Ultra Violet

Israel-Palestine conflict (Israel-Hamas war)

god bless this girl. have been following her since the beginning of the war and she lost everything, except her cat! Who miraculously survived the bombardment of their own home!!! She is so strong. Her face and story is just one of millions. But she has been on my mind a lot, i fear its because she was one of the very few out of Gaza given a platform. But nonetheless, she is pretty much my age. My cat is my everything. It shakes me to think of this as a reality. For ANYONE!

there is a part at 7:22 where she says

"i dont know if you can see it now, but this is what it means to be Palestinian. to be destroyed over and over, and to just rebuild again and again."

What does it mean to be a Zionist?

I also have followed this youtuber for years, he is a student of language. Often touring highly "dangerous" places to document true life there.
He has been to so many countries, and his work is truly eye opening.

Here he is being harassed in Jerusalem

On 12/2/2023 at 1:40 PM, Veinsineon said:

god bless this girl. have been following her since the beginning of the war and she lost everything, except her cat! Who miraculously survived the bombardment of their own home!!! She is so strong. Her face and story is just one of millions. But she has been on my mind a lot, i fear its because she was one of the very few out of Gaza given a platform. But nonetheless, she is pretty much my age. My cat is my everything. It shakes me to think of this as a reality. For ANYONE!

there is a part at 7:22 where she says

"i dont know if you can see it now, but this is what it means to be Palestinian. to be destroyed over and over, and to just rebuild again and again."

What does it mean to be a Zionist?

Her latest post.

This is everyone's lives now that the ceasefire is over.

GAYjWCMWAAAxRyy?format=jpg&name=large

The second last paragraph. This is going to haunt people forever. It's going to be taught in schools like the Jewish Holocaust and children will once again ask "why couldnt other countries help them?" But who knows, they might not even be taught that their own countries were responsible for letting this happen.

Israel pulled their negotiations team from Qatar.

"A Hamas official tells Al Jazeera negotiations on prisoner exchanges are now over and will not resume until Israel halts it attack and hands over all Palestinian prisoners."

“Following the impasse in the negotiations and at the direction of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, David Barnea, head of the Mossad, ordered his team in Doha to return to Israel,”

Last deathtoll report was 15,523.

https://www.numbervisualizer.com/

Helpful to get a grasp of how many people have actually been killed. And not forget that these are not just numbers to tally up and forget about, they are real people that have died and won't be coming back, that have left behind families, or in many cases, actually had their whole families eradicated with them.

You can even change the icon from "dots" to "people".

I dare Israel supporters to go to this link, type in 15523 and convince themselves while scrolling down the page that attacking a city and killing this many civilians is okay because "self defence". I also dare Israel supporters to type 6387 and convince themselves that killing this many innocent children and babies is okay.

If eradicating Hamas is so important to you, why are innocent lives less important to you?

"People are being killed in Gaza more quickly, they say, than in even the deadliest moments of U.S.-led attacks in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan, which were themselves widely criticized by human rights groups."

The misinformation around the war is growing, so please be careful y’all. A hostage who was released into Israel by the name of Maya Regev has been especially latched on to. Allegedly her name has been changed in some articles & stories to Maya Bengi, with many claiming she refused to meet with Netanyahu citing blood on his hands.

I don’t think these stories are true.

She has been confirmed to be treated at the Soroka hospital along with her brother, and they are in good health. We are entering the part of history where details are often brushed over and nuances are saved. Please do not try and oversimplify the situation. It just creates more dichotomy. What we need is concise and efficient communication. Have a good day y’all! Stay safe!

According to reports Israel has alleged it has only killed about 1,000 “Hamas fighters and commanders”

UNDERLINING the Gross Negligence presented by the Israeli bombing campaign. Killing nearly 19,000 innocent people so far. This as it is announced they seek to pursue the fighting against Hamas into Lebanon , the Sinai peninsula, and Jordan…..

Something interesting to look into, Usbu’ Al-Shahada (the finger of Shahada)

To summarize what I’ve been reading, it’s the extension of the index finger upon death , and as it’s observed in Islam, as symbolic of the existence of a one true god. It’s been increasingly associated with the Palestinian people and those labeled “martyrs” (innocent people killed amidst the several conflicts).

Shaun King posted a video this morning with much more detail, but it’s of a decomposing corpse of a literal newborn. Being examined and discussed by a doctor he was brought to. He is explaining why the index finger is extended and why it is a symbol of hope. I won’t link it, because I don’t want anyone to have to see something like that. But you all know Shaun King and where to find it. It’s just so saddening.

I just wanted to say thank you to the people posting info about this awful genocide happening. I’ve honestly been kinda confused and having a hard time finding reliable resources for this situation. I’ve been seeing a lot of pro Israel news posts and it’s really disheartening. It is very appreciated :heart:

anyways RIP to all who have died and suffered this beyond horrific tragedy. I hope permanent ceasefire happens soon :(

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

The oldest Israeli newspaper (Haaretz) published an article yesterday (of course only available in Hebrew) debunking a lot of claims about the Hamas attacks.

https://www.haaretz.co.il/news/politics/2023-12-03/ty-article-magazine/.premium/0000018c-2036-d21c-abae-76be08fe0000

Non-paywall archive: https://archive.ph/2023.12.03-221527/https://www.haaretz.co.il/news/politics/2023-12-03/ty-article-magazine/.premium/0000018c-2036-d21c-abae-76be08fe0000#selection-5463.0-5471.386

-Only ONE baby was killed in Hamas attacks (Mila Cohen). A second baby was killed when a pregnant Bedouin woman traveling in the area was shot; she was taken to a hospital and gave birth but the baby died a few hours later

-The story of a baby being killed in an oven is completely false

-Claims about piles of dead children simply aren't true. There weren't even enough children who were killed to make these claims plausible, as most murdered children were found with their families

-Claim of pregnant woman having fetus cut out of her are also false. Supposed video of it isn't even from Israel

-There was no pregnant hostage taken by Hamas who gave birth in Hamas tunnels. The IDF has no record of a pregnant hostage at all

Some Google-translated excerpts, parts bolded by me:

-The X account (formerly Twitter) of the Prime Minister's Office also referred to the murder of babies, when it published very graphic photographs and wrote: "These are horrifying photos of babies murdered and burned by Hamas monsters." The tweet states that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu showed the photos to US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken. Similar descriptions were also circulated on behalf of an IDF officer. A few days ago, Kkar HaShabbat writer Yishai Cohen interviewed Lt. Col. Yaron Buskila from the Gaza Division. Buskila told about babies being hung on a clothesline, and similar words of his were quoted by the rightist Goel Vaaknin in X. Cohen wrote that after publication he was told that the story was inaccurate. "Why would an army officer invent such a horrifying story? I was wrong," he added.

-To this day, there is no known scene where children from several families were discovered, murdered together. This shows that Netanyahu's description in his conversation with US President Joe Biden, according to which Hamas terrorists "took dozens of children, tied them up, burned them and executed them", does not exactly correspond to the picture of reality.

-In Bari, nine minors were murdered, at least some of them were together with one of their parents and were murdered in their home, so it is not possible that 20 bodies were piled up in one place.

-But among Bari's dead were no children six or seven years old or close. House number 426 is in the Ashlim neighborhood, where mostly kibbutz veterans live - older people. Elderly families also lived in house number 426, a house with two apartments: Rafi Mordo was murdered in a massacre, while his neighbor, Simcha Shani, was injured. Shani and her husband did not tell about a pregnant woman or a family with small children staying at their home. A video was circulated on social media that allegedly depicts the murder of the pregnant woman, but the "Fake Reporter" organization and other sources reported that the video was not filmed in Israel at all. The kibbutz itself also denied the description, and said that "the story of the pregnant woman reported by Zaka is not relevant to Bari." The police are also not familiar with the case at all, and a source familiar with the examination of the bodies at Shura base also told Haaretz that he is not familiar with the case.

-The president of the Ihud Hatzala organization, Eli Bir, told about a baby who was put in a baking oven and burned to death. Bir said these things at a donor conference in the US, and from there the story unfolded, which was even published earlier this month in the Daily Mail, where the baby turned into babies. However, this story is also not true. Mila Cohen and the baby who died after its mother was shot in the stomach were the only babies murdered in the massacre, and the police have no evidence of a body that answers to these signs.

-Another claim, the veracity of which is highly questionable, was made by the Prime Minister's wife, Sara Netanyahu, in a letter she sent to the wife of the US President, Jill Biden. In the letter, Netanyahu wrote that one of the women kidnapped to the Gaza Strip was in her ninth month of pregnancy and that she gave birth in captivity of Hamas. On social media the photo of the abductee Natwari Mulkan, a citizen of Thailand, was distributed. The media outlet "The Hottest Place in Hell" published that Dr. Yahal Kurlander from Tel Hai Academic College and an aid group for agricultural workers spoke with the woman's family and acquaintances, who clarified that she was not pregnant. Similar things were also published in an investigation by "At" magazine. Whereas the Moked for Refugees and Immigrants, Ku LeOved and the Aid for Farm Workers organization published a statement according to which this is a rumor that is not based on anything. Molkan was released last Saturday and indeed it turned out that she was neither pregnant nor gave birth. Even the army currently has no information about a kidnapped pregnant woman, and in the security establishment it is treated as an unfounded rumor. There was no response from the Prime Minister's Office.

