Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

Lana Songs You Don't Relate to Anymore?

Title. Maybe not so much, or to not so much even at all. 

Discuss. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952u2tnjqfav912cab438n

UV/Honeymoon

I started listening to her when I was 13 and I'm about to be 26. I've found that I consciously or unconsciously shaped my entire life around her music and so many of the same themes have played out in my adulthood. So really her music only gets more relatable as I get older. As a teenager, her music was more like fantasy and escapism but now it's literally just the story of my life. 

I agree with Divisive Princess; as I get older, I relate to her music even more, in ways I never felt before. 

14 minutes ago, Divisive Princess said:

I started listening to her when I was 13 and I'm about to be 26. I've found that I consciously or unconsciously shaped my entire life around her music and so many of the same themes have played out in my adulthood. So really her music only gets more relatable as I get older. As a teenager, her music was more like fantasy and escapism but now it's literally just the story of my life. 

Exactly this!!!!

url%5D

If I ever honestly related to a song, I never think to myself "nah not relatable anymore" once I'm in a different place, simply because I honour every part of my journey and I remember all the time that I once did relate to that song, rather than focusing on how I don't anymore.

But perhaps some I can actually mention would be:

Lolita (trust me I never thought of it in terms of the character, it was just me being a carefree girl and only wanting one guy- not having the time for other guys who had crushes on me)

Carmen (I never truly related but I would listen to it everytime I felt sad and misunderstood as a teen lol. Maybe i wish i would have realised at that age how much I actually did NOT relate lol)

WTWWAWWKD (still need this instrumental leak! But nowadays, especially since Israel started genocide in the middle east with everyone supporting it, I kinda refuse to listen to it as I think it doesn't come across in a way I want to accept, idkkk, its hard to explain)

The rest I am very happy to connect with again easily.

I wouldn’t say that there are any songs of hers that I can’t relate to anymore, but listening to her comes in waves for me. Last year I hit peak obsession and I was constantly playing her.

More specifically, I feel like I played the hell out of Ultraviolence for a number of years and while I still love the record, I try not to over-listen to it. Sometimes listening to an artist, an album or even a specific song too often can dilute the effect. 

All of our listening habits are different. I still listen to Lana more than most other artists, but I’m in a phase right now where my listening is a bit more moderated than this time last year, for example. But it has nothing to do with not being able to relate anymore. 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

hmm well im in my mid twenties now, so some of the older unreleased like for example take me to paris. i used to relate to it a lot, but now obviously i'm an adult and no longer in school lol. also some of the born to die era like carmen, this is what makes us girls, lolita. there's a lot i still relate to but in a different way now that i've matured compared to when i was in high school. i think at least most of her music is still relatable

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

I feel like really growing up with her music, and kinda sometimes having it feel a bit too close to home when it comes to personal life stuff before she releases the albums, of course I can relate, and I think that's what makes her stuff so personal for me. and not to dishonor my experiences but. I think maybe I'm just in my more Chemtrails/ Blue Banisters kind of headspace. And always pretty cerebral when it comes to Ocean Blvd. 

That kind of, oh no, I'm nothing without you kind of feeling when it came to Born To DIe, needing go thru the motions of UV, I think maybe personally, I'm just sensing that the heavier stuff doesn't feel as or so heavy anymore. Healing from NFR. So, perhaps a disconnect with the actual thread title, in not relating, but. more so, being able to move past certain songs that would hold a lot of intensity behind them, not so much anymore. 

I'm kinda wondering how fun Lasso's gonna be. Since like NFR, it felt like the stuff Lana was writing about/ going thru thru her music, reflected off of things that I was going thru those times so her music's been like a godsend thru out, but especially during these times. 

I'm wondering how diverse it might be, poignant maybe, but, maybe more joyful? thinking about these things, but I'm hoping the most it's got this meaningful edge to it

UV/Honeymoon