Elle

Lasso - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I highly doubt the album is close to being finished, I agree with that. She sounded excited when she first announced it, talking how the songs have been recorded for several years, but it really feels like the direction has changed since. To what? I have no idea, Lana might not even know for sure either. Maybe that’s why she’s been so quiet about it all and no one wants to say anything - no one knows where this is going.

My guess is that we’ll get the album in July at earliest, November 2025 at latest. If it’s not out by then, or any singles in the first half of the year, I’ll start to consider it scrapped.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I remember @disguttodeath (or someone else?) saying that her label rejected the first album version because they found it too boring. Maybe that version was planned for September and now needs to be thoroughly reworked? That could also explain Lana's strange answer in the interview (“what can I say now?”). What do you think of this theory?

10 minutes ago, grandpas glass said:

I remember @disguttodeath (or someone else?) saying that her label rejected the first album version because they found it too boring. Maybe that version was planned for September and now needs to be thoroughly reworked? That could also explain Lana's strange answer in the interview (“what can I say now?”). What do you think of this theory?

But I love boring lana :noparty:

I am expecting new music before April 2025 since she will likely need new material for Stagecoach. Even though she said we could expect 2 new songs by the end of this year, Lana isn’t exactly a trustworthy person when it comes to release dates. 

1 hour ago, grandpas glass said:

I'm sorry but this is Lana. I could understand it being another artist that the record company denied, but Lana's already done that fight during UV with the record label, after her having creative freedom, why change that now?

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, American Whore said:

I'm sorry but this is Lana. I could understand it being another artist that the record company denied, but Lana's already done that fight during UV with the record label, after her having creative freedom, why change that now?

Especially since her label have already accepted her last three albums which are obviously good but which are also full of slow ballads (and even one of them had YouTube rip-offs). Her biggest strength in charts and sales are vinyls (even perhaps stronger than Taylor), like her name already attached to a vinyl would already sell quickly out. Her label could easily let her release an album where she she sings "aaaaaaaaaaaa" for 6 hours because they know that her fans would buy all the vinyls variants made for that album. COTCC broke so many vinyl records already before it was even released.

2.gif

53 minutes ago, Embach said:

Especially since her label have already accepted her last three albums which are obviously good but which are also full of slow ballads (and even one of them had YouTube rip-offs). Her biggest strength in charts and sales are vinyls (even perhaps stronger than Taylor), like her name already attached to a vinyl would already sell quickly out. Her label could easily let her release an album where she she sings "aaaaaaaaaaaa" for 6 hours because they know that her fans would buy all the vinyls variants made for that album. COTCC broke so many vinyl records already before it was even released.

Now this brings to mind an album-length lana cover of "4:33".

i might be delulu but i think the internet's collective reaction - and honestly her fanbase's negative reaction - to her marriage might have disillusioned her and she probably doesn't even care if she disappoints us anymore. blocking someone on instagram for a silly post was probably a way of lashing out

giphy.gif

Maybe that secret project was that rumoured Chanel runway performance which was cancelled because of personal reasons (wedding) :prettyhurts: I really hope we'll get a new song this year...:pft:

2.gif

1 minute ago, Embach said:

Maybe that secret project was that rumoured Chanel runway performance which was cancelled because of personal reasons (wedding) :prettyhurts: I really hope we'll get a new song this year...:pft:

me too, I feel like we might hopefully get 1 song but im not so sure if we will actually get 2 as she said, hope im proven wrong though:xcry:

tumblr_n6a8h49m591sb22wto1_500.gif

1 minute ago, motel six said:

me too, I feel like we might hopefully get 1 song but im not so sure if we will actually get 2 as she said, hope im proven wrong though:xcry:

Maybe the 2 singles were Tough Remixes??👁👄👁

As it is still not clear exactly which direction it will take, it seems as if there is a lot simmering in the background. Otherwise she would have already given us some hints in her posts. Apart from the Stagecoach Festival in April and a few vague interviews, however, there don't seem to be any major clues. Her marriage could mean she has a bit more time on her hands. However, it's not clear if she's done recording the upcoming album or still ahead of it. A possible single could have been released long ago, even if the album isn't quite finished yet. The release of Tough with Quavo was perhaps just a “stalling project” to bridge a longer waiting period. Then she suddenly started talking about Southern Gothic. It's also strange that she released a country single in December 2023, then gave us a Henry snippet and then we haven't heard anything in that direction at all. But somehow it all seems to lead to the south-east of the USA, where she now lives with Jeremy. :um2:

2 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

at this point I will not be surprised if she pulls out of Stagecoach :girlbye:

I'd be surprised because stuff like Stagecoach seems to be her lane (pun intended) now :um2:

2.gif