Make me your Dream Life

Sarcasm/ Satirical Songs?

Lily Allen is the queen of sarcasm/satire. Such as her songs ‘LDN’, ‘Everything’s Just Wonderful’, ‘Friday Night’ and ‘Knock ‘Em Out’

I guess you could include some songs from The Fame by Gaga in this too

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

3 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Lily Allen is the queen of sarcasm/satire. Such as her songs ‘LDN’, ‘Everything’s Just Wonderful’, ‘Friday Night’ and ‘Knock ‘Em Out’

I guess you could include some songs from The Fame by Gaga in this too

I'm gonna have to check those out too then. and I can see that w the fame definitely will keep a mental note 

UV/Honeymoon

hmmm….Nicki Minaj specifically wrote Stupid Hoe to be, well, stupid. It’s a diss but not aggressive more just making fun of the person it’s aimed at (which is Lil Kim who I also love dearly.) I love when she breaks the fourth wall at the end and acknowledges that she just fucked up a note and can’t really sing. 

speaking of Lil Kim, her song “this is a warning” features her singing a song of death threats, the whole thing is laughably bad and corny, but again…that’s the point. Please listen, it’s so fucking funny

i remember one of the demos of lana recording dream girl she literally says at the end “whatever this song is a joke anyway.” Brooklyn Baby is also very ironic/self-satirical. 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

Love lily allen I was listening to her a bit earlier today<3 these are also tumblr era songs but-

Bubblegum bitch & also the whole Electra Heart album by Marina comes to mind.  Dollhouse by Melanie Martinez too 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

I've always had a feeling Boarding School by Lana is a sarcastic joke at what people had said about her back home. "I'm in the back doing crack drinking p-p-pepsi" is the line that make me think that. i highly doubt she's been a crackhead lol

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole