Elle

Lasso - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

love that she had all these interviews about lasso and then she was like wait hold on let me pencil in get married real quick then we can circle back. do we think she had this on her iPhone calendar like, sept 26: get married. do we think alligator just popped the question randomly and suddenly? why do I feel like they've been seeing each other for a long time, maybe this isn't the thread to ask.

pass me my vape.

you just have to look at it differently. when you think about it, the situation calls for space from numerous and different reasons. 

regardless of how you might look at it, she just stepped into a life milestone. 
clearly she's upset at the lack of privacy, and yes, that does in a way mean that she's inclined to being aware of the mis-schedule. 
no matter how interested you are in the project coming, I can understand the upset of some clearer than others, but it really shouldn't have to be this deep. sorry, but worry about yourself. 

any acknowledgement of the album or lack thereof, let's not lie, is gonna signal some kind of reaction/ momentary excitement for an album, so I can see even past the fact that she might want to double down. so again, space.

I do think that if we venn diagram the situation, a good segue into a happy medium's strangely enough having a side project come up.  

just translating and checking the silence into something more rational. 

FSiy5w3.giftumblr_nv0881L0Od1s4fz4bo1_500.gifVvJr.gif

On 10/4/2024 at 1:50 AM, JDaniel said:

your reasoning is logical therefore not credible

Can you find me one single thing that is logical about Lana and particularly in the unfolding of the last 7 months?

We also like him for that, no well-oiled career plan  like most of his colleagues, everything by feeling

I just think its unlikely that she will do a country festival without country songs. It will be hard enough to be accepted by a country audience anyway.

3 hours ago, Manchild said:

I just think its unlikely that she will do a country festival without country songs. It will be hard enough to be accepted by a country audience anyway.

didnt she do this randomly this year already? the one where she was carried off the stage in a sheet for cutesie effect during hope?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

At this point, an album being delayed and a release date being inaccurate is par for the course. This is being a Lana stan. This will probably happen again. Is it annoying? Sure. Would I do the same in her position? Probably not. But I’m not her, and she’s the one who has soundtracked my life without fail for over a decade with a steadily growing and reliably fabulous body of work. Until there is an official announcement with pre-orders and such, it’s best to not assume anything, even if our information comes from her. 

Well, eh...call me biased but I'm 100% sure that Lasso, whenever it will be released, is a masterpiece!

2.gif

51 minutes ago, ByDayAnother said:

At this point, an album being delayed and a release date being inaccurate is par for the course. This is being a Lana stan. This will probably happen again. Is it annoying? Sure. Would I do the same in her position? Probably not. But I’m not her, and she’s the one who has soundtracked my life without fail for over a decade with a steadily growing and reliably fabulous body of work. Until there is an official announcement with pre-orders and such, it’s best to not assume anything, even if our information comes from her. 

Yes finally, someone is making sense.

I don’t even think it’s going be that much of a groundbreaking album, I think this is Lana relaxing a bit and just making music for the joy of it. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’ll be great and on par with the standard she has set, but still… it’s just country lol and I don’t really like modern country. I think what Antonoff was saying about it being “bombastic” was probably just blowing smoke up it for attention. You can’t forget these celebs will be making money simply from people being interested in an upcoming album… they can delay this as much as they want. They have the money.

1 hour ago, Embach said:

Well, uh... call me biased, but I'm 100% sure that Lasso, however it's released, will be a masterpiece!

not too hard to predict after sirens all these albums are masterpieces , why would that change?

2 hours ago, Queen of the Rodeo said:

I don't even think this is going to be a breakthrough album, I think Lana is just chilling out a bit and making music for the fun of it. Don't get me wrong, I think it'll be awesome and up to the standards she's set, but still... it's just country lol and I don't really like modern country. I think what Antonoff said about it being "bombastic" was probably just smoke and mirrors to get attention. Let's not forget that these celebrities will make money just off of people's interest in an upcoming album... they can delay it all they want. They have the money.

Gram Parsons with the Byrds then Burritos and even the Stones knew how to make revolutionary country

why not Lana?

23 minutes ago, JDaniel said:

Gram Parsons with the Byrds then Burritos and even the Stones knew how to make revolutionary country

why not Lana?

Never said she couldn’t do it… just saying she might not be trying to. 

3 minutes ago, Queen of the Rodeo said:

She never said she couldn't do it...she just said she might not try. 

let's have confidence, it is essentially original

1 minute ago, JDaniel said:

let's have confidence, it is essentially original

I think you’re missing my point but that’s okay. I don’t need to go on about how amazing I think Lana is because other wise I wouldn’t be on Lanaboards. But we’re entitled to our opinions, country and folk happen to be one of my favourite genres but most country before the 80s, in my opinion, just doesn’t hit the same. I guess it’s a bygone era. A lot of it is good, but the stuff in the mainstream is way too jaunty and weird for my liking. Don’t need anymore stomp clap songs about whiskey.

Just now, Queen of the Rodeo said:

I think you’re missing my point but that’s okay. I don’t need to go on about how amazing I think Lana is because other wise I wouldn’t be on Lanaboards. But we’re entitled to our opinions, country and folk happen to be one of my favourite genres but most country before the 80s, in my opinion, just doesn’t hit the same. I guess it’s a bygone era. A lot of it is good, but the stuff in the mainstream is way too jaunty and weird for my liking. Don’t need anymore stomp clap songs about whiskey.

And just to add, I am excited for Lasso if it’s coming. I’d love to see Lana’s take on country. I just think it’s going to be a more lighthearted, fun album, than some world changing magnum opus. 

13 minutes ago, Queen of the Rodeo said:

I think you don't understand what I mean, but that's okay. I don't need to go on about how amazing I think Lana is, or I wouldn't be on Lanaboards. But we're entitled to our opinions, country and folk are one of my favorite genres, but most pre-80s country, in my opinion, just doesn't have the same impact. I guess that's a bygone era. A lot of it is good, but the mainstream stuff is way too gay and weird for my tastes. I don't need any more tap songs about whiskey.

And just to add, I'm looking forward to seeing Lasso if it comes out. I'd love to see Lana's take on country. I just think it'll be a lighter, fun album, rather than a world-changing magnum opus. 

I understand you very well, you are right 

53 minutes ago, Queen of the Rodeo said:

And just to add, I am excited for Lasso if it’s coming. I’d love to see Lana’s take on country. I just think it’s going to be a more lighthearted, fun album, than some world changing magnum opus. 

In reality tho, we have zero fucking clue what it's going to be.

For all we know, it could be better than NFR. Or it could be a shitshow like BB.

She might include Tough and Fenway, and have some bops or rap in it. Or she might be sitting on a slew of languid country ballads like Henry, Come On and Prettiest Girl. Like, we're literally clueless.

The one thing I know for sure is that 2 years is a very decent amount of time for a good LDR record, and I don't think she'll give us something like BB (which she obviously slapped together during covid for financial reasons because she wasn't doing concerts and Interscope was probably begging her to). 

What we'll probably end up getting is a great LDR record packed with melodic sad songs with some country influences, and some surprises ala AW.

The only thing that's certain is that we won't be getting this record until March next year at the earliest.

the album might not even be called "Lasso" at this point

should i do another Clow card session and ask the cards?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

8 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

the album might not even be called "Lasso" at this point

should i do another Clow card session and ask the cards?

i still believe in our double reading that the lead single is coming at the end of this year and full album out by february-april

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

2 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

i still believe in our double reading that the lead single is coming at the end of this year and full album out by february-april

i hope thats true since we both had the same answer

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing