rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT NOW!

18 hours ago, barttttender said:

I get you. But a song can both peak and stay there a long time. Look at Sabrina Carpenter. That's what we want.

S4brina C4rpenter releases her music the exact time tracking week starts. They also sent her songs to radio + auto play. She’s been getting pushed since last year. “Nonsense” was one of the first songs to get the new updated Spotify auto play feature (payola autoplay). I think it was the first song to get it :rip:. She’s also a “in the moment” artist right now. They kinda pushed her with auto play to get that far tbh. They took perfect advantage of it. Expresso was released at right moment too. It was during her Coachella Week. Both her and Ch4pell R0an got Coachella boosted. Expresso was the first song that clicked with the GP for her after being auto played with her other songs. Mind you, Expresso is still also auto played, but it also clicked with the GP. That’s why the numbers are so big. Ch4pell’s rise is much more organic. Miss S4brina has been doing some behind the scene shenanigans since last year. 

Billboard count radio + streams. L4na is already at a disadvantage because she’s not a radio artist. L4na is also not a singles artist. She’s an album artist. And Billboard is a U.S. chart. L4na is actually bigger in the UK than the US. Billboard doesn’t really reflect what songs are popular right now (at least the positions). It’s a chart that ranks what’s the most popular radio friendly songs. Not songs in general. For Example, My Love Mine All Mine peaked at #26. That song was way bigger than that number. The same with #91 peaking Video Games. Not charting at all Summertime Sadness. Yes, SS didn’t chart. It was the remix that charted.

And Tough was released on Wednesday again. Loosing two days of tracking. There’re a lot of things stacked against it. It needs to be an insane streaming monster (in the US) to get good positions on billboard because radio is basically 0, and it lost 2 days worth of streams already. And for it to stay on the chart, it needs higher streaming ratio than most of all the other songs. Tbh, it could do that if it’s truly a big hit but the positions on Billboard won’t reflect how big it actually is. Just like the example songs I mentioned above.

Just a thought: she's introduced two unusual genres with this song at once, country and rap/trap, which are notoriously unpopular with her fans (as you can see from COTCC and Groupie Love/Summer Bummer). So if anyone likes this, it's someone who listens to her first. I guess this song was just made to attract more new listeners who are usually into those two genres. It doesn't really fit into her discography so far, but for all that, the streaming numbers are pretty high.

2 hours ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

S4brina C4rpenter sort sa musique exactement au début de la semaine de suivi. Ils ont également envoyé ses chansons à la radio + lecture automatique. Elle est poussée depuis l'année dernière. "Nonsense" a été l'une des premières chansons à bénéficier de la nouvelle fonction de lecture automatique de Spotify (payola autoplay). Je pense que c'était la première chanson à l'obtenir :déchirer:. Elle est aussi une artiste "dans l'instant" en ce moment. Ils en ont parfaitement profité. Expresso est également sorti au bon moment. C'était pendant sa semaine de Coachella. Elle et Ch4pell R0an ont tous deux bénéficié du boost de Coachella.

Billboard compte les radios + les streams. L4na est déjà désavantagée car elle n'est pas une artiste radio. L4na n'est pas non plus une artiste singles. C'est une artiste album. Et Billboard est un classement américain. L4na est en fait plus grosse au Royaume-Uni qu'aux États-Unis. Billboard ne reflète pas vraiment les chansons qui sont populaires en ce moment (du moins les positions). C'est un classement qui classe les chansons les plus populaires à la radio . Pas les chansons en général. Par exemple,  My Love Mine All Mine a atteint la 26e place. Cette chanson était bien plus grosse que ce chiffre. La même chose avec la 91e place, Video Games. Summertime Sadness n'a pas du tout atteint les classements. Oui, SS n'a pas atteint les classements. C'est le remix qui a atteint les classements.

Et Tough est sorti mercredi encore une fois. Il a perdu deux jours de suivi. Il y a beaucoup de choses qui jouent contre lui. Il faut que ce soit un monstre de streaming fou (aux États-Unis) pour obtenir de bonnes positions sur Billboard, car la radio est pratiquement à 0, et il a déjà perdu 2 jours de streaming. Et pour qu'il reste dans le classement, il a besoin d'un ratio de streaming plus élevé que la plupart des autres chansons. Pour être honnête, il pourrait le faire s'il est vraiment un gros succès, mais les positions sur Billboard ne refléteront pas sa véritable ampleur. Tout comme les exemples de chansons que j'ai mentionnés ci-dessus.

QUELLLES SONT LES (LA) RAISONS POUR QUE CETTE FEMME NE BENEFICIR PAS DE PASSAGE RADIO COMME les autres chanteurs PARFOIS MONIS POPULAIRES

Refresher.sk: ,,Refresh your playlist with Quavo&Lana...you will listen to these tracks all summer."

https://refresher.sk/162984-REFRESHNI-SI-PLAYLIST-Quavo-a-Lana-Del-Rey-Eminem-aj-Separ-s-Michajlovom-Tieto-tracky-budes-pocuvat-cele-leto

Refresher is an online youth lifestyle magazine.  It operates on the Czech and Slovak markets and is dedicated to music, fashion, film, technology, history and news from home and the world. they are very popular on social media for news for youth. The last time they wrote about Lanas music was in 2018 (NFR release).

Tough goes east :dance4:

Screenshot-20240827-142854-Instagram.jpg

2 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Is this real or just another troll account 

Photos are real, I saw these on Insta, there was also a video

2.gif

26 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Is this real or just another troll account 

hi so pregnancy is a real thing! but no, streaming a song cannot get you 5 months pregnant in a matter of hours! 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

It reminds me of those twitter copypastas where "jenna ortega said that she listened to ultraviolence by lana del rey every day to prepare for the role of wednesday"

2.gif

28 minutes ago, Mer said:

hi so pregnancy is a real thing! but no, streaming a song cannot get you 5 months pregnant in a matter of hours! 

That’s so great to hear. Honestly I’m too young to become pregant.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it

pet96.gif pet96.gif pet96.gif

Oh yeah i forgot this came out. Who is Quavo again? I think i played Won Me Over more than this

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

Anyone else find it annoying that Apple Music doesn't add some very obvious cuts - like Tough - to their Lana Del Rey Essentials playlist?

No Tough, Venice Bitch, Snow on the Beach, Summer Bummer, Cherry, Don't Call Me Angel, or Cinnamon Girl, which are some of her biggest songs. But they've added a bunch of random cuts that nobody cares for like Blue Banisters, Prisoner, Watercolour Eyes, 13 Beaches and, I'm sorry but - Candy Necklace. 

Like, 13 Beaches over Cherry or Summer Bummer? Watercolour Eyes over Don't Call Me Angel? 10 year old collab with the Weeknd which wasn't even that big over a brand new collab with Quavo that's a hit? Move it along, Apple. Times a changin', and we need Tough on that playlist.