Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

1 hour ago, Rock Candy said:

I was thinking about one thing.

Does she know that her words about the lasso were made quite public, and not distributed only to that group of people at that event?

Suddenly she thinks that the lasso is still her little secret and we just have to dive into it :wtf3:

She announced the Ocean announcement on that random event's red carpet so who knows :hide:

I want to think that the album is already done but there are no updates cause it's still a bit far and she was focusing on coachella up until now.

If it's indeed coming in September we have to get something in the coming months tho...

giphy.gif

Coachella wasn’t the place to officially launch the era. Coachella was Coachella and not some stepping stone to an album  :true: We’re still too far from the supposed September release (if it’s not postponed). Sometimes this forum forgets how patient we become when an era officially begins :omfg2::brigitte: . She can delay the first single to have a shorter pre-release of three or four months. 
as for Henry and her announcement at that industry event, some of us mentioned it was probably a strategic move, so she wouldn’t look as a Beyoncé copycat or of any other artist going country if she had said nothing but released a country album in the fall. 

36 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Coachella wasn’t the place to officially launch the era. Coachella was Coachella and not some stepping stone to an album

exactly why i wasn’t mad it didn’t exceed my expectations.

i just know she has some good concepts stored in her purse :slayty:

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

IMG-3119.gif

i need her to give whatever energy she had during 2013 when creating the TROPICO film.

Interscope needs to approve a budget this era. meaning I want music videos shot on film, cover art by nadie lee cohen (neil can take her usual promo pictures but he needs to sit out for the cover), short one/two word track titles that are capitalized, A CONCEPTTTTT.

i need a 12-15 track album with transitions…

concept wise, she has yet to touch Honeymoon. her most cohesive project next to NFR (in terms of sound)

signature.gif

"One gun on the table. Headshot if you're able..."

On 4/19/2024 at 12:21 AM, Elle said:

Just woke up from a 45 minute nap that included a song from a song from Lasso so I thought I’d share. My nap dreams are always a bit fuzzy compared to a full-length sleep dream so I don’t remember too much of it. All I remember is listening to a song where the chorus went “…& I’m tired now. ____________ bringing me to Memphis. __________ bringing me to Memphis.” I for the life of my can’t remember what that first part is, but it was also used in the title of the song which was a single word and I remember members here didn’t quite understand it / thought it made no sense in the context of the lyric. For example, the lyric could’ve been “red-winged blackbird bringing me to Memphis” and the title of the song was Blackbird, but that doesn’t make much sense unless you attempt to dissect the meaning a bit. I’m using blackbird as an example because for some reason I have a slight inkling that was what it was, but I can’t remember for certain. 
The sonic style/production was very reminiscent of a song that could have been found on Chemtrails, maybe closest to Dance Till We Die sans-bridge. It was definitely Lana’s “version” of country and more folk-focused rather than modern day “yeehaw” country, so country haters were relieved and Chemtrails lovers were happy. The best part about the song though was the outro. It was the phrase “people work so much” repeated with multiple light floating harmonies that sounded so gorgeous. It sort of reminded me of the last part of Chemtrails title track where she’s singing “under the chemtrails over the country club/you’re born in December and I’m born in June” over each other in her higher vocal.

The overall message of the song was reminiscent of Swan Song and there were theories that Lana is taking a step back from music, but the general consensus was that she’s just becoming more lowkey and laidback as she transitions into a new genre.

Anyway, that’s all I remember as the dream was so short. I also literally just woke up from this so hopefully my groggy description makes sense loool x

Not to be woo-woo-delulu, but I feel like this nap dream I had foreshadowed her Coachella performance a bit.. at the end of Hope she was carried away like a bird with her wings spread, everyone all dressed in black… only to return in a country-inspired outfit, and as some may know Memphis, Tennessee is known for its heavy influence on country music. Anyway, “Blackbird (bringing me to Memphis)” as the lead single to Lasso coming soon xx

GMP-Q29tc-HJlc3-NHSDAx-4GMP-Q29tc-HJlc3-NHSDAx-4

GMP-Q29tc-HJlc3-NHSDAx-6

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

6 minutes ago, Elle said:

Not to be woo-woo-delulu, but I feel like this nap dream I had foreshadowed her Coachella performance a bit.. at the end of Hope she was carried away like a bird with her wings spread, everyone all dressed in black… only to return in a country-inspired outfit, and as some may know Memphis, Tennessee is known for its heavy influence on country music. Anyway,Blackbird (bringing me to Memphis)” as the lead single to Lasso coming soon xx

GMP-Q29tc-HJlc3-NHSDAx-4GMP-Q29tc-HJlc3-NHSDAx-4

REALLY?!?!?!?

1 minute ago, DemonMic2003 said:

REALLY?!?!?!?

No, this was from my dream :rip: Unless… :mj2:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 minutes ago, Elle said:

No, this was from my dream :rip: Unless… :mj2:

Manifesting a double lead single for lasso, Blackbird (Bringing Me To Memphis) / Wild One (Country Western Version)

Lasso PREDICTIONS

1. Blackbird (Bringing Me To Memphis)
  2. Lasso
  3. Hey Baby Blue
  4. The Prettiest Girl In Country Music (feat. Nikki Lane)
  5. I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy (feat. Jack Antonoff)
  6. TBA
  7. Behind The Iron Gates (feat. Dolly Parton)
  8. TBA
  9. TBA
  10. Henry, Come On
  11. TBA (feat. Quavo)
  12. Wild One

Love how she said "western belt" in Arcadia yesterday :creepna2: she's teasing.

Even though she still had the first dress so there was no western belt yet :hide:

I feel like the second outfit and the change from blue to black has to mean something (not only for the opening song). Like the finish of an era and the start of a new one maybe :dance4:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Orville Peck said:

01. Lasso

02. Prettiest Girl In Country Music (feat. Nikki Lane & Sierra Ferrell)

03. Hey Blue Baby

Exactly And I Told Her I Said Maam Yukikaification GIF - Exactly And I Told  Her I Said Maam Yukikaification - Discover & Share GIFs

And 

11. Wild One (Country Western Rework)