M.I.A.

Lana Del Rey is back in the studio.

I need to tell you guys something. I think i often will things into being. Two days ago i was thinking how frustrating it is that given how many pictures exist of Lana, there are never any of her recording, and how i much i wish that there were. And now here we are. This has happened with a bunch of other things before too. So...i’m now taking requests to will something else into being. 

Based on the room itself, the equipment, and the set-up, i'd say this is just a project studio and that she’s probably just recording some demo stuff (i pray this is not what a real session for a major label artist looks like these days), despite the fact that she’s singing into a $5,000 mic, ha. 

Also, remember when i made a joke that she probably doesn't use headphones when recording vocals? I guess it’s true! I fully endorse the headphones pictured hanging on that mic stand though, as i'm wearing those right now  ;)  

Trans-America?

Or the racecar Trans-Am?

Or a collaboration with the band Trans Am  :D

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I need to tell you guys something. I think i often will things into being. Two days ago i was thinking how frustrating it is that given how many pictures exist of Lana, there are never any of her recording, and how i much i wish that there were. And now here we are. This has happened with a bunch of other things before too. So...i’m now taking requests to will something else into being. 

Based on the room itself, the equipment, and the set-up, i'd say this is just a project studio and that she’s probably just recording some demo stuff (i pray this is not what a real session for a major label artist looks like these days), despite the fact that she’s singing into a $5,000 mic, ha. 

Also, remember when i made a joke that she probably doesn't use headphones when recording vocals? I guess it’s true! I fully endorse the headphones hanging on that mic stand though, as i'm wearing those right now  ;)  

Or a collaboration with the band Trans Am  :D

i've worked in studios with less equipment than that and the recording came out amazing....however i don't think it could be to Paradise or BTD standard..I think possibly she's recording ideas for a moving and the sending them off to the movie makers..i'm not gonna read to much into it tho  :eek:

tumblr_mucs0g8rNl1skf1lro1_250.gif

She looks so uncomfortable and that is ruining the whole thing for me.

I don't think she looks uncomfortable. More like tired or not really in the cheery/happy mood.

Maybe the song she recorded at the time is the new sequel in Blue-Games-to Die series. 

Lana_5.gif

I can't really imagine her being cheery in studio while recording those.

i've worked in studios with less equipment than that and the recording came out amazing....however i don't think it could be to Paradise or BTD standard..I think possibly she's recording ideas for a moving and the sending them off to the movie makers..i'm not gonna read to much into it tho  :eek:

I'm not necessarily talking about the amount of equipment but the equipment itself (like, what are those little $100 shitty premaps even doing there?) and the fact that they're going into a Macbook, unless there's a board sitting right where the pictures are taken from, but i don't think so because look where the engineer's chair is set up and where the monitors are positioned (although that part makes no sense to me). But even more importantly is the room itself. Everything about this just looks like a little "project studio." It's definitely not a room for tracking--you obviously don't track in a room with shit hanging on the walls, gaudy lamps, and a big leather couch, haa. And look at those workstation keyboards, those seem to me like typical home/project kind of gear. 

I don't know that i'd call anything on BTD and Paradise amazing sounding from an engineering standpoint  :eek: High fidelity and completely adequate for a big, major release, yes. But very by the book, lacking character kind of recordings. 

But i think you're right that they're recording ideas/sketches for some other, bigger project, perhaps, as you suggested, demoing something for those films she's mentioned. 

They are for sure recording though, it's not just a mock promo set-up. 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

I don't think she looks uncomfortable. More like tired or not really in the cheery/happy mood.

Maybe the song she recorded at the time is the new sequel in Blue-Games-to Die series. 

Lana_5.gif

I can't really imagine her being cheery in studio while recording those.

You're right. Maybe I worded it wrong. I don't mean really uncomfortable, it's more that she doesn't look cheery/happy (as you said), and it makes me sad. I don't think she records songs laughing and being totally cheerful, but I don't know, maybe it wasn't the idea I subconsciously had about her recording.