Ultra Violet

Israel's genocide of Palestinians and war on the Middle East

I do agree with the fact that it's kind of fair to be disappointed by lana's behaviour since she already got involved with the letter and in the past she took political positions multiple times - and i agree that we shouldn't expect from EVERY celebrity to talk about this, everyone do what they want - but it just feels weird in my opinion that Lana doesn't say anything, not even a word for all the people that are dying, when literally everyone is talking about this war. 

Also I think it's pretty likely that she might have been warned not to take positions since a lot of people in the industry are Jewish - BUT so many celebrities spoke up so idk, we never know what relationship between these people really are 

tumblr-m8pd6uijos1qgawlzo1-500.gif

1 hour ago, jakoblvd said:

She’s going to stay silent about Lasso like she is silent about the ongoing Genocide.

I agree. Even raising awareness with donation links would be amazing and the best option to spread awareness and provide aid for Palestinians imo. I can’t help but think there’s something holding her back,  this might be an insane cope but are her team zionists? Evan wrinkler is a vocal Zionist. I sound crazy now I think I’m gonna leave it there 

3 minutes ago, mcull13 said:

I agree. Even raising awareness with donation links would be amazing and the best option to spread awareness and provide aid for Palestinians imo. I can’t help but think there’s something holding her back,  this might be an insane cope but are her team zionists? Evan wrinkler is a vocal Zionist. I sound crazy now I think I’m gonna leave it there 

Leigh-Anne Pinnock has the same management as Lana and she made a post regarding a ceasefire a couple of days ago. Ed liked her post so I don’t think it’s them. If I had to guess it has to do with Judah Smith and the church she attends. They are zionists and it seems like she has a very high view of them. It’s hard to know for sure though. 

Also I was thinking, twitter and instagram are FULL of people saying she's a zionist because she signed that letter, most likely she saw something - idk if I was her I think I would like to make clear i'm not what they're saying 

i mean lana is a pretty shitty person and she’s not gonna speak out cause shes a zionist, at least she’s aware it’s embarassing asf:bye: but i’m glad her hairstylist is showing support :bye:

she was quick to go make posts about ukraine but it’s crickets here

17 minutes ago, audreysdance said:

since a lot of people in the industry are Jewish

Jack Antonoff is Jewish and even he posted about Rafah. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

10 minutes ago, Mer said:

Jack Antonoff is Jewish and even he posted about Rafah. 

I didn't know, thanks - obviously with that I didn't mean that all Jewish are zionist, it's nice to see jack and others posting about it

25 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Leigh-Anne Pinnock has the same management as Lana and she made a post regarding a ceasefire a couple of days ago. Ed liked her post so I don’t think it’s them. If I had to guess it has to do with Judah Smith and the church she attends. They are zionists and it seems like she has a very high view of them. It’s hard to know for sure though. 

Also a singer Mabel posted about Rafah's dying children and manager Ben commented with three heart emojis.

url%5D

29 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Oh my god not Judah Smith that church is basically a cult that Lana has somehow ended up in. Staff being forced to  “donate” money to the church, the church being a charity meaning it doesn’t have any tax, Judah buying mega mansions for him for an “investement” to the church, straight up saying abortion should be fully banned and how it’s a grave sin , while also hiring rapists and defending there actions
This is not a “church” and not something Lana should be affiliated with. As a Christian they are not real Christians

I don’t want to make excuses for her, but her situation may also be different since she’s actively touring and there may be a risk of attacks if she comes out on one side or another. I wonder if her touring contract is potentially disallowing her from commenting on things that could rile ppl up?

9 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

she's not like Nikki Haley who wrote “Finish them” on Israeli bullets....

pls I was like NIKKI LANE DID WHAT

not to defend her actions or lack there of, but honestly, i just think she's out of touch and ignorant, and i don't consider that to be at the same level as somebody being intentionally malicious or hateful like other celebrities like amy schumer, perhaps signing that paper from joe biden wasn't the best move, but i honestly don't think she really knew what she was doing or looked into it very much, she probably just saw that our democrat president wanted celebrities to sign a paper for some sort of cause and she thought it would be a good idea to show support because she just simply wants to help out, she likely didn't know what it specifically was for or what the issue at hand was, and, of course, it's quite foolish to do that, but i personally do not believe she has any malicious intentions, i think she always wants the best for everyone no matter who they are, but she just isn't very well-versed or knowledgeable about politics, so i honestly don't expect much out of her regarding that

