if you’d like to discuss anything further!

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.