The comments left on the article are certainly pretty revealing about the mindset of Israeli citizens. They pretty much don't care whether things or true or not:

"Don't you have anything to write about? Just to help the Hamas propaganda machine. Is it burning now to write? Your "truths" are up in the air without any proof. Shame and shame on Haaretz newspaper. I have subscribed to the newspaper for decades and am considering canceling the subscription."

"Hundreds of Jewish citizens, men, women and children were slaughtered because of their Jewishness, a shocking war crime in itself. What is the urgency for the newspaper to be accurate in the numbers? Hamas "only" beheaded two children and Hamas tied up and burned "only" boys and not babies, the woman whose stomach was opened was not pregnant "just" an ordinary woman. An article that reeks of free hate. Is this the truth you want to publish? Shame on you!"

"A newspaper for stupid people. People saw everything on the Hamas website. What will they be waiting for you?!?"

"Unfortunately, even if these stories are wrong, there are more than enough other shocking stories. Do yourself a favor and don't get caught up in the details, it won't help you and will only make you sick. You are allowed not to read the details. This is also a struggle."

Edit: It turns out Haaretz published the same story on their English website today and it's on their front page: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-12-04/ty-article-magazine/.premium/hamas-committed-documented-atrocities-but-a-few-false-stories-feed-the-deniers/0000018c-34f3-da74-afce-b5fbe24f0000

Non-paywall archived link: https://archive.ph/20231204183617/https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-12-04/ty-article-magazine/.premium/hamas-committed-documented-atrocities-but-a-few-false-stories-feed-the-deniers/0000018c-34f3-da74-afce-b5fbe24f0000

20 hours ago, rosemead ramada said:

The oldest Israeli newspaper (Haaretz) published an article yesterday (of course only available in Hebrew) debunking a lot of claims about the Hamas attacks.

https://www.haaretz.co.il/news/politics/2023-12-03/ty-article-magazine/.premium/0000018c-2036-d21c-abae-76be08fe0000

Non-paywall archive: https://archive.ph/2023.12.03-221527/https://www.haaretz.co.il/news/politics/2023-12-03/ty-article-magazine/.premium/0000018c-2036-d21c-abae-76be08fe0000#selection-5463.0-5471.386

-Only ONE baby was killed in Hamas attacks (Mila Cohen). A second baby was killed when a pregnant Bedouin woman traveling in the area was shot; she was taken to a hospital and gave birth but the baby died a few hours later

-The story of a baby being killed in an oven is completely false

-Claims about piles of dead children simply aren't true. There weren't even enough children who were killed to make these claims plausible, as most murdered children were found with their families

-Claim of pregnant woman having fetus cut out of her are also false. Supposed video of it isn't even from Israel

-There was no pregnant hostage taken by Hamas who gave birth in Hamas tunnels. The IDF has no record of a pregnant hostage at all

Some Google-translated excerpts, parts bolded by me:

-The X account (formerly Twitter) of the Prime Minister's Office also referred to the murder of babies, when it published very graphic photographs and wrote: "These are horrifying photos of babies murdered and burned by Hamas monsters." The tweet states that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu showed the photos to US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken. Similar descriptions were also circulated on behalf of an IDF officer. A few days ago, Kkar HaShabbat writer Yishai Cohen interviewed Lt. Col. Yaron Buskila from the Gaza Division. Buskila told about babies being hung on a clothesline, and similar words of his were quoted by the rightist Goel Vaaknin in X. Cohen wrote that after publication he was told that the story was inaccurate. "Why would an army officer invent such a horrifying story? I was wrong," he added.

-To this day, there is no known scene where children from several families were discovered, murdered together. This shows that Netanyahu's description in his conversation with US President Joe Biden, according to which Hamas terrorists "took dozens of children, tied them up, burned them and executed them", does not exactly correspond to the picture of reality.

-In Bari, nine minors were murdered, at least some of them were together with one of their parents and were murdered in their home, so it is not possible that 20 bodies were piled up in one place.

