Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

Personal Associations You Make With Lana's Songs

I always associate most of COTCC with driving around with my situationship on suburban roads at midnight during summer 2021 when we were in that weird not-quite-post-pandemic limbo phase. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

okay these are albums but: 

• BTD/paradise- being in high school
  • Ultraviolence- my best friend who also loves Lana
  • Honeymoon- breakup I was going through at the time but makes me think of windy slightly cool/cold beaches.
  • Lust for life- seeing Lana perform shortly after it was released
  • NFR- endings. Since it came out towards the end summer before the start of my senior year of college it was a perfect portrayal of that. I think the pandemic also embodied the sense of impending doom that's in this album.
  • Chemtrails- came out on my birthday during the pandemic
  • Blue banisters- spending time with friends and going to a lakes/rivers
  • Ocean blvd- spending time with family & moving somewhere new

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

candy necklace reminds me of dancing at the back of the pit with my boyfriend after he carried me out because i fainted. it’s such a fond memory because i was crying so much and he made me have fun again :flutter:

white dress reminds me of day drinking in the park during covid 

groupie love reminds me of incense and being in the bath 

giphy.gif

That time a car almost run over me as I was crossing the road (I had a green light) and listening to Born To Die. And I thought how sad and funny it’d be if my iPod crashed together with me and the car and if anyone would check the iPod and they’d see that BTD was the song I’d been playing and what they’d think of that, or of me lol.

When I played through the BTD album aloud just to make sure if I’d like it before going to the record store to buy it, and Ride was playing and I remember my dad liking it and seemed impressed by it. I’d like to think he’d like more of her music if he was still alive today.

God knows I tried: walking to campus in the winter/spring mornings and listening to the line sometimes I wake up in the morning to red, blue, and yellow skies and literally seeing that sky in front of me.

Summer Bummer: the premiere on radio, that I had tuned in to while cooking pasta for dinner and being hyped on LB, haha.

Get Free: I listened to the song almost daily at one point after lectures, more or less gaslighting myself that things were getting better. I wanted to get out of the black and into the blue so badly.

Mariner’s apartment complex: when I walked down to the harbor to watch the ferry’s and boats, it felt like I was in the music video, hehe. :flutter: 

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

All seem to be moments when something about these songs just clicked with me.

FMWUTTT & The Blackest Day: bus/train rides in the evening when it's getting dark.

Yayo (Paradise): when I first realised how beautiful the song is and i started dancing around my room to it.

Black Beauty: walking under trees in spring- trees that were dropping yellow, purple and red flowers all over the path and the grass.