Rorman Nockwell

2024 Eurovision Song Contest

I'm going insane rn they disqualified Joost. They let i@@@@@ compete after all they did. The i@@@@@ delegation has been harassing the competitors on Instagram and also they have been mocking Palestine (https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6y2OEtN9GU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link )

Just now, 2022 said:

I'm going insane rn they disqualified Joost. They let i@@@@@ compete after all they did. The i@@@@@ delegation has been harassing the competitors on Instagram and also they have been mocking Palestine (https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6y2OEtN9GU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link )

Are we not allowed to speak or something? Don't let I@@@@@ win tonight. Vote for Croatia 

I hope that Croatia wins or even any other country but Israel :crossed:

I hate how politically driven Eurovision is. It's the main reason why Eurovision has lost its relevancy.

url%5D

Just now, bluechemtrails said:

there is talk of a violent attack as the reason for the exclusion, I don't think it's for political reasons

I read that it was verbal (which still isn't okay, but the point is, no charges have been laid, and nothing has been proven, and he's been disqualified anyway).

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

obviously none of us know what the altercation was but it seems incredibly convenient the favourite who was vocal against against israel managed to get disqualified, also look at their sponsor morrocan oil. hint- they're not morrocan

i will be voting for estonia. favourite entry

giphy.gif

A part of me hopes Israel wins because ESC will be OVER and that's what they deserve

The only way they come back from that is if they fire absolutely everyone and disqualify Israel to show that they know they fucked up 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

This is EBU's statement below, I think the incident must have been serious if the police got involved. And allegedly, the woman he verbally attacked is from the Swedish production team so idk if this has anything to do with Israel like people initially thought (they even said this incident did not involve any other performer or delegation member), but yeah I'm 100% with banning Israel for obvious reasons, and I also saw the footage of their delegation bullying other people or something... This is all just a mess, it's so disappointing what Eurovision has become. Easily the worst edition to date.

The Dutch artist Joost Klein will not be competing in the Grand Final of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest.

Swedish police have investigated a complaint made by a female member of the production crew after an incident following his performance in Thursday night’s Semi Final. While the legal process takes its course, it would not be appropriate for him to continue in the Contest.

We would like to make it clear that, contrary to some media reports and social media speculation, this incident did not involve any other performer or delegation member.

We maintain a zero-tolerance policy towards inappropriate behaviour at our event and are committed to providing a safe and secure working environment for all staff at the Contest. In light of this, Joost Klein’s behaviour towards a team member is deemed in breach of Contest rules.

The Grand Final of the 68th Eurovision Song Contest will now proceed with 25 participating songs.

edit: added that the attack was verbal, from what we know, to avoid confusion

another edit: okay there's also articles that says it was physical so i don't know anything anymore :air:

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

13 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

obviously none of us know what the altercation was but it seems incredibly convenient the favourite who was vocal against against israel managed to get disqualified, also look at their sponsor morrocan oil. hint- they're not morrocan

i will be voting for estonia. favourite entry

Estonia is such chaotic camp lmaoo :hype:

3 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

A part of me hopes Israel wins because ESC will be OVER and that's what they deserve

The only way they come back from that is if they fire absolutely everyone and disqualify Israel to show that they know they fucked up 

This!!!

url%5D

2 minutes ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

This is EBU's statement below, I think the incident must have been serious if the police got involved. And allegedly, the woman he attacked is from the Swedish production team so idk if this has anything to do with Israel like people initially thought (they even said this incident did not involve any other performer or delegation member), but yeah I'm 100% with banning Israel for obvious reasons, and I also saw the footage of their delegation bullying other people or something... This is all just a mess, it's so disappointing what Eurovision has become. Easily the worst edition to date.

where are you seeing that it was an attack? everything ive read says it was a verbal altercation

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

where are you seeing that it was an attack? everything ive read says it was a verbal altercation

ohhh sorry I meant as in verbal attack, if that's the correct wording lol :defeated:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

ohhh sorry I meant as in verbal attack, if that's the correct wording lol :defeated:

oh no I get u I just saw a few people say it was physical and I wanted to see that article or whatever it is <33

giphy.gif

The atmosphere in the arena during Israel's performance for yesterday's rehearsals

They're really gonna need all the possible anti-booing technology for tonight's live broadcast :air: It's probably gonna be the entire arena on mute and fake claps being played :air:

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

thank you! i do wonder if we will get more info, cause that seems valid then. rn my issue stands with the zero tolerance policy since the israeli commentator told viewers to wish "curses and insults" on the irish act and there's multiple people saying joost was asked by again an israeli worker how his parents were doing (them being dead is a focal point of his act)

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, twinkletoes7 said:

thank you! i do wonder if we will get more info, cause that seems valid then. rn my issue stands with the zero tolerance policy since the israeli commentator told viewers to wish "curses and insults" on the irish act and there's multiple people saying joost was asked by again an israeli worker how his parents were doing (them being dead is a focal point of his act)

zero tolerance policy seems to be one sided then...

Edited by Deadly Nightshade

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Things are getting worse every hour that passes. The Estonian, Irish and swiss delegation have said that they won't perform tonight. I also have heard that neither Portuguese nor Spanish entries will perform tonight. Is this gonna be the last eurovision song contest? Everybody vote for Croatia 

Esc really deserves to be cancelled and never happen again, but I don't want it to end like that. Things were perfect 2 days ago and now everything is collapsing. I'm connected deeply with esc, it holds many memories from my childhood, and it was a dream of mine to go and see it live.... Ebu is fcked up. I believe that if Croatia wins tonight, eurovision is saved, but if i@@@@@ wins, then.. bye bye eurovision

In less than 1 hour eurovision starts, and i@@@@ is yet not disqualified... Even though they have broken a lot of rules.