-But among Bari's dead were no children six or seven years old or close. House number 426 is in the Ashlim neighborhood, where mostly kibbutz veterans live - older people. Elderly families also lived in house number 426, a house with two apartments: Rafi Mordo was murdered in a massacre, while his neighbor, Simcha Shani, was injured. Shani and her husband did not tell about a pregnant woman or a family with small children staying at their home. A video was circulated on social media that allegedly depicts the murder of the pregnant woman, but the "Fake Reporter" organization and other sources reported that the video was not filmed in Israel at all. The kibbutz itself also denied the description, and said that "the story of the pregnant woman reported by Zaka is not relevant to Bari." The police are also not familiar with the case at all, and a source familiar with the examination of the bodies at Shura base also told Haaretz that he is not familiar with the case.

-The president of the Ihud Hatzala organization, Eli Bir, told about a baby who was put in a baking oven and burned to death. Bir said these things at a donor conference in the US, and from there the story unfolded, which was even published earlier this month in the Daily Mail, where the baby turned into babies. However, this story is also not true. Mila Cohen and the baby who died after its mother was shot in the stomach were the only babies murdered in the massacre, and the police have no evidence of a body that answers to these signs.

-Another claim, the veracity of which is highly questionable, was made by the Prime Minister's wife, Sara Netanyahu, in a letter she sent to the wife of the US President, Jill Biden. In the letter, Netanyahu wrote that one of the women kidnapped to the Gaza Strip was in her ninth month of pregnancy and that she gave birth in captivity of Hamas. On social media the photo of the abductee Natwari Mulkan, a citizen of Thailand, was distributed. The media outlet "The Hottest Place in Hell" published that Dr. Yahal Kurlander from Tel Hai Academic College and an aid group for agricultural workers spoke with the woman's family and acquaintances, who clarified that she was not pregnant. Similar things were also published in an investigation by "At" magazine. Whereas the Moked for Refugees and Immigrants, Ku LeOved and the Aid for Farm Workers organization published a statement according to which this is a rumor that is not based on anything. Molkan was released last Saturday and indeed it turned out that she was neither pregnant nor gave birth. Even the army currently has no information about a kidnapped pregnant woman, and in the security establishment it is treated as an unfounded rumor. There was no response from the Prime Minister's Office.

The comments left on the article are certainly pretty revealing about the mindset of Israeli citizens. They pretty much don't care whether things or true or not:

"Don't you have anything to write about? Just to help the Hamas propaganda machine. Is it burning now to write? Your "truths" are up in the air without any proof. Shame and shame on Haaretz newspaper. I have subscribed to the newspaper for decades and am considering canceling the subscription."

"Hundreds of Jewish citizens, men, women and children were slaughtered because of their Jewishness, a shocking war crime in itself. What is the urgency for the newspaper to be accurate in the numbers? Hamas "only" beheaded two children and Hamas tied up and burned "only" boys and not babies, the woman whose stomach was opened was not pregnant "just" an ordinary woman. An article that reeks of free hate. Is this the truth you want to publish? Shame on you!"

"A newspaper for stupid people. People saw everything on the Hamas website. What will they be waiting for you?!?"

"Unfortunately, even if these stories are wrong, there are more than enough other shocking stories. Do yourself a favor and don't get caught up in the details, it won't help you and will only make you sick. You are allowed not to read the details. This is also a struggle."

Edit: It turns out Haaretz published the same story on their English website today and it's on their front page: https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-12-04/ty-article-magazine/.premium/hamas-committed-documented-atrocities-but-a-few-false-stories-feed-the-deniers/0000018c-34f3-da74-afce-b5fbe24f0000

Non-paywall archived link: https://archive.ph/20231204183617/https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-12-04/ty-article-magazine/.premium/hamas-committed-documented-atrocities-but-a-few-false-stories-feed-the-deniers/0000018c-34f3-da74-afce-b5fbe24f0000

Seems pretty obvious by now Israel killed probably the vast majority of people who died on October the 7th, theres houses burned down and 100s of cars completely destroyed, probably close to zero of that would have been done by Hamas but was by Israel firing at the cars and houses from helicopters. Israel have alread started to bury all the cars which they said they are doing as a rememberance to the people who died - definitely not to cover up an investigation that would reveal they killed everyone in the cars.

Hamas plan was probably to abduct people to take back to Gaza and use for talks etc then Israel started killing everybody in sight to stop them then blamed them for doing it.

It never made sense from the start those videos of Hamas escaping back in cars where people were dead in the cars, why would Hamas kill people then spend time when they don't have any time putting bodies into cars. Would make more sense those people were shot and killed and injured while they were escaping and not by Hamas.

Theres many witnesses and even I think one of the recently released hostages from a few days ago who said everyone with them was killed by the Army or Police who were shooting at them, one Israeli woman a few weeks ago I remember said her husband was shot and killed because they were shooting at people running from the festival even though they were all civilians from Israel running away.