Rorman Nockwell

2024 Eurovision Song Contest

7 years later and still mourning that Belgium's 2017 entry Blanche - City Lights didn't win or get at least top 3Β :smh:Β Still my favorite ESC song to this date!

url%5D

11 hours ago, oldandugly said:

Nothing can ever top Eurovision 2016/17

Fixed it :lolliney:Β The shows were showing, the stage was staging and the songs were singing. I think it had many different genres and styles of songs and I also think that quite many of them have aged well. They felt huge, like Super Bowl level huge, especially 2016.Β 

Β 

Honorable mention to 2021 as well because it was the last one I liked the most, because everything about it was fresh and new and also many different great songs and the show itself wasn't really politically driven.

url%5D

2 hours ago, Embach said:

Fixed it :lolliney:Β The shows were showing, the stage was staging and the songs were singing. I think it had many different genres and styles of songs and I also think that quite many of them have aged well. They felt huge, like Super Bowl level huge, especially 2016.Β 

Β 

Honorable mention to 2021 as well because it was the last one I liked the most, because everything about it was fresh and new and also many different great songs and the show itself wasn't really politically driven.

Nah because Spain in 2022 got robbedddd I was so shocked when Ukraine got the 400 points from the televote

8 minutes ago, oldandugly said:

Nah because Spain in 2022 got robbedddd I was so shocked when Ukraine got the 400 points from the televote

We all know why though, it was kinda obvious from the beginning.

Imo Spain 2022 song was overrated but I loved the performance and the performer. The choreo was world-level imoΒ :legend:

But talking about Ukraine, I still sometimes listen to the 2021 song (it got 5th place if I'm not wrong), it was such anΒ unique bangerΒ :bop:

url%5D

3 hours ago, Embach said:

7 years later and still mourning that Belgium's 2017 entry Blanche - City Lights didn't win or get at least top 3Β :smh:Β Still my favorite ESC song to this date!

Β 

THIS!!! omg i thought i was the only one in the world who stanned that song with my life. I've never listened to any other esc songs that much. Still #1

giphy.gif

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π©π¨πžπ­π«π²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐬𝐒π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π₯πžπ πšπœπ²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

10 minutes ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

Β 

THIS!!! omg i thought i was the only one in the world who stanned that song with my life. I've never listened to any other esc songs that much. Still #1

I was unhealthy amountΒ obsessed with that song and ever since the ESC period starts, I always think about this song.Β I love the artist herself as well, I read every interview possible from the City Lights era + I loved the album she dropped in 2020!

url%5D

I just read that Italian televote percentages were accidentally published, and Israel had the 40%, while other countries were below 10% and I can say that it was kinda shocking. Also in a few hours Israel is first at betting odds with 43% of winning this year's contest...

Β 

Edit: Now it has 20% and Croatia is in the lead

Things are really messed up, I'm really worried about eurovision. They are doing weird things in the dress rehearsals like skipping jurors and withdrawing The Netherlands (from the rehearsals). Everybody vote for Croatia please.

17 hours ago, 2022 said:

Guys what happened? How did Belgium not qualify and Latvia did?!

I'm wondering that too. His vocals weren't the best maybe but I think he deserved to qualify, I love that song.

17 minutes ago, 2022 said:

Things are really messed up, I'm really worried about eurovision. They are doing weird things in the dress rehearsals like skipping jurors and withdrawing The Netherlands (from the rehearsals). Everybody vote for Croatia please.

Yeah, I've been following whats going on an I just hope everything will be okay and that the tomorrow's final finishes fine without any scandals...

Β 

Β 

giphy.gif

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π©π¨πžπ­π«π²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

Β *:ο½₯゚✧*:ο½₯οΎŸβœ§βœΏβ˜†π¦π² 𝐬𝐒π₯π₯𝐒𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐒𝐬 𝐦𝐲 π₯πžπ πšπœπ²β˜†βœΏβœ§ο½₯゚: *✧ο½₯゚:*

what is happening behind the scenes ?Β 

Β 

Β 

π‘³π’Šπ’‡π’† π’Šπ’” π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’šπ’π’– 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

3 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

I know that Joost (Netherlands) hasn't performed in the dress rehearsal, and that his delegation was harassed by Israel's one (there is a video on yt) jurors got skipped, Petra and malin are confusedΒ  and many other things we dont know. I hope everything will be fine by tomorrow...

8 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

Yesterday a scandal happened with the italian television leaking the voting results from the second semi-final with Israel taking 40% of the Italian votes (second place got 7%). People are worried Israel is winning and saying that this would be the end of the Eurovision.

Today there was an incident with the Dutch representative, allegedly some conflict between him and the Israeli delegation, so the Dutch representative did not appear for the rehearsals which started around 1pm. And apparently the rehearsals are not going well. The jury show is tonight and people don't know what's gonna happen with the Netherlands, EBU just said they're under investigation. The atmosphere seems really tense cus of everything. I hope it all clears up and the show continues normally...

giphy.gif

Thank you guys for the info!!Β 

Β 

Β 

π‘³π’Šπ’‡π’† π’Šπ’” π’ƒπ’†π’‚π’–π’•π’Šπ’‡π’–π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’šπ’π’– 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

The Netherlands is likely to get disqualified from the final. According to Lithuanian journalist the Netherlands delegation got asked to leave the dressing room and their flag was taken down. Also it is said that rn they are sitting on their suitcases. This is not confirmed by any official sourceΒ 

Vote for CroatiaΒ 

fuck eurovision, i read now that it's confirmed that the netherlands has been disqualified. now they're fucking disqualifying countries?? for fighting with a photographer or some shit? like it's happening for the first time? but apparently, a country who is commiting a genocide can participate, right? what kind of sorcery is this??? fuck, i wanted the netherlands to win so bad... Their slogan is "united by music"?? 2024 is the worst ESC year, I'm sorry.

url%5D

The way they didn't want it to be political but they have made it political by not banning Israel and just silencing anyone else who tries to say anything about it

Fuck that

I don't even wanna watch it now

I hope all the other contestants refuse to participate

JUSTICE FOR JOOST

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

it's so sad knowing that the netherlands singer joost had promised his parents (before they died)Β that when he'll grow up he'll perform at eurovision. now when his dream has come true, the eurovision literally fucked him over. he even started the eurovision campaign last year. justice for joost. i don't even want to watch it anymore. if israel actually wins, i want eurovision to end for good.

url%5D

So they are letting a country that is actively and constantly for six months bombing people to participate and when someone reacts they instantly disqualify them??

Eurovison has always been political !!

I read somewhere that when Turkey invaded Cyprus they didn't let anyone talk about the incident and they even told them that theΒ contestants might be inΒ  danger if they participated .

The contest has always been political this is a total joke at this pointΒ 

Β 

Β