Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

20 hours ago, barttttender said:

strongly disagree. White dreess, Chemtrails (the song), Wild at Heart, Not all those who wander, Dance till we die, and dark but just a game are quite interesting lyrically. As for "thought provoking", it's a more subtle record for sure, but there's definitely food for thought. Maybe not so much in a philosophical sense but atmospheric, painting a picture.

i find Ultraviolence to be overrated lyrically tbh. Plenty of repetitive lyrics (sad girl, is this happiness, guns and roses), and button-pushing with no substance (money, power glory, fucked my way up...) in the second half. So, I wouldn't be attacking Chemtrails when there's UV. 

I agree with you which is so cool because we usually never do haha.

IMG-1607.jpg

21 hours ago, barttttender said:

strongly disagree. White dreess, Chemtrails (the song), Wild at Heart, Not all those who wander, Dance till we die, and dark but just a game are quite interesting lyrically. As for "thought provoking", it's a more subtle record for sure, but there's definitely food for thought. Maybe not so much in a philosophical sense but atmospheric, painting a picture.

i find Ultraviolence to be overrated lyrically tbh. Plenty of repetitive lyrics (sad girl, is this happiness, guns and roses), and button-pushing with no substance (money, power glory, fucked my way up...) in the second half. So, I wouldn't be attacking Chemtrails when there's UV. 

KEEP MY ULTRAVIOLENCE OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MOUTH (slaps bartttender /j)

2 hours ago, DemonMic2003 said:

KEEP MY ULTRAVIOLENCE OUT OF YOUR FUCKING MOUTH (slaps bartttender /j)

let's not joke about that unpunished will smith crime, please. It's horrendous, and he should have served time

also, no UV slander here. 😊 Still adore the record. I just don't think it's her strongest one lyrically and is a bit front-loaded

What are the chances she'll do a digital release only. I remember when Banisters was released and she did that one hour livestream on Instagram and she said that "my next album will be released only digitally" or something like that but as we know now, it wasn't a digital release at all. I do think that her team won't let her to do that because her vinyls sell like crazy and vinyls + other physicals would be beneficial for the label and the charts. But still I can see something random happening like this someday, whether it is with Lasso or not.

2.gif

18 minutes ago, Embach said:

"my next album will be released only digitally" 

Maybe the covers / Christmas album was still happening when she said it? Cause I remember she meant to release this only digitally

4 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

Maybe the covers / Christmas album was still happening when she said it? Cause I remember she meant to release this only digitally

Maybe but the last time she talked about that cover album was in 2020 and that Banisters livestream was in 2021.

Funny thing is that she's still silent about that cover album.

Edit: Wait, correct me if I'm wrong but maybe she talked about that cover album in 2021 as well, before deleting her Twitter. Didn't she post a photo of her standing in front of Capitol Records building and captioned something about recording the cover album?

2.gif

47 minutes ago, ionut said:

when pawn shop blues is on lasso..:oprah4:

You know which super old song of hers I love might actually sound good on Lasso? Aviation.

Anyone remember this track? I always thought it was brilliant. A country rework could sound fantastic.

1 hour ago, Eugene said:

I'm so desperate to know something about Lasso that I already find those fake songs made with AI interesting. :faintdy:

The one Lasso AI is actually good, the one called "Lasso - Extended version" or something

The one where it ends like

"Emmylou Harris

She's a lasso" 

I'm really hungry for Lasso now:excited:

Just now, Sunbather Moonchaser said:

The one Lasso AI is actually good, the one called "Lasso - Extended version" or something

"Emmylou Harris

She's a lasso" 

Wait actually it's https://youtu.be/4GZbIcjBwKU?si=jRkVF23y5A_4PX06

50 minutes ago, Sunbather Moonchaser said:

"Emmylou Harris

She's a lasso" 

Wait actually it's https://youtu.be/4GZbIcjBwKU?si=jRkVF23y5A_4PX06

Yeah, i posted that here originally. Soo good. Wouldn't mind it if Lana just made that song into her own. Would be a good little brother to Ride.

3 hours ago, Embach said:

Maybe but the last time she talked about that cover album was in 2020 and that Banisters livestream was in 2021.

Funny thing is that she's still silent about that cover album.

Edit: Wait, correct me if I'm wrong but maybe she talked about that cover album in 2021 as well, before deleting her Twitter. Didn't she post a photo of her standing in front of Capitol Records building and captioned something about recording the cover album?

She spoke about the covers album also in Mojo in April 2021. Unfortunately, I didn't find this interview online, but an indirect mention:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-says-shes-recorded-a-cover-album-of-country-songs-2885186

Lana Del Rey has revealed that she’s recorded a cover album full of country songs. Speaking to MOJO (print edition), the singer said that in addition to the country covers album she’s got another collection of “other folk songs” waiting to be released.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, barttttender said:

let's not joke about that unpunished will smith crime, please. It's horrendous, and he should have served time

tbh i have my opinions on that you can disagree but whatever :)

Edited by DemonMic2003

1 minute ago, grandpas glass said:

Apart from what "insiders" say, what if many of the original songs have been retained? So let's say one third country covers, one third old folk and maybe only one third newly written songs?

Ooo 

1 hour ago, grandpas glass said:

She spoke about the covers album also in Mojo in April 2021. Unfortunately, I didn't find this interview online, but an indirect mention:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/lana-del-rey-says-shes-recorded-a-cover-album-of-country-songs-2885186

Tbh I think that American Standards Classics and folk cover album and country cover album are 3 separate things, probably because the delulu in me wants 3 cover albums from her :sleep:

2.gif