obviously, i think it's best that people educate themselves and do research from reliable sources, to raise awareness, and to help out in whatever ways they can, and it would be amazing if she did the same, but i honestly don't know or think she will, but at the end of the day, we don't know her, we don't know what she does on a day-to-day basis in her life, or how she feels about certain subjects, so i don't think we can just assume she feels a certain way, we don't know for certain if she's donated or not, or if she's doing research, but it does honestly feel like speaking out publicly is the best thing one can do, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised, but i honestly wouldn't be surprised either if she doesn't say anything

she's a musician at the end of the day, i can't necessarily expect activism or taking political stances out of somebody who's rich, famous, and who's job is to entertain people, or be incredibly upset when they don't speak out or when their views don't perfectly align with mine, i'm not saying that's necessarily right or good, but that's just the way it is

8 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

not to defend her actions or lack there of, but honestly, i just think she's out of touch and ignorant, and i don't consider that to be at the same level as somebody being intentionally malicious or hateful like other celebrities like amy schumer, perhaps signing that paper from joe biden wasn't the best move, but i honestly don't think she really knew what she was doing or looked into it very much, she probably just saw that our democrat president wanted celebrities to sign a paper for some sort of cause and she thought it would be a good idea to show support because she just simply wants to help out, she likely didn't know what it specifically was for or what the issue at hand was, and, of course, it's quite foolish to do that, but i personally do not believe she has any malicious intentions, i think she always wants the best for everyone no matter who they are, but she just isn't very well-versed or knowledgeable about politics, so i honestly don't expect much out of her regarding that

obviously, i think it's best that people educate themselves and do research from reliable sources, to raise awareness, and to help out in whatever ways they can, and it would be amazing if she did the same, but i honestly don't know or think she will, but at the end of the day, we don't know her, we don't know what she does on a day-to-day basis in her life, or how she feels about certain subjects, so i don't think we can just assume she feels a certain way, we don't know for certain if she's donated or not, or if she's doing research, but it does honestly feel like speaking out publicly is the best thing one can do, maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised, but i honestly wouldn't be surprised either if she doesn't say anything

she's a musician at the end of the day, i can't necessarily expect activism or taking political stances out of somebody who's rich, famous, and who's job is to entertain people, or be incredibly upset when they don't speak out or when their views don't perfectly align with mine, i'm not saying that's necessarily right or good, but that's just the way it is

Retweet, i dont think shes a zionist nor do i think she support the genocide but shes being ignorant n probs doesn't care as much as she should about it or she doesn't realize its severity.

55 minutes ago, Mer said:

I don’t want to make excuses for her, but her situation may also be different since she’s actively touring and there may be a risk of attacks if she comes out on one side or another. I wonder if her touring contract is potentially disallowing her from commenting on things that could rile ppl up?

Billie is under the same label and has a tour coming up and yet called for a ceasefire. A lot of artists that are currently touring have as well. At this point the only two options are that she doesn’t care or that she doesn’t support the cause. 

31 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

Billie is under the same label and has a tour coming up and yet called for a ceasefire. A lot of artists that are currently touring have as well. At this point the only two options are that she doesn’t care or that she doesn’t support the cause. 

I don’t think Billie ever made a statement in writing. She just wore a pin at the Oscar’s. 

The thing is the letter doesn't even exist anymore it's obviously something her managers attached her to without knowing what it was. I've said this before on this thread but if she was is a zionist it invalidates everything she stands for, especially with her art. Yes I find it infuriating that she's been silent and I really do hope she eventually does speak out about it. If Jack did I don't see what would stop her tbh. And I agree that we should direct our anger to governments instead but at the end of the day, celebrities do unfortunately hold influence. Even swifties are beginning to crack down on Taylor after the recent tragedies in Rafah and honest to god I hope it works especially with the current Eras show in Spain where they're very vocal about it. I know its not any sort of confirmation but I have a feeling in my gut that Lana doesn't stand for whatever Isnotreal stands for, it simply doesn't make sense given the person she is. 

May I remind you that this ominous letter contained nothing more than a plea for the release of the hostages? Many have still not been freed and some have even died in captivity. You are not a Zionist just because you support the lives of innocent hostages.